FAQ: PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth/Gates to Infinity Discussion Thread - Page 14
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth/Gates to Infinity Discussion Thread

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    My suspicions for the low number may have something to do with the 3DS' cartidge limits. Sprites take only less space, but 3D models only take more than it can chew.
    No way.

The downloadable PokeDex 3D can fit all the Pokemon in it, and even with all the graphics required for the dungeons (which simply use algorithms to recycle textures and such) and the Town, the game only is about 1GB according to the download for it on the 3DS. I doubt it's seriously pushing the system's limits.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

For the record, Pokédex 3D's filesize is roughly 400MB, and obviously the models don't take up all the data. The currently known maximum size of a 3DS cartridge is 8GB, although no 3DS game has used more than 4GB so far. One could argue that Chunsoft didn't want to use a 2GB cartridge, but that's a very poor excuse.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I'd pretty much say the inclusion of a low amount of Pokemon was purposeful more or less, not due to space limits.

I'd understand if they made it a Gen V-only game to mimic Black and White, but even then they didn't include all the Unova Pokemon. I'll probably buy it since some of the new gameplay elements look fun (and it's not liked I usually used more than my Starters in previous MDs anyway) once it's marked down, but yeah, disappointed. And what about the story? I haven't hard anything about it.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

It really is a shame about the low number, but what they have seems fun enough, I'll buy it anyway.

Yeah, I wanna know about the story, the best part of the dungeon games IMO.

I'm curious about the story, too. D: I play games for story and character, so I can forgive the stupidly low amount of Pokemon if the story is as good as the mains story and Special Episodes of Explorers of Sky.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

I'm playing through sky right now while waiting for this to get translated. For those of you who have the games is it as good as sky or better? Even with the low number of pokemon is the variety good and not too repetitive? How hard is it compared to the previous ones?

I'm really hoping there's DLC for more Pokemon later on. I was kind of sad that I couldn't recreate my EoS team in this. (Riolu and Vulpix.)

I'm really interested in what the story is like. I'm kind of suprised that they let you pick your Pokemon instead of giving you a personality test though. While I like being able to get the Pokemon I want with out referring to a gide, I also liked seeing what Pokemon I apperently relate to...
    My FC: 3265-5103-3870

Safari type: Water with Gyarados, Bibarel, and Poliwhirl catachable.

Looking for FS that have either Riolu, Audino, or Vulpix in them. Please PM if you have one.

The story sounds better then the original PMD, at very least.

From what bits and pieces I know of it, I can see some parallels between it and Explorer's story, both in regards to the roles certain characters play, and the events that occur.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 6th December 2012 at 09:03 PM.

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would wager they just decided not to add all the Pokemon as potential team members, considering there's Pokemon in the game that can be fought but can't be recruited. Black and White kyurem for instance.

If they had full recruitability intended for the game, they wouldn't have wanted to miss out on that.
    Last edited by 33Whimsicott33; 6th December 2012 at 04:46 AM.
    Oh?

Default Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f280/pok%C3%A9mon-mystery-dungeon-gates-infinity-announced-u-s-143926/

This is the place to discuss the newest edition to the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon franchise!

Default Re: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

An awful lot of people seem to be almost completely turned off the game because of the fact that you can only recruit 144 different Pokemon in this, but getting all of the Pokemon has never been the main reason why I played the PMD games, so it doesn't bug me. As long as it has SOME of my favorites, I'm satisfied, and one of said favorites being one of the main characters only increases my interest in the game further.

The shift to 3D also only did good for the already superb storytelling.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 20th December 2012 at 06:52 PM.

Blog Entries

I thought Zorua should have been one of the starters.......but Oshawatt will do

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll be getting this game. It looks like the franchise has started to properly exploit their giant repository of perfect Pokemon models known as Pokedex 3D.
    Oh?

Add Chiss on Facebook

Mystery Dungeon games have always been boring. I hope this one will be better, but there's little chance of me buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    An awful lot of people seem to be almost completely turned off the game because of the fact that you can only recruit 144 different Pokemon.
    Only 144? I won't lie, that does somewhat make me upset. My favorite part of the Mystery Dungeon games was having access to all the Pokémon,

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast