Hey guys, after researching for a while, I've come to a standstill on a Pokemon gaming question.
Is Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness to be considered part of the main series or not?
On one hand, they do maintain certain main series trademarks:
- Controlling a silent, human protagonist.
- Ability to catch, raise, and trade Pokemon.
- Ability to fight other trainers/wild Pokemon.
However, many people don't consider these games main series, for the reasoning of:
- Not being on a portable console.
- Not being designed by Game Freak.
- No route exploration.
What take do you guys have on this issue and how would you best describe the situation?