Older Games Simple Questions Thread - Page 73
Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273
Results 1,081 to 1,089 of 1089

Thread: Older Games Simple Questions Thread

never finished Gen. 2 ZeekSlider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Restoring Pokemon G/S/C Games - Will it restore the clock?

So I recently bought the Mega Memory Card by InterACT that is designed for the GBC. It is perfectly designed to back up Pokemon Games from Gen. 1 and Gen. 2. I've tested this with Blue, and it restored everything. ID numbers, nicknames for Pokemon, even the event flags like how I caught MewTwo.

I have to replace the internal batteries in my Pokemon Crystal game before I start playing that game again, but I intend to use this device to back up the game should the battery die again. However, since you can't reset the clock in Crystal, I have one concern.

Does anyone know if restoring your saved games in Gold/Silver/Crystal also restore the clock? And if so, will it be the time at which the back up was made (meaning I would have to restart the game clock if it was Gold or Silver)?

If restoring saved games restores the state the clock was at during the back-up, then I guess I'll have to deal with Crystal being in a different "Time Zone" when I restore it. If it doesn't save the state of the clock, will it cause a conflict with the game or will the game just ask me to reset the clock after restoring the game?

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Restoring Pokemon G/S/C Games - Will it restore the clock?

It might restore it to the exact same time, or might advance the clock since you last saved, I don't know. I haven't tried it, as I don't own a mega memory card.

If you have a older gameshark, you can back the save up to your PC though.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Older Games Simple Questions Thread

I believe it should restore the clock to whatever the in-game time was when the data was backed up, and then it'll continue on from that point. So whatever that time was, if you want it to match up with the real world, just wait 'til that's the real time to perform the restore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
    I believe it should restore the clock to whatever the in-game time was when the data was backed up, and then it'll continue on from that point. So whatever that time was, if you want it to match up with the real world, just wait 'til that's the real time to perform the restore.
    I'm not concerned about the hour and minute so much as the day. I'm used to playing these games "in different time zones." I had Crystal synced with the real clock, and I had Gold set for 12 hours later so I could catch night Pokemon during the day. :D

I may have to do the reverse then once I start those games back up...

Post Thanks / Like

How does one catch a Mawile in Granite Cave? blasted thing keeps escaping the poke'ball even when I have its Hp down to 2-1 and status effected with either sleep or paralyze.

Twiztid Trainer twiztid lucario's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I currently own:
    Leaf green
    Platinum
    White
    Soul silver.

What other games do I need to have ALL Gens? Ive read I just need emerald, but I want to clarify
    Friend code SS: 4598 2983 4541 (DAVE)
    Friend code Platinum 3997 0808 7213
    Friend Code White:2322 5522 9237

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by twiztid lucario View Post
    I currently own:
    Leaf green
    Platinum
    White
    Soul silver.

What other games do I need to have ALL Gens? Ive read I just need emerald, but I want to clarify
    To have the basics of each generation represented then yes, all you'd really need is Emerald (or Ruby or Sapphire, but personally I'd recommend Emerald).

To really have all generations, though, you'd need one game each from Generations I and II as well. It's true that you have them "in spirit" through LeafGreen and SoulSilver, but it's not quite the same as having the original games.

Twiztid Trainer twiztid lucario's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
    To have the basics of each generation represented then yes, all you'd really need is Emerald (or Ruby or Sapphire, but personally I'd recommend Emerald).

To really have all generations, though, you'd need one game each from Generations I and II as well. It's true that you have them "in spirit" through LeafGreen and SoulSilver, but it's not quite the same as having the original games.
    Thanks for the info. Ive only been playing for about 2 years, and I just wanted all 5. Im not too fond of playing the same storylines twice, so as long as I have all the Gens, Im cool. I also have the exclusives for fire red and Pokemon black.

I do have another question though, What is the point for the letters in the pokecenters?
    Friend code SS: 4598 2983 4541 (DAVE)
    Friend code Platinum 3997 0808 7213
    Friend Code White:2322 5522 9237

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by twiztid lucario View Post
    I do have another question though, What is the point for the letters in the pokecenters?
    I don't know about Letters, but if they are anything like the Mail in Gen. 2, then it is just there to send messages to your friends when you trade Pokemon. You know, say it's your friend's birthday, and you decide to be nice and trade them a Pokemon as a birthday gift. You enter the message, have said Pokemon hold it, and then trade.

Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273