Pokemon Fire Red: Something weird happened to me.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Fire Red: Something weird happened to me.

Default Pokemon Fire Red: Something weird happened to me.

I was south of Viridian City training my Pidgeotto (evolved from a Pidgey that I trained from Lv. 2) and all I was battling was Rattata's and Pidgey's. I had just defeated a Pidgey, and I started to walk around in the grass again, and all of a sudden, it starts playing Legendary Pokemon music. I was mysteriously attack by a male Lv. 48 Dratini!! Dratini isn't even legendary, but It was playing Legendary music!! I was attacked by a male Lv. 48 Dratini south of Viridian City where only Lv.2 and Lv.3 Pidgey's and Rattata's. How was I attacked by a male Lv. 48 Dratini south of Viridian City??

P.S. If you're wondering, yes, I did defeat the Elite Four once. I beat them with:

1. Lv. 70 Vaporeon: Female
    2. Lv. 70 Machamp: Female
    3. Lv. 70 Raichu: Female
    4. Lv. 70 Gengar: Female
    5. Lv. 70 Alakazam: Female
    6. Lv. 70 Arcanine: Female

(Believe this or not, but I prefer female pokemon, cuz they have more HP and higher defensive strength's so they can stay in battle longer than males.)

Maybe I found that mysterious Dratini cuz I defeated the Elite Four first.

Okay, the Dratini thing... sounds bizarre and glitch-like. Kind of like the ol' Missingno. glitch without the Missingno..

What you said about female Pokemon... that's bull, I'm afraid. Stats don't depend on gender.

Or at least, not since RSE.

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

I want a legendary Dratini D:

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid Fury View Post
    I was south of Viridian City training my Pidgeotto (evolved from a Pidgey that I trained from Lv. 2) and all I was battling was Rattata's and Pidgey's. I had just defeated a Pidgey, and I started to walk around in the grass again, and all of a sudden, it starts playing Legendary Pokemon music. I was mysteriously attack by a male Lv. 48 Dratini!! Dratini isn't even legendary, but It was playing Legendary music!! I was attacked by a male Lv. 48 Dratini south of Viridian City where only Lv.2 and Lv.3 Pidgey's and Rattata's. How was I attacked by a male Lv. 48 Dratini south of Viridian City??

P.S. If you're wondering, yes, I did defeat the Elite Four once.
    Sounds like the game initiated a battle with the legendary beast relative to your starter but glitched it and threw out a different pokemon instead. It does sound feasible, as a similar glitch was used for Missingo and later Mew in the original games and I guess there's no real reason why a similar glitch couldn't really occur .

Of course, being based on R/S's programming as opposed to Red, Green, Blue and Yellow's, technically the same glitch should occur with Latios and Latias in R/S and possibly Emerald.

All it would really take is for the game to place two incorrect hex digits at the end of the Pokemon code at the start of the battle, and as I've said before the exact same thing has been exploited deliberately in the past - albiet in shoddier games.

I'm actually coming close to believing. Check your PokéDex for Dratini's Nest and see if it's hanging around some random route.

I still don't see why it would be level 48; that would mean two glitches at once.

(I've always prefered female pokemon. I've compared HP's and Defense's between male and female pokemon, and I've always seen that males have stronger attack powers and are faster, but females had higher (if only slightly higher) HP, and defensive strengths. Also, natures do come into play, and there's only some natures I like.)

Anywayz, back to the topic. I looked at Dratini's location. The only location to find Dratini was the Safari Zone. That being said, I think that Dratini that attacked me was a glitch!! Oh, I will not be happy if Nintendo put Missingno on this game again!! I've always hated Missingno ever since I laid eyes on it. To me, it looked like a pile of junk computer parts with one eye. I never liked it, and for what reason? It broke my old blue version, and someone caught a Missingno and traded it to my old yellow version, and now it's broke. I've always said Missingno was more than just a glitch... to me... it's a virus!! Same for 'M'. Oh... 'M'... he's was the worst of the lot. Plz tell me Missingno and 'M' aren't on Fire Red and Leaf Green...

Missingno is in every game. As indicated by its name it is the Missing Number, in other words it's 000 or 387 as far as R/S/Fr/Lg/E are concerned.

The only reason you encountered it in the original Red, Green and Blue were because the game was loading up a Pokemon battle where it had no Pokemon data (The Cinnebar Island coast, which was incorrectly setup to make the game think it was part of the water route). And the reason it was glitchy looking and so unstable was because the games weren't programmed to be able to handle the problem.

You can still encounter Missingno (Though it's never named any more, the reason it was named in R/G/B was purely because the game was literally telling you it was a Missing Number) in every main Pokemon game through some glitch or another, but following the original Missingo glitch, all the games are programmed with failsafes to handle it - which show up as question marks in the advance games and, I believe, an egg in G/S/C.

Incidentally, as far as R/G/B go, Missingno, the 'true' one was safe enough to capture - at the very most it screwed up your Hall of Fame records most of the time. Its variants, 'M' and so on, were the dangerous ones.

Well, Missingno. is one weird thing. The only way you could encounter Missingno. in R/G/B is if you talk to the old man in Viridian City and have him teach you how to catch a pokemon. During this process, the game stores your name data in it's memory while it replaces your name with "OLD MAN". After he teaches you how to catch a pokemon, your name data happens to still be stored in memory. Have a pokemon use fly and fly to Cinnabar Island. Then Surf right next to Blaine's gym, and keep on moving up and down the coastline. You'll eventually get into a battle, but the battle screen itself seems to take a little while to load... or is it loading at all?? No. It's actually briefly saving the game. This can be seen if playing R/G/B on Pokemon Stadium 1 for the N64. Missingno. and 'M' are nothing more than your stored name data in which the game thinks is a Pokemon. If you catch it (DON'T!!), open up your menu and go to POKEMON. You'll notice that Missingno. looks a little like a pixelated version of you. I guess this info only relates to R/G/B. How is Missingno. different on the newer games than it is on R/G/B?

Blog Entries

I caught Missingno one time in pokemon red, and when I traded it to pokemon gold, it was a Magby. ^o^ So I always thought Missingno was intentional or something.

(I traded over multiple Missingno pokemon, but they mostly turned into Magby or Cleffa.)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Missingno. in GSC depends on which hex value it was under in RBY. One that's #242 would come out as a Blissey, if you could trade over. Usually it auto-cancels, though.

And if you somehow manage to encounter a Pokémon before you have a starter of your own, you will send out ?????????? instead of a legitimate Pokémon, due to the lack of data. As for getting ?, you have to go LOOKING for trouble with that.

And the old, Gen I Missingno.s, 'M isn't dangerous unless you keep it around too long. I personally don't keep it around longer than it takes to teach Fly and such, then I evolve it straight off.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    What you said about female Pokemon... that's bull, I'm afraid. Stats don't depend on gender.
    I'm sure there's a crotch kick joke comes into play about that...

Pokémon Capture Expert paperfairy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Oak View Post
    Sounds like the game initiated a battle with the legendary beast relative to your starter but glitched it and threw out a different pokemon instead. It does sound feasible, as a similar glitch was used for Missingo and later Mew in the original games and I guess there's no real reason why a similar glitch couldn't really occur .

Of course, being based on R/S's programming as opposed to Red, Green, Blue and Yellow's, technically the same glitch should occur with Latios and Latias in R/S and possibly Emerald.

All it would really take is for the game to place two incorrect hex digits at the end of the Pokemon code at the start of the battle, and as I've said before the exact same thing has been exploited deliberately in the past - albiet in shoddier games.

If this IS true, when why haven't we seen this occur in RSE?

As for the male/female thing, that was only present in GSC. From RSE and beyond, gender does not matter. Just wanna make that clear.

don't like something? fix it. stop complaining about it.

I don't know why this has happened to me. It was just outta nowhere that a wild Dratini attacked me in Viridian, and just today, it attacked me again in east of Celadon City, even tho Dratini's pokedex entry says that Dratini can only be found in the Safari Zone.

If it's not the gender's that matter, then it's the nature of the pokemon that matters right?

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That certainly sounds like it is imitating the trio.

And yes, Natures do affect the stats.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast