Opinions please: Should I buy Emerald?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions please: Should I buy Emerald?

Default Opinions please: Should I buy Emerald?

I was tuned out of Pokemon during Generation 3, I never played Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald. I just kinda fell out Pokemon at this time although I did play Fire Red later on. I was thinking of buying Emerald to finally play this generation but I'm not sure.

They have already remade, Gen 1 and 2 and I feel that eventually they will remake Gen 3 also but who knows for sure. I don't want to have to buy Emerald only to find out later that they are indeed going to remake it anyway. So what do you think? Should I buy it or just hold out for the possible upgraded remake?

The Japanese Popstars! Caterham's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Opinions please: Should I buy Emerald?

You can get them cheap on some sites,so I personally would,but my sister and I are thinking of rebuying the hoenn games .

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

It's a great classic and was the first to introduce the Battle Frontier, so I would recommend it. Don't worry about the remakes because you would have probably finished it by the time the new remakes (if any) come out.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Emerald is a great game. While nowadays it might be hard to sink much time in playing Gen III, it really is the game to go if you want to play that.

A good battle frontier and great polished mechanics. Really, it's only downside in comparision to the current ones that prevent you from playing it as much anymore is that it has no online play.

[/overexposition]

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I would definitely suggest it. I plan on getting it myself when I get money. It incorporates both RS in it plus the battle frontier. Hoenn games are also the first to introduce contests. The game play isn't bad either and there is a lot of interesting things about it that others don't have.
    If remakes are being made they won't be out for a few more years since B2W2 was just released.
    Quote Originally Posted by the Ruby Circle
    "He's an animal," growled Dimitri. "He has no business being here."
    "Well, I suppose it–" I stopped and reconsidered Dimitri's words. "Do you know him or something?"
    Dimitri eyed me. "Yes. Do you?"
    "Yeah," I said. "He's my uncle. Rand Ivashkov."
    "Oh?" Dimitri's hardened expression didn't change. "He's my father."
    The Heart Connects The Suits♥Truth and Ideals☯ Starline☄

The Ninja Trickster
    Blog Entries

Yes, for sure. It's better than ruby and sapphire and a great game overall.

I would personally recommend it as I loved the Generation III games. They're probably the last games of the series to have the same general feel as the Game Boy/Game Boy Color games. That's just me. Even if the games are remade sometime in the relatively near future, I don't think that should really be a problem since the remake will probably be a different overall experience, since Generation III lacked a lot of the features that II and IV through V made popular. I'm sure if they do remake them, they'll try to incorporate some of those features.

Pretty decent game but just don't go spending a lot on it, you should only get it if you can get it cheap.

If you plan on buying it secondhand, be cautious about it. There's a lot of bootleg third generation games out there, but there's also ways to single them out.
    And if you plan on buying it online, avoid sellers located in China.
    Last edited by glow; 24th June 2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: url removed to avoid confusion

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by glow View Post
    If you plan on buying it secondhand, be cautious about it. There's a lot of bootleg third generation games out there, but there's also ways to single them out.
    Honestly, by this logic, all of my gen 3 games are fake and this can't be so, as my copies of FireRed were bought brand new.

Anyway, I would wait for RSE remakes. I don't think Emerald is all that great, to be honest, and I hope they improve it a lot in the remakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Honestly, by this logic, all of my gen 3 games are fake and this can't be so, as my copies of FireRed were bought brand new.

Anyway, I would wait for RSE remakes. I don't think Emerald is all that great, to be honest, and I hope they improve it a lot in the remakes.
    ....my post is referring to buying them second hand. Not brand new.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

The post in the link isn't. And my copies look exactly like the alleged fakes in it aside from the pale white circles inside the cartridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    The post in the link isn't. And my copies look exactly like the alleged fakes in it aside from the pale white circles inside the cartridges.
    Here's a better one.

You would wait for remakes, when were they confirmed besides never? Just get Emerald because you're going to be waiting for a while otherwise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast