FAQ: PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth/Gates to Infinity Discussion Thread - Page 17

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth/Gates to Infinity Discussion Thread

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth/Gates to Infinity Discussion Thread

This story is pretty sad all around.

What they did at the ending scene... I really couldn't take it.

It doesn't have the same length as the last generation, but it was beautiful in all the right places.

I'm glad this spinoff series exists.
    Oh?

Default Re: PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth/Gates to Infinity Discussion Thread

If there's one thing I have to give the PMD series major props for, it's managing to make the ending of each game a real tearjerker regardless of how predictable they are.

They really outdid themselves this time around, though. The ending of Gates to Infinity alone is enough to make me prefer the game's story to Explorers, though I loved the entire story as a whole.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

2 more Wondermail codes for you peoples~
    8W7TNK36 - Iron
    NPWRWH8Q - Blue Key

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    If there's one thing I have to give the PMD series major props for, it's managing to make the ending of each game a real tearjerker regardless of how predictable they are.

They really outdid themselves this time around, though. The ending of Gates to Infinity alone is enough to make me prefer the game's story to Explorers, though I loved the entire story as a whole.
    Aww man...I can already tell I'm gonna get the feels at the end. I'm such a sap, and I loved everybody far too quickly.

Blog Entries

Went ahead and added all revealed wondermail codes to date to the OP of this thread for easy finding x)
    Wonder how many more we'll end up getting~

edit: added some more codes to the OP c:
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 13th April 2013 at 05:33 AM.

Blog Entries

Bumping to let it be known that there are some new wondermail codes available in the OP of this thread!

Also what's you guy's progress thus far in the game for those who have it? I'm kinda chickening out on going on this glacier expedition that's gunna take a long while before i can go back to Paradise and I think I may have over leveled some ^^;; I'm like, level 27 and dug up 50 gold bars just to get that Blizzard TM for Oshawott XD Whenever I know a big event is coming I over prepare by like A LOT ok? ; A ;)
    Dolce likes this.

I have 122 hours clocked in the game and have finished every single dungeon.

All that's left is maxing my Paradise rank, getting all of the Pokemon (I curse how rare Cobalion, Terrakion, Thundurus, and Tornadus are), and filling out the rest of my Pokemon Paradise. I might also max out my three dragon types of choice (Hydreigon, Deino, and Axew) for kicks just to see how much damage I can cause or if I can go toe to toe with Kecleon.

On an unrelated note, I can't listen to any of the ending themes from Home of Memories onwards without getting teary eyed...
    Last edited by Rakurai; 20th April 2013 at 03:08 AM.

I think I've clocked 40 hours on it or so. Beat the main storyline (Kyurem and the Bittercold), still early in the postgame. It just informed me how dungeons get an added Mysteriosity rank now, I think I'd better finish up that list of old jobs then because they don't have them.

MC is an Axew named "Slake", favorite move Dual Chop (it's up to rank 6 by now; and for Steel types I can always use Incinerate or Dig), which is how I beat Kyurem. Second favorite Dragon move has to be DragonBreath (why it's a long-range move when Dragon Pulse is not I have no idea; the main series has it the other way around, but it rocks just the same).

Partner is an Oshawott named "Lutra". His favorite move has to be Water Pulse because it's long range. It does seem like half the Water-type moves (Bubble, Bubblebeam, Hydro Pump, etc.) are all long-range attacks. Really hated that in the first PMD (MC there was a Charmander).
    yourlilemogirl likes this.

Blog Entries

i've clocked about 69hrs:26mins but it's mostly from me never turning the game off when putting my 3DS to charge! xD
    My team's currently Oshawott with partner Axew. And like Stratelier, Their fav moves are Water Pulse & Dual Chop. Though I have to say, Blizzard is also quickly becoming my all time fav on Oshawott. It REALLY helps clear a room when facing multiple bosses (and in the future, monster houses). I'm thinking I'm prolly gunna stop "preparing" for the Great Glacier expedition once I hit level 30 or so.

In the mean time, I've amassed quite a few TMs from that Sunken Treasure minigame (which is my favorite!) like Fly and EARTHQUAKE! :0 Though I made the mistake in teaching it to Dunsparce cuz I forgot it hurts my own teammates, and poor lil Dunny doesn't really have the Atk stat to back it up to be useful anyway. So I had him drop it.

As for my paradise, I've developed all the plots of land available, and now I just need to bother filling it with shops. iirc, I've gotten it all the way to Diamond rank without too much trouble. It's amazing how easy it is to rank up when you're trying to avoid furthering the plot line xD But now, I'm at the point where the shops I really like need items I can't yet get to get them to Tier 3, so ya, I'm gunna have to move the story along here soon cuz I'm running out of things to distract me, and not to mention, MONEY XD

I have better luck finding TMs in Magnagate dungeons. Even if you fail, there's a 50% chance you won't lose it and it'll be placed in the Deposit Box. Never go shopping for TMs again! (I got Dragon Claw and Dragon Tail that way.)

And I absolutely love how totally broken Earthquake is in PMD, you can pretty much one-shot whole Monster Houses with it. Of course, this goes both ways... I remember failing that one 99-floor ruins in the first PMD because an enemy Golem had Magnitude. Even with Charizard and Sceptile (both resistant to Ground - yes Charizard should be immune but PMD doesn't work that way) they just took one too many hits.

I remember trying one of the Companion missions ... an outlaw Mienshao, three star ranking? Okay, Emolga, you're Lv.25 or so, how bad can it be? *fails epically*

Later ... okay, Lv.40 Excadrill, let's try that again. Earthquake! Earthquake! Earthquake!

Yup, totally broken.

It's kind of silly how easy the outlaw challenge requests are compared to the legendary battles when the rewards for the latter don't seem to be any better.

You're practically required to bring a stockpile of Reviver Seeds and/or All-Protect Orbs to win unless you've boosted your stats to a ridiculous degree or have friends to help you.

It's really difficult to have a consistent difficulty curve when there's not only the player's level/species but vitamins and move levels affecting how strong they are in-battle. Plus, PMD just doesn't seem to calculate damage the same way the main series does, complicating matters still.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    I have better luck finding TMs in Magnagate dungeons. Even if you fail, there's a 50% chance you won't lose it and it'll be placed in the Deposit Box. Never go shopping for TMs again! (I got Dragon Claw and Dragon Tail that way.)

And I absolutely love how totally broken Earthquake is in PMD, you can pretty much one-shot whole Monster Houses with it. Of course, this goes both ways... I remember failing that one 99-floor ruins in the first PMD because an enemy Golem had Magnitude. Even with Charizard and Sceptile (both resistant to Ground - yes Charizard should be immune but PMD doesn't work that way) they just took one too many hits.
    Ah ya, same here. I found Dragon Tail in a magnagate dungeon and seem to find them more often there. And lately during my plot-furthering avoidance, I've managed to get myself quite a few team skills from chests :D (they seem to come from red chests more often than not, idk if this holds true for others though).

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post

Sure, the player leaving the Pokemon world after defeating the final boss is a bit melancholy but I wouldn't rate it as a tear-jerker. (I still haven't completed the postgame story so no spoilers, please.)

Explorers though . . . yeah, that one's ending was a real tear-jerker. IMHO I'd rank it right up there with games like Shadow of the Colossus where ... no, I just can't spoil it for you ... it's that powerful.

Blog Entries

ACK I just had a shopkeeper vanish on me ; A ; and now I have to tear down the shop. I had ranked it up to Tier 3 too! ; AAAAA;
    Ok granted I never used it cuz it never had any items worth buying (It was the Elite Boutique if you're wondering) cuz they were ALWAYS overpriced >__<

But god man, does anyone know how to stop them from just vanishing on you? Is it really tied with how often you partake in their services? cuz if so then i'm due to lose a lot more places
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 21st April 2013 at 10:36 PM.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast