Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Discussion Thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Discussion Thread

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Discussion Thread

The PMD series doesn't disapoint. It's my favorite Pokémon video game series overall. Even though it's a spinoff series, it's still better than the main games in my book. I'm currently playing Explorers of Sky, in which I'm a Vulpix named Miles (obviously) and my partner is a Piplup named Alex.

Talk about all the PMD games here, all you fans out there! Memorable moments, the version you're currently playing, which Pokémon you are, etc...
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 21st July 2012 at 09:30 AM.

Default Re: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

I play Blue Rescue Team. I started as Pikachu in my first run (which I accidentally deleted), and as Charmander in my second and current one. My partner has always been Squirtle, because Blastoise is my favorite Pokémon. On my first run, I managed to get Blastoise to level 100, which was possibly the happiest moment of my then-ten-year-old life.

Another of my favorite moments was when I found my first buried item, a Max Elixir. I haven't found another one since.
    User:Cold on Bulbapedia.

I hate signatures that ask you to copy+paste them. Copy+paste this if you do, too.

I don't use legal hacks. Who came up with that anyways? Stupidest thing ever. He/she should be shot.

Also, I'm getting sick and tired of getting licked by every other avatar I see. Copy+paste this if you are t...just kidding.

Blog Entries

PMD is AWESOME! I recently accidentally sold my PMD games, but I'll be buying Explorers of Sky in ten or so days. When I get it I'm gonna see what Pokemon I would actually be first, then go on the internet and find the answers to be a Riolu, and get a female Vulpix as my partner. I'll be sure to post here when I get it!
    -Gray [n.] Any achromatic color; any color with zero chroma, intermediate between white and black.-
    Assassins' Creed: Reborn, my newest RP

Blog Entries
    Follow GoldeenTail On Twitter Add GoldeenTail on MySpace
    Follow GoldeenTail on Tumblr

I like the PMD series, but in my opinion it could of been better in terms graphics and story. That really the only thing I don't like about it besides lack of good replay value. Sure it just a dragon and dungeons + pokemon, but I still liked it.

Red team: Pikachu used to like it, now I hate it, me, Mudkip, partner, because mudkipz are love<3, Spinda, for the cuteness, and Houndoom

Time team: Piplup, me, Pikachu, partner asdf;ghjkl Lapras, and I don't remember the fourth member.

I didn't bother to get Sky. It looked no different from Time/Darkness to me.

Terrible Blaziken no. 827 TerribleTwelve's Avatar

Mystery Dungeon is awesome. I just simply love the format though I've only played Blue.
    I'm a Charizard with Heat Wave +1, Flamethrower, Blast Burn and Ember +1. Lv. 100.
    My partner's a Feraligatr with Hydro Pump, Hydro Cannon, Slash, and Dive/Surf/Waterfall. Yup, that slot's my HM slot.
    I also use a Magikarp (Splash is his name and favorite move. He now has Tackle and Flail. He's level 78 and growing), for the fun of it. Actually used it to get through Silver Trench.
    I've apparently recruited all 386, and am at Lucario Rank.
    Got one (or more) of each TM/HM, plus a used one.

Edit:
    Bought Sky, Played Sky, Now in Blizzard Island. Completed all Special Episodes.
    I'm Torchic, Wide Slash +1, Vacuum Cut, Flamethrower, and I don't remember the last one.
    My partner's Piplup, Brine, Hydro Pump, Brick Break, Something else.
    Got through everything up to and including Sky Peak.
    Last edited by TerribleTwelve; 1st November 2010 at 05:29 AM.
    The twelve Pokémon that make the Pokémon world awesome.

Blog Entries

Follow Ahnyo on Tumblr Visit Ahnyo's Youtube Channel

I love the PMD series. I own each of the games and two copies of Blue Rescue Team--

Red: Team Blade; Treecko and Charmander
    Blue 1: Team Dragons; Feraligatr and Charizard
    Blue 2: Team Treevee; Umbreon and Sceptile
    Time: I restarted this one, it used to have the same thing as my first Blue game.
    Darkness: Team Blaze Leaf; Charizard and Meganium
    Sky: Team Disaster; Turtwig and Shinx

I've never been willing or able to raise a Pokemon to Lv. 100 in the main games, but I have four Lv. 100s in Darkness: me, my partner, a Feraligatr, and a Lucario; I also have a Mew and a Heatran that are pretty close to 100.
    I'm currently playing Sky; I'm in Deep Dark Crater, and I cannot beat Darkrai no matter what DX

Insert Witty Title Here Azure Butterfly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

PMD:EoS is amazingly fun. I have two lv. 100s and I'm working towards making my team from the main games.

Also I happened to get six Wondermail S codes for the Myster Part/Secret Slab. XD

I think the plot was a lot better in the second gen version than any of the main series attempts at "destruction of the world" plots.

Blog Entries

Visit The Miniryu's Youtube Channel

I just wish for onece that you were actualy pokemon not human for once....
    The wind howls...The rain pours...A figure appears in the darkness...The Minryu approaches..............

Does anyone who plays these games ever use anybody other than their starter/partner?

I used a Noctowl once because I liked Hypnosis, Vibrava because it was the first second-stage Pokémon I'd recruited, Castform because weather is actually pretty common in certain dungeons, Nuzleaf to see what Nature Power would become in certain dungeons, Poliwrath because of Damp, and Teddiursa for the lulz.

And if legendaries count, I've used Articuno, Zapdos, Rayquaza, and Ho-oh over the years. I tried Kyogre too, but it sucked. (Level 25? WTF was gamefreak thinking?)

I hate signatures that ask you to copy+paste them. Copy+paste this if you do, too.

I don't use legal hacks. Who came up with that anyways? Stupidest thing ever. He/she should be shot.

Also, I'm getting sick and tired of getting licked by every other avatar I see. Copy+paste this if you are t...just kidding.

Insert Witty Title Here Azure Butterfly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had a team of Pikachu, Poliwrath, and Ninetales in PMD:RRT

Blog Entries

I cried at both the endings in my two PMD games. The end is always so sad when you have to leave your partner... it's also the ONLY time you actually talk.

Avatar by Banebuu. Licky by Larxion. Banner by Sayi.

Blog Entries

^ agreed

I am going to go out and grab my DS and EoS game when i am done on here, start a new game and play the day away. I love these games, but i actually forgot bout it. BTW, i might use internet to find what starter i want, so my team will be....

Charmander(Ember) and Shinx(lucky)

Anybody ever think of trying a nuzlocke on these?
    My 3ds FC: 0018 2172 7225 Safari: Rock Feel free to add me! I can only get on wifi maybe once a week at most though!
    my stats[/SIZE]|ranger

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KantoMasta View Post
    ^ agreed

I am going to go out and grab my DS and EoS game when i am done on here, start a new game and play the day away. I love these games, but i actually forgot bout it. BTW, i might use internet to find what starter i want, so my team will be....

Charmander(Ember) and Shinx(lucky)

Anybody ever think of trying a nuzlocke on these?
    Whoa, dude. This is the Mystery Dungeon series. It's much too difficult already! Plus all your pokémon are revived if you faint so it's no use.

What Miles said, also, you can't release your starter/partner.

Blog Entries

good point. anyway, update

in 1st dungeon, same team as b4
    My 3ds FC: 0018 2172 7225 Safari: Rock Feel free to add me! I can only get on wifi maybe once a week at most though!
    my stats[/SIZE]|ranger

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast