Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness - Main Series or Not? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness - Main Series or Not?

Default Re: Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness - Main Series or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnCrystal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe67 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnCrystal View Post
    3. No option to play as a female character
    Again I felt a need to correct, you could not in fact play as a female until pokemon crystal in genII, sorry I just hate leaving people uninformed
    Yeah, but Pokemon XD/Colosseum are Gen 3.
    Okay, I see what you were saying now. sorry

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    Spin offs.

1. No gyms, all confirmed main series games have gyms. Well, there is one gym, but that doesn't count.
    2. No wild Pokemon (except for XD's inconvenient system)
    3. No option to play as a female character.
    4. Not on a handheld system

And more.

But don't get me wrong, they have obvious similarities, and are more like the main series games than pretty much any other spin off.

it isnt considered a main series game because it dosent have any gym leaders or follow that type of format shown above. but it is still a role playing game with a great plot and things to do after you win among lots of other similarities, which makes it very unique among spinoffs. so id put it as a mainseries game thats just trying something new

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

Technically, Bulbapedia classifies them as "side series" games, which are apparently the middle ground between true "main series" and flat-out "spin-offs". Personally, I consider them main series titles by virtue of their ability to trade with the other Generation III games, as well as the presence of a kind of "Pokédex" which can be completed.

Before anyone says anything, I do not hold the same opinion of the Ranger titles because they don't trade; Pokémon are sent to the Generation IV titles by Mystery Gift, a capability normally possessed only by in-store promotional cartridges and Nintendo Wi-Fi servers. True trading is a universal main series characteristic, so Colosseum and XD are unique among side games for using it.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12