FAQ: PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth/Gates to Infinity Discussion Thread - Page 15

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth/Gates to Infinity Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

Yeah, I'm not getting this game. There's no excuse for having only 144 Pokemon to recruit.

It's being released just before my birthday, too. What a shame.
    Owain likes this.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Whenever someone says they're not getting the game because of the number of Pokemon, I can't help but wonder how many of the Pokemon they actually bothered using in the previous games, or if they even bothered trying to recruit all of them.

I pretty much only used my starter, their partner, and two of my favorites for the majority of the dungeons, only choosing to use other Pokemon for the sake of the level 1 dungeons. I also never concerned myself with recruiting all of the Pokemon due to the lack of any reward and how insanely tedious it could be.

There's still enough Pokemon I like to create a team of four, and completing the construction of the Pokemon Paradise sounds like it'll keep me occupied better then trying to get all of the Pokemon did (Especially compared to Explorers, since you didn't even get friend areas to look at all of your hard work with).

In my Explorer's of Sky game, I recruited every Pokemon. D: 492 is a lot of Pokemon, but I liked recruited at least one of each. 144, that's not even the Kanto Pokedex, or Johto even. Stupidly small amount when there's 649 Pokemon. The story had better REAALLLYYYY make up for it, since I'll be buying the game regardless.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Whenever someone says they're not getting the game because of the number of Pokemon, I can't help but wonder how many of the Pokemon they actually bothered using in the previous games, or if they even bothered trying to recruit all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    With 144 Pokemon out of 649 total, that's only 22% of Pokemon being represented in this Mystery Dungeon game. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team featured 386 Pokemon, which is 100% of the Gen III Pokedex. And in the Explorers of Time/Darkness games, there were 491 out of 493 Pokemon featured, which is about 99%. Shaymin and Arceus were added in Explorers of Sky, making it 100%.
    There you go.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Call me crazy, but I've recruited in my Sky all Pokémon expect Omastar and Kecleon. I just love that "gotta catch 'em all" thing.

Anyway, this game seems to be awesome. But I'm still not sure will I buy 3DS just for it...

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

OK, since I don't know where else to post it, I'll just say it here. The story was too short! It was a great story indeed, but the pace was just too fast! Now all there is to do is simply build onto Paradise. The NPCs say the same thing all the time now, even my partner! I wish it was as long as PMD: Explorers of Time, Darkness and Sky, so it could have two story arcs.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    OK, since I don't know where else to post it, I'll just say it here. The story was too short! It was a great story indeed, but the pace was just too fast! Now all there is to do is simply build onto Paradise. The NPCs say the same thing all the time now, even my partner! I wish it was as long as PMD: Explorers of Time, Darkness and Sky, so it could have two story arcs.
    Since you're not asking or answering a question, that'd be best kept to blogs next time, or better yet the PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth/Gates to Infinity Discussion Thread. In fact I'll move these posts there now.

Alright, bumping so that current players of the recently released Gate to Infinity players can talk of their latest shenanigans :)
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 27th March 2013 at 01:57 PM.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Blog Entries

Default Re: PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth/Gates to Infinity Discussion Thread

So I tried going through Stompstump Peak...Yeah, that's a terrible idea if you chose Oshawott. The Petilil there are freaking vicious and keep slamming you with Leech Seed and Absorb. It doesn't bother Pikachu but it's been killing me! >.< Oh well, the hazards of picking Oshawott, I guess.

And is it just me or did they start the heart tugging early in this one? I have never liked Gurdurr at all but with everything that happened I was wiping tears from my eyes. Especially when:

Gah, this game is so going to break me, I just know it!

And I dread going to Glacier Palace. I already know who I have to fight and it is utterly killing me. Why him? Why?!
    yourlilemogirl likes this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Default Re: PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth/Gates to Infinity Discussion Thread

I just finished the main game today and the story and ending honestly surpassed my expectations.

I think it's my new favorite out of the PMD games.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not finished the main game yet, but I do like the story so far. My only complaint as of now is that it's so much more tedious than the past games, mainly because you can only do one mission at a time. Not to mention you have to go through Azumarill to do it.
    yourlilemogirl likes this.

Blog Entries

Some special wonder mail codes for those of you not in the know :)

2C3YJ43F
    P326J5WX
    JTN34N92
    KQM4W3H2
    MFN89K9X
    XN83N4W6
    5PMHM339

I won't say what they are because surprises are fun and also idr what they all are ^^;;, but needless to say, they're some nifty things indeed :3

I just finished the game... a bit disappointed with the story length though. I hoped it'd be longer, though Explorers of Sky is definitely hard to top.

by the way did anyone tried to answer No > Yes at the very last questions? I'm curious of what will happen lol (I answered No but couldn't bring myself to answer Yes after that...)

Blog Entries

quick little question, for those of you who play PMD:GTI, do you know of a way to stop the music that comes with the DLC from playing on the main title screen? i'm so freaking sick of the 32-bit chip-tune music that plays from the GBA PMD games > A <

Yes...
    Thanks a lot Nintendo!
    This comes out in the UK (where I live) as soon as test week is over.
    FUUUUUUUUUUUU~

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Yeah... I was looking over my options, and considering games are freaking expensive here in Brazil (U$75,00 at the very least), the plot, which I found lackluster, the low quantity of Pokémon to recruit... Yeah, I'm skipping this one, sadly.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast