Plans on a special edition for D&P? (like Yellow, Crystal and Emerald?)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plans on a special edition for D&P? (like Yellow, Crystal and Emerald?)

Default Plans on a special edition for D&P? (like Yellow, Crystal and Emerald?)

I've tried searching for plans or anything, but it seems that no-one has mentioned this yet.

Maybe they haven't begun planning it yet. I wonder how many months/years is the average gap for them to release a special edition?

We didn't get word on Emerald till two summers after the release of RS.

It's coming, obviously.

That creepy feeling... Typhlosion In Repose's Avatar

My guess would be after the probable G/S/C remake.
    And as I sit and talk to you,
    I see your face grow white.
    The shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light.
    The specter on my back will soon be free.
    The dead have come to claim a debt from thee.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion In Repose View Post
    My guess would be after the probable G/S/C remake.
    If they DON'T do a remake, I'll weep bitterly.

They probably will, though. Pokémon is the second-largest video game franchise in the world after Mario, and any new RPG release (or re-release) is guaranteed to generate loads of dough.

Considering that there's already a painfully obvious canditate for the third box art legend(Giratina. Just compare its moveset, stats, and overall appearence to Dialga and Palkia and TRY to worm your way out of say its a counterpart to those two) and there's no way in hell Nintendo or Game Freak would stop the proven money-making strategy of having a third game in each gen(especially after THREE GENS of that), I'd say it's pretty damn obvious that one's coming, so the only question is when.

I'm guessing it'll be about two years from now like it was with Emerald, possibly sooner if GF goes batshit insane and passes up the millions they'd make with GSC remakes.

--- Last.fm---

tun

I wonder what they'll call it. Platinum maybe?

Aaah I couldn't wait two years! Why so looong? Is it really true they'll remake Gold and Silver? I heard about it but I thought it was just people saying it would be nice.

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Diamond and Pearl were only released this year. Just play them.

There's been no official word on a GS remake but there is evidence to suggest it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by FabuVinny View Post
    Diamond and Pearl were only released this year. Just play them.

There's been no official word on a GS remake but there is evidence to suggest it will happen.
    QFT.
    If Pokemon games were being released every month, it would get tiring and boring. I think a two-years space is pretty good.

As for the third, special edition, it is pretty much a 99% that Giratina will be the mascot Pokemon since:

• Giratina is itself controller of another Dimension

• Base stats of Giratina, Dialga and Palkia are generally alike (2 x 120, 2 x 100, 1 x 90, 1 x 150)

• All of them have exactly the same moves, except Metal Claw, Water Pulse and Ominous Wind for Dialga, Palkia and Giratina respectively plus

• Giratina has its own exclusive move just like Roar of Time and Spacial Rend, Shadow Force

• All of them has Dragon, as Type 2

As for naming, everything is to be expected, as Giratina has nothing to do with a stones like Diamond or Pearl. However, considering that PokemonOpal.com and PokemonTopaz.com redirects to Nintendo's Official Site, there are high chances of one of those two names to be used.

I have something to add to that list.

Every single legendary Pokémon that is banned from the Battle Tower is either A.) an event Pokémon or B.) an official version mascot Pokémon, except for one: Giratina.

So, unless we're all wrong and the mass of evidence is just an astounding coincidence, I agree that Giratina is almost certainly going to be the third version's mascot.

Question is, what jewel or precious stone would fit her physical appearance and color scheme? Every Pokémon game (after Generation I) has had a name and color that matches its mascot.

EDIT: Opal is too close to Pearl in color, and Giratina's spines are yellow... the name doesn't exactly slide off the tongue, but I'm thinking maybe Pokémon Topaz.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hubologist View Post
    Every single legendary Pokémon that is banned from the Battle Tower is either A.) an event Pokémon or B.) an official version mascot Pokémon, except for one: Giratina.
    According to popular belief, it was Suicune that greeted the boxart of Crystal version, rather than Mewtwo. The former is playable in the Battle Tower; the latter is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubologist View Post
    Opal is too close to Pearl in color, and Giratina's spines are yellow... the name doesn't exactly slide off the tongue, but I'm thinking maybe Pokémon Topaz.
    Well, Opal is often Black too, and the most of Giratina's body is black, so I'm saying Opal. :P
    Besides... It would be awful for Ms. Berlitz to be called... Topaz... :P

But who knows? Blue Diamonds are extremely hard to find, while most of Pearls are White (although they actually come in every color). Sapphires come to every colour except Red (Blue is common though). I guess only Ruby and Emerald are exactly in the right colours (Red and Green). :P

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    According to popular belief, it was Suicune that greeted the boxart of Crystal version, rather than Mewtwo. The former is playable in the Battle Tower; the latter is not.
    This is true, but Suicune appears to have been the only exception to the "rule" so far.

Although Generation I doesn't have any legendary version mascots per se, Mewtwo is probably the next-best thing, which is why I refer to him as a mascot. In Generation II, Crystal Version did have Suicune on the box art, but this is the equivalent of putting Zapdos on the box art of Yellow Version (which didn't happen, but would be the same basic principle).

In Generation III, Rayquaza is the Emerald Version mascot. He's stronger than a trio member like Zapdos or Regice (or Suicune), and he stands on his own (he's not part of a pair or trio, unless you count Groudon and Kyogre).

So, despite the fact that this pattern of mascots isn't totally consistent, I still think that Giratina being banned from the Battle Tower, along with the fact that every other Pokémon banned from the tower is A.) an event Pokémon, B.) a mascot Pokémon, or C.) Mewtwo, is very telling.

That creepy feeling... Typhlosion In Repose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ash_Pokemaster View Post
    Well, Opal is often Black too, and the most of Giratina's body is black, so I'm saying Opal. :P
    Besides... It would be awful for Ms. Berlitz to be called... Topaz... :P

But who knows? Blue Diamonds are extremely hard to find, while most of Pearls are White (although they actually come in every color). Sapphires come to every colour except Red (Blue is common though). I guess only Ruby and Emerald are exactly in the right colours (Red and Green). :P
    Rubies ARE red sapphires. (Trust me, my grandpa is a jeweler)
    And as I sit and talk to you,
    I see your face grow white.
    The shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light.
    The specter on my back will soon be free.
    The dead have come to claim a debt from thee.

Just so that you know. Yellow is not to be compared with Crystal and Emerald. The special version of Green and Red was the Blue version, as Crystal for S/G and Emerald for R/S. Yellow version (or Pikacuu Special Edition) you even had a special starter pokemon. What I know there has never been a game like yellow.
    There will probably be a Giratina as the box art of the special edition of D/P, even if I wish it would be a Darkurai.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast