Need a little help...

Thread: Need a little help...

Question Need a little help...

I have a few questions, hope you guys dont mind. I am not new to the pokemon games, there is just a few things I would like cleared up. First of all, do shiny pokemon breed other shiny pokemon, or do they breed normal pokemon. I have heard both ways, that it will and that it wont. Or is there even an increased chance of it being shiny if one of the parents is, or is that false? Secondly, which do I have a better chance of catching... a shiny, or pokerus? How do I know that I have been infected with pokerus once I have it? Thirdly, can someone explain EV training to me, or direct me to somewhere that I might find out how to EV train. Fourthly, is it better to EV train a pokemon straight from the egg, or at any level? I believe that is all I can think of, if anything else hits me... I suppose I will just ask.

EDIT: I have Leaf Green and Sapphire, so I suppose i need information on these games
    Last edited by W. Grimm; 3rd October 2007 at 03:21 PM.

Blog Entries

In every game post-GSC, breeding shinies has the same chance of getting you more shinies as breeding non-shinies (in GSC it raises the odds, but it's never been a sure thing).

I believe shinies are more common than Pokerus, but someone else can verify that for me. As for how you'll know you've contracted it? One of two ways: When you go to heal your Pokemon, you'll be informed of it by the nurse behind the counter, OR if you check the status screen, you'll see a purple/pink square where you usually see a status (burn, sleep, etc.) that says "PKRS".

And...I've never been 100% sure on the EV stuff, so I'll leave that to someone else.

Pumpkin

Check out this EV Points Guide and this Training Hotspot Guide.

They will really help you out!

thanks for clearing some of that up for me

Quote Originally Posted by VampBoi View Post
    Check out this EV Points Guide and this Training Hotspot Guide.

They will really help you out!
    i just noticed this was for d/p, is it the same as FR/LG and R/S