Newly Discovered Gen 1 Glitch?

Thread: Newly Discovered Gen 1 Glitch?

Visit cynderfyre's Youtube Channel

Default Newly Discovered Gen 1 Glitch?

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the forums! Please forgive me if this post is in the wrong place, but I don't believe it is. Anyway, I created an account and wanted to post this because I couldn't find any information on the bulbapedia website. What happened was I wanted to see if I could get through the game beating as few gyms as possible, and so used the save abuse glitch on Pokemon Blue (video here). Anyway, I went through throwing away each number of items, and discovered I could get to Indigo Plateau by throwing away 177 of them. I could then throw away three to teleport from Indigo Plateau to the Celadon Department Store. So I went through the game from Celadon to Vermilion to Cerulean to Vermilion again. What I wanted to do was get Cut to defeat Lt. Surge so I could fly outside of battle. I then went and got fly from the girl in Celadon, but before I did that, in the grass on the other side of the building I caught myself a Spearow. I then got fly, taught it to Spearow, and attempted to fly to Indigo Plateau. However, when I got to the screen where you choose where to fly, it was all glitched (and I believe it's because I don't have the Town Map - I'm going to see if that is indeed the issue, and tell you if it is). I pressed "A" having no idea what happened, and then I got into a battle with []14S[], who sent out the glitch pokemon 'M. I couldn't do anything except use an item, and for some reason my pokemon were poisoned, so I used antidote and healed it and then it did the fly transition to where I was. However, I then couldn't use a, b, or start, like in the mew glitch (I still need to explore that and see what happens if I get into a trainer battle after). I know this was a long post, but I'm pretty excited if this is indeed an unknown glitch, and I wanted to properly explain what happened so it can be recreated.

EDIT: I was right. The reason I couldn't fly was because I didn't have the town map. Now that I do I can get to Indigo Plateau and beat the Elite Four with only two badges!
    Last edited by cynderfyre; 22nd April 2013 at 03:47 PM.

Default Re: Newly Discovered Gen 1 Glitch?

My hybrid Pokemon caused by Q made it have max level of 107. Why? EXP POINTS?
    Coming soon... Vinesauce corrupts Pokemon! Join Vinny as he catches Pokemon like he'd never seen before!

This way leads to Argolis, but with the power you havepartxnbbcqalwxww
    un2MG0040114A10000 00010
    0_6j00 0 SWXUPLLXVHDMD B
    RYHYN

Default Re: Newly Discovered Gen 1 Glitch?

"Pokemon league champions are honored for their exploits here" Makes me giggle everytime someone performs this glitch.