Need Help! My Yellow's file is saved yet won't play!

Thread: Need Help! My Yellow's file is saved yet won't play!

Default Need Help! My Yellow's file is saved yet won't play!

Hi! Right before D/P came out a few years back, I played my Yellow version to finish what I could in the way of pokedex and all that jazz. Unfortunately, the game capooted on me a while after that. Unlike my Gold cartridge which loses the save because of the bad battery, my yellow still has it's save file. The thing is that it just doesn't show up when I turn on the gameboy. When I put the game in and turn it on, the gameboy itself turns on, but the game just sits at a blank, no music, no visuals, no nothing! But today I plugged it into pokemon stadium to see what would happen. My save file was all there: my pokemon and my name and all that. Unfortunately, it wouldn't load the game in the GB arena in the stadium either....If anyone could throw me some information as to what's up, I'd be very very grateful! Also, sorry if this is in the wrong thread....I have a bad habit of doing that...

Thanks again!

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

Default Re: Need Help! My Yellow's file is saved yet won't play!

Well, my guess is it the hardware in the actual cartridge is failing- which wouldn't be surprising now-a-days considering how old Pokémon Yellow is.

I'm not sure exactly what's wrong, or how to fix it, but if you actually value what's on the cartridge I'd recommend transferring the Pokémon over to Stadium then looking for a copy of Yellow online or something. There may be no real way to fix the problem, or you might have to pay to get the hardware repaired.

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Try cleaning the cartridge. I've seen many errors fixed from cleaning/blowing the cartridge. The rom chips could be failing as well, as rom chips don't last forever.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Blog Entries

Look at the cartridge before cleaning it, I bought an used copy of Silver yesterday, and it did the same thing. The first pin connector (the little gold looking things at the bottom of the cartridge) was completely corroded away and that pin connector is the +5v connector. This is used to boot the game up in the gameboy. If that is corroded away, sadly your game would be broken. If not, just clean it like someone else mentioned. (If it's corroded, it'll look greenish.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfreak View Post
    Look at the cartridge before cleaning it, I bought an used copy of Silver yesterday, and it did the same thing. The first pin connector (the little gold looking things at the bottom of the cartridge) was completely corroded away and that pin connector is the +5v connector. This is used to boot the game up in the gameboy. If that is corroded away, sadly your game would be broken. If not, just clean it like someone else mentioned. (If it's corroded, it'll look greenish.)
    can you not try to restore these connectors somehow??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suffen View Post
    can you not try to restore these connectors somehow??
    I'm pretty sure you can't, if Nintendo still supported repairs for older games, then I'm sure they would have known what to do... but if that's the case i'm sorry that the game is beyond repair... :( I wish I could help you, but I wouldn't know what to do.

Chuck Norris Impersonator Jabberjaw's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hate it when games CRAP out on you... I remember the first time I put in my Gold version and saw no SAVE file... Uggg... Feraligatr... whatever became of you my dear loving friend?

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If the pin is corroded away, you might try to solder a trace back in, but that requires soldering skills.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Thank you guys for all your answers, you were so helpful!