Pokemon Colosseum Question (God Help Me)
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Pokemon Colosseum Question (God Help Me)

  1. #1
    Registered User Gligarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Fernando Valley, CA
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Pokemon Colosseum Question (God Help Me)

    I know I've made it pretty clear on more than one occasion how much I loath this game. But I finally have some free time on my hands and I'm determined to get that Ho-Oh. But I have a few questions before I take on the final bosses so I don't mess things up anymore than they already are in this game.

    1) So I'm at the last part of the game where you have to fight about 6 trainers in a row. I managed to beat 3 out of the first 4 trainers. The only thing is that I knocked out the 4th trainers Shadow Pokemon before he beat me. If I were to challenge them again, will that Shadow Pokemon be there again or did I just ruin my save file forever?

    2) I've been told that in order to get Ho-Oh after beating the Mt. Battle 100 Trainer challenge and purifying all of the Shadow Pokemon, you have to use Pokemon from your story-mode file. But I also know that after I beat the final boss I can trade between the GBA games and Colosseum. So my question is, does it count if I use Pokemon from the story mode that I traded into the game?

    I'd appreciate the help. Thank you.

  2. #2
    The Golden Boy The Pig King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Pork City
    Posts
    770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    For 1, if you can re-fight him, you should be able to get it again.

    For 2, I have no idea.

    Banner by anime_aficionada.



  3. #3
    Stand up bobandbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Central Coast, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Aw, don't go hating Colosseum. Even if there are no wild Pokemon, or routes, or gyms, or contests, and plotholes everywhere... well, those are bad things. But, it has Miror B - look at the positives! ;)

    Anyway, for one, the guy's Shadow Pokemon will still be there when you go back. In fact the how scenario plays out again, with the cut scenes and all (basically, you save the world again - another of Colosseum's flaws in that regard, but at least you get second chances on snagging Pokemon). Also, the Master Ball glitch helps greatly if you don't mind that sort of thing (a glitch that helps you reuse the Master Ball - a quick Google search should lead you to it if you don't know it).

    Anyways - you get infinite chances for every Shadow Pokemon that you've missed.

    As for 2, yes, it can count. You can use Pokemon from outside Colosseum (from GBA games), just be sure to have 'registered' them as your team in Story Mode then, and use that registered team. Then you are good to go, once you've purified all 48 Shadow Pokemon before taking the Mt Battle challenge in Colosseum mode (NOT story mode), that is. :)

    Hope I helped. Good luck in getting that Ho-oh. Mt Battle challenge is pretty easy, just long-ish. Only near the end does it start to get 'hard', but none of my Pokes lost (you can get continues for clean-sweep victories), and had a Quagsire on my team...

    Banner By Sammi of Sppf
    A funnier version of the Pokemon Colosseum game, that also explains the 'unexplained'.
    Ever wondered WHY Wes blew up Team Snagem's base?
    Or what's with Miror B's hair?

    Reposted - Prologue Up

    Credit to Saffire Persian for the banner. Tragedy one-shot story.

  4. #4
    Registered User Gligarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Fernando Valley, CA
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Aw, don't go hating Colosseum. Even if there are no wild Pokemon, or routes, or gyms, or contests, and plotholes everywhere... well, those are bad things. But, it has Miror B - look at the positives! ;)

    Anyway, for one, the guy's Shadow Pokemon will still be there when you go back. In fact the how scenario plays out again, with the cut scenes and all (basically, you save the world again - another of Colosseum's flaws in that regard, but at least you get second chances on snagging Pokemon). Also, the Master Ball glitch helps greatly if you don't mind that sort of thing (a glitch that helps you reuse the Master Ball - a quick Google search should lead you to it if you don't know it).

    Anyways - you get infinite chances for every Shadow Pokemon that you've missed.

    As for 2, yes, it can count. You can use Pokemon from outside Colosseum (from GBA games), just be sure to have 'registered' them as your team in Story Mode then, and use that registered team. Then you are good to go, once you've purified all 48 Shadow Pokemon before taking the Mt Battle challenge in Colosseum mode (NOT story mode), that is. :)

    Hope I helped. Good luck in getting that Ho-oh. Mt Battle challenge is pretty easy, just long-ish. Only near the end does it start to get 'hard', but none of my Pokes lost (you can get continues for clean-sweep victories), and had a Quagsire on my team...
    You helped in more ways than one. I didn't know that there was a master ball in the game. I just got it. So here's one more question. Do you have to catch Ho-Oh or do they just give it to you?

  5. #5
    Descending into madness Umbreon Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    382
    Post Thanks / Like

    Follow Umbreon Freak on Tumblr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebichuman View Post
    You helped in more ways than one. I didn't know that there was a master ball in the game. I just got it. So here's one more question. Do you have to catch Ho-Oh or do they just give it to you?
    They just give it to you. It shows up in your PC after you beat the Mt. Battle challenge.
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-2624-7117
    Ice-Type Safari: Snover, Bergmite, and Cloyster

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    About the mt battle chalenge, I haven't purified all pokemon yet, am i able to chalenge, leave it and continiue later, or do you need to start, haveing purified them all and end without going anywhere else during the chalenge?

  7. #7
    追放されたバカ Nando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    3 warps to Uranus
    Posts
    3,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    83

    Default

    One other warning. You said you only made it up to the fourth guy, the male Cipher Peon? Be careful once you get past him, as the levels suddenly spike 10 levels higher when you go to fight Nascour to go into the 50s, then spike by 10 again for the boss after him.

  8. #8
    Registered User Gligarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Fernando Valley, CA
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nando View Post
    One other warning. You said you only made it up to the fourth guy, the male Cipher Peon? Be careful once you get past him, as the levels suddenly spike 10 levels higher when you go to fight Nascour to go into the 50s, then spike by 10 again for the boss after him.
    Yeah, I read about it in the guide I'm using. That's part of the reason why I've been dreading this so much. But still, once I beat this game I'm copying the file 3 times so that I never have to do this again if I need another Ho-Oh.

  9. #9
    Stand up bobandbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Central Coast, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    New question answered already - you get the Ho-oh, but I don't think you can copy the file, as that would be an easy way to clone. Nintendo made it so that you can't copy the file so you can't copy the Pokemon within it, so no copying the file I'm afraid.

    If you need some levelling up, Mt Battle in story mode is useful, and you can buy TM's with the winnings there.

    About the mt battle chalenge, I haven't purified all pokemon yet, am i able to chalenge, leave it and continiue later, or do you need to start, haveing purified them all and end without going anywhere else during the chalenge?
    You NEED to have purified all 48 shadow Pokemon before attempting Mt Battle in Colosseum mode to get Ho-oh, I believe. Otherwise you'd have to do it again...
    I think you could do other stuff inbetween in story mode while doing the Mt Battle challenge, not sure. Think it's two linked records there so you can as long as you don't register another team of Pokemon while doing so...

    Banner By Sammi of Sppf
    A funnier version of the Pokemon Colosseum game, that also explains the 'unexplained'.
    Ever wondered WHY Wes blew up Team Snagem's base?
    Or what's with Miror B's hair?

    Reposted - Prologue Up

    Credit to Saffire Persian for the banner. Tragedy one-shot story.

  10. #10
    Serious Pokemon Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You can copy save files if you have the GC to SD/USB card. Or if your daring, swap cards back and forth tilll it lets you save to the second one.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •