Pokemon Battle Revolution CoroCoro scan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Battle Revolution CoroCoro scan

Default Pokemon Battle Revolution CoroCoro scan

Merciless Goddess Misty's Avatar Retired Staff
    Trophies

don't see anything interesting or new but eh

Blog Entries

I wonder why it is that they are limiting this game's true advertisement to a one-month period. This case is not even the same as Diamond and Pearl, which may have had to wait until Ranger truly exhausted itself, but still had four months of coverage prior to release.

This CoroCoro page might as well have been featured in the September issue (released in August with the scoop on the starters); it hardly deviates the focus from Diamond and Pearl.

Hopefully, Genius Sonority has enough freedom to use the opportunity of updating their web site this Saturday for something at least mildly informative.

Trophies

It's starting to confirm my earlier fears - that this game is basically Stadium 3 with a new, shiny coat of paint. Simply put, they're showing the two things this game has: battling and graphics :P

Blog Entries

On the one hand, it is hard to imagine how this game can be what Colosseum was to Ruby and Sapphire, considering that it is a near-launch title to be released very soon after Diamond and Pearl - Colosseum was released exactly one year after Ruby and Sapphire, and more than two years into the GameCube's lifetime.

On the other hand, could Genius Sonority really resort to following HAL Laboratory's footsteps rather than their own? Even as a fan of the Stadium games, I can honestly say that such a move would disappoint me to no end.

It seems to me that there simply has to be a surprise about the nature of this game, which has been kept as such since June till even now because it is not intertwined with Diamond and Pearl at all. I would like to think that XD stands in the center of this surprise.

Haven't alot of people been wanting a Stadium 3?

Blog Entries

Trivia: Pocket Monsters 64 and Pocket Monsters RPG were originally planned for Pokémon's Nintendo 64 debut. From what little information was provided (mostly by a 1997 interview with Shigeru Miyamoto), the former was to be a Pokémon encyclopedia, while the latter was to be very much an RPG iteration of the series not unlike Red and Green. Presumably, both had been developed by Game Freak itself, only to be replaced by HAL's Pocket Monsters Stadium and Pocket Monsters Snap in the 1997 Nintendo Spaceworld's line of then-upcoming games.

All four games had been announced for the Nintendo 64DD, but obviously, the two which were eventually released ended up as regular N64 cartridges. For Stadium, as the 64DD was merely delayed at the time, the plan changed as to accommodate two 64DD expansions - one that would "flesh-out" the game, and another in the longer run that would allow compatibility with the still-developed Gold and Silver games.

By 1999, the Nintendo 64DD was finally released, but under limited support. The improved Stadium game was titled Stadium 2, and was a N64 game independant from the first. Needless to say, when Stadium GS was released in late 2000 alongside Crystal, it was not an expansion to either predecessor game, but it was true to the idea of bringing the games of the two Game Boy generations together.

The original Stadium game replaced Pocket Monsters 64 and Pocket Monsters RPG, and once it did, its two sequel installments for the Nintendo 64 were set in stone. Come the GameCube with its brand new environment, Nintendo naturally wanted to explore the original prospect of 3D Pokémon games, and so Box was developed by Game Freak while Colosseum was a project in the hands of a new company - Genius Sonority.

Were either Box or Colosseum perfect? Far from it, but by no means were they in any way a failure that would bring Nintendo to consider introducing the Stadium genre to a system other than the Nintendo 64. The recent release of the XD game and its moderate success is proof of this much. The fact that Pokémon Battle Revolution is being developed by none other than Genius Sonority practically seals the argument.

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

I liked the Stadium games more than XD (never played Colosseum). I liked how we could rent just about any Pokémon. I just wanted to experiment with different ones, and also see what they looked like in 3-D.

Trophies

I thought Stadium was a lot of fun, but by Stadium GS it got very dry. Besides, Netbattle/Competitor are far superior X)

I also hope we get rentals, so I can use some ones I wouldn't be bothered to train normally.....in America.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Habunake Cooke. View Post
    Haven't alot of people been wanting a Stadium 3?
    I have, I'd want a stadium and a pokemon rpg for the Wii. What I don't want is something that is half of both (ie XD and Colosseum). Personally I have my own ideas on what I want in a Wii Pkmn RPG, I'll mega-post on it later, but a lot of the ideas are from playing daimond.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I'm gonna have to agree with Bell. Having Stadium 3 as a place to battle, and an actual RPG as a place to train, get badges or whatever, and so on, as separate games would be great.

I have always seen Pokémon as being something for the handhelds, though... at least as far as training and such. It's easier to do that on the go, if you're on the train to class or waiting for it to arrive... Stadium was great for its organization features and actual tournaments... That's where XD and Colosseum failed.

Of course, since Wii has both GCN controller ports (meaning Gen III hookup) and the wireless stuff for Gen IV hookup, those transfers from Gen III don't seem like they're impossibly permanent... Not that Nintendo would be that nice, though.

Eh, we can only hope they're working hard to make Battle Revolution the best it can be.

And I want the Little Cup back.

I have always seen Pokémon as being something for the handhelds, though... at least as far as training and such. It's easier to do that on the go, if you're on the train to class or waiting for it to arrive... Stadium was great for its organization features and actual tournaments... That's where XD and Colosseum failed.
    I found Colosseum MUCH easier on training, at least as far as raising levels went. Battling the hoardes of Level 60-something Pokemon in Mt. Battle were a much more efficient and quicker way of getting Pokemon prepared for the Elite 4 than repeatedly killing Graveler in Victory Road.

Trivia: Pocket Monsters 64 and Pocket Monsters RPG were originally planned for Pokémon's Nintendo 64 debut. From what little information was provided (mostly by a 1997 interview with Shigeru Miyamoto), the former was to be a Pokémon encyclopedia, while the latter was to be very much an RPG iteration of the series not unlike Red and Green. Presumably, both had been developed by Game Freak itself, only to be replaced by HAL's Pocket Monsters Stadium and Pocket Monsters Snap in the 1997 Nintendo Spaceworld's line of then-upcoming games.
    Interestingly enough, I distinctly remember a similar interview published around 97 or 98 in Nintendo Power where the only two details released were that Pokemon 64 would be a 3-D RPG and the protagonist's name would be Leo. I find it amusing that the name of the main character remained the same while the project was passed around for so many years between developers.

Personally, the thing I want in a console Pokemon game would be:
    * A short but interesting plot-based mini-RPG featuring captures and battles ala XD
    * A Battle Mode feauturing various modes, Gym Leader challenges, rental Pokemon and mini-games ala Stadium 2.
    * A memory card of its own capable of storing many, many Pokemon ala Pokemon Box.

Basically I didn't like the features of the console games being split across five games in Generation III - the RPG in XD and Col, the storage in BOX, the mini-games in Pokemon Channel, and the special competitions in Emerald. I would muchly prefer them all to be in one game. Especially considering features such as Box's storage and the battle competitions wouldn't require much programming at all. The mini-games I could take or leave, but they were a cute feature that was appreciated. Box was especially annoying because it really wasn't worth being a stand-alone title and I certainly didn't want to order it through whatever Nintendo promotion they were featuring at the time, since everything on it could've so easily been included in XD or Colosseum.

If this is meerely Stadium 4, then I sincerely hope that the Gym Leader challenges are back with a collection of all the previous ones. The thrill of seeing all 32 (or 35 if they wish to include Blue, Janine, and Adan) Gym Leaders in 3-D wielding their updated Pokemon teams might be worth the price of admission.

If Genius Soroity does revisit a 3-D RPG, it would be nice to see it set in a region neighboring Orre but with a better wild Pokemon system. It's getting a bit tiring of wandering through nothing but desert. Perhaps they could expand Orre's nation a bit more. It would be nice to see it grow into a fully-developed Pokemerica to compliment GameFreak's Pokejapan. If they really wanted to do an interesting region they need to send the map designers for a week or two to California or Florida. Now those places have potential. Moreso than Arizona, at the least.
    Last edited by Zeta; 13th October 2006 at 06:42 PM.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

The only thing that NEEDS to return is Rentals for Multiplayer, and MINI GAMES!

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

I liked the mysterygift option plus the 3D room from Stadium GS. Oh, that would be
    awesome interaction between Diamond Pearl and the new Battle Revolution!

But as stated, I would like Genius Sorority to come out with one and only one
    flavor of a Pokemon game. Doing half stadium half RPG just didn't work for
    their last two projects. (though XD strayed a lot further away from a stadium aspect)

I'd be happy enough with one or the other, just not both together in the same game.

-In Simple Harmony-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast