Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Discussion Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Discussion Thread

The Egg Mouse Pokemon. :P Togechu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

Oh yes! EoS is my favorite game ever, besides Mario Kart 64, Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Gold!

Anyway, I've spent so many hours on PMD that I lost count...but here's my team in EoS!

Team:Blueshock
    Me:Typhlosion Lv.100(Richie)
    Partner:Pikachu Lv.100(Sparkster)
    Notable Recruits:Articuno, Mew, Shaymin, Cloyster, Darkrai, Kecleon, Manaphy, Phione
    Items:Mystery Part, Yellow Bow, Power Band, x10 Huge Apples, Gracidea..

Blog Entries

I love PMD. In Red Rescure Team, I started with a Bulbasaur with a Charmander partner. I had the exact same team in Explorers of Time.

Blog Entries

I thought Blue was surprisingly well done for a spinoff game. The story was fantastic, you really feel like a jerk until you find out Gengar was the human, not you. However, the gameplay got repetitive to me.

I was a mudkip with a partner chikorita (best grass starter ever! Besides tsutarja XD)
    My Black Team

Blog Entries

I've always extremely enjoyed the Mystery Dungeon games, but I could never continue to play them after I had totally completed the story in each game and I had recruited every Legendary. The games just lack the replay value which is essential to the mainstream games.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Loved the games, especially the second set. Loved the darker storyline. I loved the special episodes in Sky, especially #5. My main team there is:

Shinx- starter
    Turtwig- partner
    Charizard- joined as a reward for a mission (that I made with the Wonder Mail Generator)
    Garchomp- joined as a reward for a mission (that I made with the Wonder Mail Generator)

Blog Entries

I loveeeee the games!<3 I played Red Rescue Team and Explorers of Time, both awesome.

In Red Rescue Team: Team Justicia
    Machamp lv1 100 moves- Flamethrower,Flamethrower,Wide Slash and Karate chop+6
    Partner- Raichu lvl 36 moves- Shock Wave,Thunderbolt,Quick Attack and Brick Break. Lucario rank and recruited all legendaries except Celebi and Jirachi.

In Explorers of Time: Team Phoenixx
    Empoleon lvl 53 moves- Hydro Pump,Bubble+4,Surf and Whirlpool
    Partner- Blaziken lvl 52 moves- Ember,Shadow Claw,Flamethrower and Fire Spin.

The best. Spin-off games. EVER!!!

I love the series. The dungeon crawler genre appeals to me already, (I've nearly beaten NetHack a few times), but dungeon crawler + pokemon is a perfect combination.

My explorers of sky team is a Totodile (me), and a Riolu (my partner). I use pokemon I recruited, mainly for status moves or type coverage, but which are in my team change frequently.

Yeah, I found them more fun, even when you beat them!!

GO BUNCHIE AND LUCARIO!!!

...unfortunately. In a Quandary's Avatar

I picked up EoS solely for the storyline; the first PMD was impressive in that respect, and I hoped that that would be an ongoing trend in the series. Suffice it to say that that it far exceeded my expectations. The high difficulty level isn't terribly conducive for its re-playability, though.

I played as Shinx with an Eevee partner (at that point in time, I lacked the foresight to consider the effects of one horrible Run Away ability). Dialga gave me absolute hell.

Ohmygod They Killed Kenny Cartmanland's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Anyone Besides Me...?

Does anyone besides me ever get annoyed with your Pokemon Partner in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. The stupid Pokemon never gives you any privacy and they talk to you in the middle of the night and sometimes their lines can be flat out corny.

"Be brave... be the bravest ever!"

Then your partner tells Dusknoir all about you and the Dimensional Scream, thus giving you away. Then, later in the future, your partner naively belives that Dusknoir is actually the good guy. You have to go through two dungeons because your stubborn partner won't trust Grovyle.

My biggest peeve throughout the game is that your character has to be the strong one. I would love to mope and cry in the Future but instead the game makes you comfort your stupid partner. The scene where you disappear is a little sad but a little hard to believe because the game doesn't show much of your friendship with them. I find your friendship with Grovyle alot more believeable than your supposed bond with your partner. They could at least give your partner distinct personalities depending on the Pokemon it is. Like Skitty could be more silly and energetic or Chicmhar could be more cracking jokes or fooling around or maybe make Bulbasaur and Chikorita more docile. But I guess that'd be alot to fit into the Nintendo DS.

Bottom line is, I don't mean to troll but as useful as your partner is, he can also be a pain sometimes. Its really annoying being sent back to the guild when your partner messes up.

Opinions?

Sandslash

My Partners

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team

Chikorita
    Level:12
    Name:Rita

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Time

Cyndaquil
    Level:20
    Name:Quil

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Darkness

Chimchar
    Level:40
    Name:Courage

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Sky

Munchlax
    Level:5
    Name:Otis
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

-Pokemon: The First Movie

Default Re: Anyone Besides Me...?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandslash View Post
    Does anyone besides me ever get annoyed with your Pokemon Partner in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.
    Well, yeah, he can be stupid and say cheesy things, but that's what makes him so goddamn lovable.

Besides, it may just be me, but when my partner fucks up and I have have to start over, he always ends up saving my ass multiple times on my next try, usually resulting in me clearing a dungeon I would have failed miserably in otherwise.
    User:Cold on Bulbapedia.

I hate signatures that ask you to copy+paste them. Copy+paste this if you do, too.

I don't use legal hacks. Who came up with that anyways? Stupidest thing ever. He/she should be shot.

Also, I'm getting sick and tired of getting licked by every other avatar I see. Copy+paste this if you are t...just kidding.

Relax and have fun. The Power of Pika's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love Pokemon Mystery dungeon. It's thanks to it that I got into dungeon crawlers plus I bought other Mystery dungeon games that aren't Pokemon.

Though Pokemon Mystery dungeon will always be my favourite since I find it fun with alot of options.=)
    The story and the dungeons are fun to go through.
    Only thing I'm dissapointed with is the lack of the wiiware version outisde japan. Japan got it and no where else.=(

I would have so bought all 3 versions if they released it.
    Last edited by The Power of Pika; 10th September 2010 at 08:38 PM.

My name is Daffy Duck, I worked on a Merry-Go-Round, The job was swell,
    I did quite well,Till the Merry-go-round broke down.
    (Hoo-hoo! Hoo-hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo-hoo!)

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Power of Pika View Post
    I love Pokemon Mystery dungeon. It's thanks to it that I got into dungeon crawlers plus I bought other Mystery dungeon games that aren't Pokemon.

Though Pokemon Mystery dungeon will always be my favourite since I find it fun with alot of options.=)
    The story and the dungeons are fun to go through.
    Only thing I'm dissapointed with is the lack of the wiiware version outisde japan. Japan got it and no where else.=(

I would have so bought all 3 versions if they released it.
    I heard that the graphics are are just like My Pokémon Ranch D: In other words, they're really ugly.

I am currently playing the PMD Time and was curious if this has happened to anyone. In the Mystery Jungle Dungeon, I was approaching a kecleon with his goods on floor 16 when I stepped on an electrode trap that incidentally hurt the kecleon (this trap was literally adjacent to rug he is on). Then he begins to attack me. As a result, I decided to just restart the dungeon after his onslaught. Has anything weird (not necessarily this) and possibly unfortunate ever happened to you?

Never alone <3 Elphie jasonwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the first time i played a PMD game was my friends red rescue team. he loaned it to me and i beat i quite easily. as soon as darkness came out i had to get it. right now i have a raichu/ typhlosion team. i normally prefer a different starter, but raichu is still good. it would take me forever to talk about all the great things i've done or have had happen on PMD, so i'll sum it up with this.

as long as i own a PMD game i will continue exploring the ever changing world that i have come to know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast