Pokemon Diamond/Pearl The Ability Leaf Guard

Thread: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl The Ability Leaf Guard

Default Pokemon Diamond/Pearl The Ability Leaf Guard

I have a question about the ability Leaf Guard. People says if a pokemon have the ability Leaf Guard and Sunny day is used then al it status effect's are healed. But if that pokemon uses Double team before Sunny Day is in the battle. And then doe's Sunny Day. Is the evasiveness of the Double team on your pokemon away then?

Joe

Status affects are stuff like Poison, Paralysis, etc. So, no, Double Team wouldn't be nullified.

And a attack that boost your pokemon. Such as Calm mind. Or Curse. Because that is boosting your pokemon stats. Is'nt that going away then?

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

I believe that effect works like Safeguard when in play. Leaf Guard protects against Status induced effects like Sleep, Paralysis, Poison, Burn, Freeze and I think Confusion. You know, the effects where you need an item like Full Heal to recover. [Much like what Joe explained]

Status changes are completely different from this and are the effects you most seem most concerned about. No, leaf guard won't harm speed increases, defense boosts or any increases for that matter nor will it protect against status drops from attacks like screech or leer.

I use this on my Leafeon early on in the battle and use the Sunny Day boost in conjunction with my Ninetails. Also, if you've already been paralyzed or something to that effect before playing Sunny Day, leaf guard won't take it away when you decide to use Sunny Day.

Hope this helps clear up the confusion. lol.

-In Simple Harmony-