FAQ: PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth/Gates to Infinity Discussion Thread - Page 18

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth/Gates to Infinity Discussion Thread

Default Re: PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth/Gates to Infinity Discussion Thread

It's just how the store works, unfortunately.

Why is why it's the only store you can build multiples of without having pay three times as much for it, and costs about a third of the materials to construct compared to the standard stores.

It's mostly just a way to get some of the uncommon hold items like Pass Scarves easily, as well as some of the better orbs and seeds like Pure Seeds and All-Protect Orbs.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth/Gates to Infinity Discussion Thread

I have to say, I found the ending to be extremely moving, which I couldn't really say about the last games (the orginal ones, yeah, but I didn't find Explorers' all that sad). This one almost brought tears to my eyes. Also:

I have to say, this was a great game. Being that it was so different from the first two, I honestly wasn't as excited about it, but it was truly great and moving.
    Totophile likes this.

I think this game easily ranks among my top 10 as far as soundtracks go, after giving everything a good listen again in the Musical Paradise.

It's great from the get-go, but becomes downright amazing from chapter five onwards.

I honestly had to remind myself I was still playing a Pokemon game occasionally, because the music almost seemed too epic for it at times (The final dungeon themes and final boss theme in particular).
    Last edited by Rakurai; 24th April 2013 at 03:57 AM.

Which game are you talking about? I would say precisely the same thing about Explorers's soundtrack ... which also happens to be the only installment that officially divides the game into chapters.

Any of the points where a new icon on your save file is filled in could be considered the start of a new chapter.

Blog Entries

So when do we start recruiting? I'm still fairly early along but I'd like to know when we at least get the chance to grab someone while on a mission. I really don't want to go through a particular desert with my tail between my legs and avoiding everyone in sight. (Yeah, if I can't recruit certain ones, I don't want to fight them. I am a wuss.)

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

You can recruit Pokemon once chapter 3 starts.

Said chapter is also the only story chapter that you can actually bring your recruits on, however. If you do recruit a Pokemon in any of the later chapters, they'll be sent back to the paradise even if you have space for them in your party.

Blog Entries

I never really bothered with your recruited Pokemon in the first place. I just stuck with the Pokemon the story gave you. It helps make that one part in the story make more sense if you go on like they don't exist.

Blog Entries

I wasn't blown away by the demo, to be honest, but all these positive reactions have me thinking I should plunk down my thirty four dollars anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xita View Post
    I never really bothered with your recruited Pokemon in the first place. I just stuck with the Pokemon the story gave you. It helps make that one part in the story make more sense if you go on like they don't exist.
    Oh yeah, the first trip to the Great Glacier. Total gameplay/story segregation going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    I have to say, I found the ending to be extremely moving, which I couldn't really say about the last games (the orginal ones, yeah, but I didn't find Explorers' all that sad). This one almost brought tears to my eyes. Also:

I have to say, this was a great game. Being that it was so different from the first two, I honestly wasn't as excited about it, but it was truly great and moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Totophile View Post
    I know what you mean. The first PMD had a variety of plot events cropping up in Pokemon Square (like Munchlax's cameo and Latios), the second PMD had a shorter story arc involving Cresselia, this one, the story just seems to ... stop. I actually do kind of miss not having any story to guide you in the postgame. Yes, there are still plenty of dungeons to explore and Pokemon to recruit, but no ... "impetus" to do so.
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 29th April 2013 at 12:09 AM.
    Totophile likes this.

Serperior rules us all Catilena1890's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Catilena1890 On Twitter
    Visit Catilena1890's Youtube Channel

I loved this game. It got you so emotionally involved, I played through it 4 times and I cried every single time, particularly at the end of the first arc before you play as the partner.

Also, I discovered something about Musical Paradise. You are NOT able to access just 64 songs plus the DC, I just reached Royal rank and I have over 80 tracks, and the only thing I downloaded was the poke forest. This makes me happy, I LOVE the song they play when Post Town celebrates the awesome things you do, like destroying the final boss.

Imma go write a review now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xita View Post
    I'll probably stick with what I'm given, I just want the chance to recruit some...ah, new friends. (We all know which.) Besides, I don't know if I'd want to get any of them any EXP to evolve them as I could get their evolved form later.

Well, at least I know I don't have to whimper through the Desert now. :)

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Serperior rules us all Catilena1890's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Catilena1890 On Twitter
    Visit Catilena1890's Youtube Channel

That moment when you cream a Monster House with a single Team Attack. They should have introduced those ages ago <3

As for the left board missions, I'm a sad, lonely 21-year-old. My way around beating those bosses, especially the legendary ones, is Hydreigon. I stockpiled all my stat boosters except calcium and now they go down in about 5 hits. Sometimes I don't even use a reviver seed. I suggest you get a strong Dragon-Type attack and Stone Edge, and you'll cream all of them *provideded the pokemon is strong enough. I'd say the mid-60's is safest*. Even Shiny Ho-Oh cowers before the might of the Voice of Life!

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast