New Starter Thread!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Starter Thread!

Default New Starter Thread!

Now that the starters are being considered to be Dark/Psychic/Fighting (I'm sure they were "considering", just how they were "considering" giving Roselia a evo....)

so, what are your thoughts?

Personally, I want

Dark-A shadow creature that progressively get's bigger as it evolves. Becomes part Dragon on third form.
    Fighting- I came up with a weird theory, what if Lucario is like Blaziken. A final form who was unknown to be related to a starter till much later.
    Psychic- I dunno. I can't think of anything, cept a Rabbit wearing a possesed hat. XD

Personally, I'll pick fighting when the game comes out, Psychic and Dark are overrated.

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dark could use another powerful move - (the stongest is Crunch at 80) - so this is promising for the type.

I'll probably go with Fighting or Psychic, though. (Though I may still choose dark if it stands out when I see the starters.) I'm currently veering towards Psychic but it's too early to make a decision.

Pie
    Blog Entries

I just hope at least one is lizard-y. That's been my standard for the past three generations - Charmander, Totodile, Treecko. If there's a lizard, I'll take it. ^^

Would be nice if it's the fighting one, too - I've never really raised a Fighting type seriously - but that's unlikely. I'd be happy with any of the three types, since I'm pretty open about types anyway.
    By reading this, you have given me temporary control of your mind.

I'm going with Psychic, as long as its animal-like and not humanoid. The only psychics I like are the ones that don't look like little people (Grumpig, Espeon, Girafarig). I find the demihumans like Jynx, Mr. Mime, and Kirlia a little disturbing. If I don't like the Psychic, I might go with Fighting since I've had Primeape and Hariyama before.

Definately not Dark. I hate Dark-types. The concept behind them is so muddy, and all of them look like stereotypical goths in Pokemon form.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by Habunake
    Fighting- I came up with a weird theory, what if Lucario is like Blaziken. A final form who was unknown to be related to a starter till much later.
    If Rukario is like Blaziken then.... I will choose a fighting-type starter. Our wedding will be beautiful^^
    My signature is boring

Blog Entries

Psychic is the only type I have used before to any extent. It will be more of a choice of what tickles my fancy more once the starters are known. Since I like full evos, that will also be a factor, but that is never revealed until the release. That is, unless they pull another fast one on us.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Well, we got Blaziken way way way earlier then Torchic.

Blog Entries

That is exactly what I meant. Some people think Lucario will get that fate as the full evo of the Fighting starter. I cannot be certain right now, though. A lot of focus has been put on Lucario in the screenshots, though. It has to have some great amount of importance, no matter what it is.
    Step into the Fairy circle

I say it could happen, or Lucario could be the evolved form of something. I mean, if Slowking can talk in a movie and be a perfectly obtainable evolution, why can't Lucario?

Hmm, if Lucario is a final form, I wonder what his previous forms are like? *goes to MSPaint*

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I'll probably go with Psychic just because I normally have one of those on my team, not so much the other two. It will be interesting to see what type combos there are just because these three types haven't really had too many great type combos

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If the theory of the second type being Grass/Fire/Water turns out to be true, then my record of picking Water Pokémon will probably factor into the decision.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habunake
    I say it could happen, or Lucario could be the evolved form of something. I mean, if Slowking can talk in a movie and be a perfectly obtainable evolution, why can't Lucario?

Hmm, if Lucario is a final form, I wonder what his previous forms are like? *goes to MSPaint*
    Since Diaruga and Parukia were revealed I've been thinking more and more about Lucario not being a legendary. Something like this without the headband and gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by FabuVinny
    If the theory of the second type being Grass/Fire/Water turns out to be true, then my record of picking Water Pokémon will probably factor into the decision.
    Yeah, but we already have

Breloom
    Blaziken
    Poliwrath

Shiftry
    Houndoom
    Sharpedo

Exeggcutor
    No Fire/Psychic
    Slowking

------------------------------

Maybe Lucario is he middle form of the starter, he's awfully small for a final.

I doubt Lucario is the Starter, what with him being Stee/Fighting and all. It would mean that the Psychic starter would be screwed over early on. With it now becoming a Psychic/Steel/Dark set.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

I don't think that Lucario is a starter, even though, if he was, IT WOULD BE AWESOME. :OOOO
    Hmm. But the problem is, Lucario is male.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast