New 'friends' feature.

Thread: New 'friends' feature.

Default New 'friends' feature.

I remember when I received Pokemon Yellow for the first time. It was my first game, and as a seven year old, I was an avid Pokemon Anime fan. So, when I noticed the rather obvious similarities between Yellow and the anime, I was surprised when I discovered Brock and Misty did not join your party. I recently popped Yellow into my old GBC and remembered those fun memories. Then, I thought of something. What if using Wifi, players could create 'Teams' of people? You could converse through voice chat and seperate whenever you wished. It would be a simple process of adding a new booth to the Pokecenter's second floor. Opinion?
    0301 6761 2529

Lost and Confused... MangaBottle's Avatar

The closet thing to that at the moment I think is the "Groups" feature that can be activated in Jubilife, though I don't even know how that works...
    And I don't think it'd be 'simple'. One would imagine all the programming Gamefreak would have to do to pull it off. Not to mention trying to arrange a suitible time for everyone to be online.
    Although that's not to say it can't be done...

Sounds fine and all, but what would that add to the games?

I suppose you could have Contests over Wi-fi and have two people against two other people in a Wi-fi double battle, but you could easily add those without this "team" thing. In Pokemon, your POKEMON are your party members, so you really can't do much with a human party unless it involves being able to share each other's Pokemon or something.

--- Last.fm---

Blog Entries

I've desired the same type of thing since I played Yellow. But, Juptoru brings up a good point, your pokemon are you party. The best we could see with that feature is being able to send a friend data into your game, so that they can be your double battle parter.