FAQ: PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth/Gates to Infinity Discussion Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth/Gates to Infinity Discussion Thread

Default Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth

Hooray! This could be the greatest game ever.

That is, if they don't fuck it up like they did with the Adventure Squad series. My god. Mystery Dungeons are renowned for their storyline, so this one had better have a good storyline. All dark and yet heartwarming, etc.

At first, they were like you can only be Pikachu and I was like noooooo but then they were like Pikachu, Unova Starters, and Axew. I was like yaaaaaay because of Axew. But it still would be nice for them to have more of a variation in starter choice. I don't like the idea of Only Starters Or Popular Pokemon. I mean, how hard would it be to make any Pokemon choosable? There's already a code in Darkness/Time that does that, and it doesn't mess the game up horribly, they just lack a few portraits. So, what, a month's more work? A week, with devotion? And it would make the game so much better.

Nevertheless, I can't not get this game, being a Mystery Dungeon fan.

So, in conclusion:

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

This could either turn out to be the best Mystery Dungeon game ever or the worst Mystery Dungeon game ever.

But yeah, if the plot is anything resembling the one from Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky - it should be a good game. Though the one thing I want them to do is allow evolution during the main storyline, not just post.

Oh, and I love the title. ^^
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

At first when I saw the headline in the news section I was all fired up but then I saw it was for the 3DS only and gave out a loud soul-crushing "NOOOO!" Then I read on and the amount of limitations announced on MC/Partner made me feel a much better.

That said, I'm on the fence now and will wait until a lot more gets revealed. If the game is worth it, then I finally have the 10 game requirement (with me waiting for a localization announcement for like 3 or 4 of them) to make me bother with the 3DS.

Blog Entries

I'd rather have a new 3D game similar to Colosseum/XD/PBR, but this is great too! I adore Mystery Dungeon! <3

Blog Entries

Infinite Labyrith? I love labyrinths. Play as Axew sweet. I'm excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

What, a new Pokemon Mystery dungeon!? M. Bison "Yes Yes!" Widescreen HD reupload - YouTube

Ahem* now that that's said and done, I really like what I'm seeing in this screenshot of the dungeon map File:CoroCoro Oct 12 Mystery Dungeon 2.jpg - Bulbanews it looks like they're finally going to have some creative room layouts :D.

Now don't you dare over-kidify this Gamefreak/Chunsoft, make it as epic as all the rest!
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Blog Entries
    Follow MegaCharr On Twitter
    Visit MegaCharr's Youtube Channel

MY 5 MONTHS OF SAYING UP MONEY FOR THE NINTENDO 3DS IS FINALYYYYYYYY PAYING OFF!!!!

*coughts* I knew*coughs* they didnt let me*coughs*down....

Anyways,after I got sad that the Wiiware version of a 3D PMD never made it to the US....Now with this...I have hopes again that perhaps that dream might become real and on a system I payed alot of money for...

Face it everyone,the Nintendo DS is out of date because Nintendo is following Microsoft policys of out of date stuff like they dont make it anymore so now that you cant buy Nintendo DS systems....You can be like me and save your pennys for 5 months and get it then;best if you keep updating your video game hardware or you might be unable to play the latest games I heard...

Im sorry,I need a straight jacket after all of this........I'm losing my mind FOR REAL...Dang! (I really dont have any words on how epic this 3D PMD game is going to be)

Blog Entries

Well...at least it wasn't another PokePark game.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For those of you who are concerned with the impressions that the Wiiware titles previously left, you should consider the price those games were sold at. Half a game's price at start will give you half a game. Expect nothing more or less.
    Oh?

Blog Entries

Woo hoo! A new Mystery Dungeon game! Too bad I don't really want to play as Pikachu...

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    I never played a Mystery Dungeon game, so I didn't quite understand the fascination, but hey, it's always a joy to know that there's a sequel to a knowingly great spin-off.

Thanks for reading.
    Trust me, they are very good but they have a tendency to tug at the heartstrings. True story: my husband and I were playing the first Mystery Dungeon games. He finished before I did. As the credits rolled on his GBA SP, I could hear sniffling. I look over at Prime, who has his head bowed. His cheeks are damp and he's muttering, "It's just a stupid video game."

You read that right. The ending brought him to tears and he's not a huge Pokemon fan! (Seriously, why aren't these games packaged with a blasted hankie? You really do need it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Garuru View Post
    At first, they were like you can only be Pikachu and I was like noooooo but then they were like Pikachu, Unova Starters, and Axew. I was like yaaaaaay because of Axew. But it still would be nice for them to have more of a variation in starter choice. I don't like the idea of Only Starters Or Popular Pokemon. I mean, how hard would it be to make any Pokemon choosable? There's already a code in Darkness/Time that does that, and it doesn't mess the game up horribly, they just lack a few portraits. So, what, a month's more work? A week, with devotion? And it would make the game so much better.
    ^ This. What if I want to play as a Golett? I mean, it can't be that hard to program that in. Or I could at least have Golett as my Partner.... um, scratch that. You kinda end up breaking your Partner's heart in the end, right? Yeah, I can't do that as a crying Golett would completely break me!
    L-05308 likes this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

Hooray, a new MD, and it's looking like an actual sequel to Sky too! MD is probably my favorite of the Pokémon spin-offs (haven't fully beat Conquest yet so I'm leaving that out) and probably my favorite music from the series is from PMD2.

Here's hoping to another PMD2/BW-style plot. Pokémon games with plot is shocking, but PMD2's was so well made for a Pokémon game...

I hope you can start as a Deino. Or a Stunfisk. That would be awesome.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

First of all, I'm hoping that's a literal translation up there, because if not that name is ridiculous.
    Second of all, five starters? I preferred the twelve-some starters we had in the DS titles.
    Obviously this is based on current info. Hopefully we'll get more.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The single title and the gimmickier aspect with how it differs from the other two first games, makes me think this won't be like those and more like the Adventure Squad games in style.

That is, not plot-heavy. Or at least not in the same way. Of course, this will be a full game with plenty of features and dungeons and a story... But I just don't have high hopes for the later.
    It simply reminds me too much of Poképark. And what strikes me as most dubious is the small starter selection, not because it would be cool to play as X pokémon... but because they aren't enough for something like the test at the start, which is why I'm suspicious there won't be as much of personal involvement.

Oh well. At least they did remake the graphical engine, and I sure hope they remade the engine from scratch too (most likely, they used the one of the later Shiren games). There were a few small things that irked me.

[/overexposition]

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Droideka View Post
    Hooray, a new MD, and it's looking like an actual sequel to Sky too!
    If it is, then starting as Pikachu won't be SO bad, since my partner was a Pikachu. Gus the Pikachu gets to stand front and center, haha!

Still, I hope this is just a for-now thing, and we get more choices for partner. 'Cause seriously, there's freakin' Kibago, but no Zorua?! What madness is this?

Silverwynde likes this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

mostly just a recluse
    Blog Entries

kind of disconsolate about this at the moment: it might be because i don't like the way that the 3-D looks right now, but i also think that the pmd series has lost most of its lustre for me. back when pmd red and blue were released, they were clinquant, adorable novelties that were nice distractions from the main series games; time/darkness/sky were arrant time sinks that were engrossing for me and rectified most of the quibbles that i had with the older games. i didn't play the newer ones, but this game? honestly, i'm a little skeptical of how good it will be, which bothers me because i have no reason to suspect that it won't be interesting. i guess i'll just wait to see some footage and then form a bit more of an opinion on it. my interest in pokemon is kind of waning, though, so i don't really know if i'll enjoy it much at all.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast