Need help with Hoenn Elite Four

Thread: Need help with Hoenn Elite Four

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

Default Need help with Hoenn Elite Four

I have never had such a hard time defeating an Elite Four. I've spent several hours during the past several weeks trying to level up and fine-tune my team, including several roster changes.

After about three hours of training last night, I tried again, and finally managed to defeat Drake, but I fell very easily to Wallace. One of my major problems seemed to be running out of PP for key moves, but I don't have any ethers or elixirs (can they be bought? they aren't in the Lilycove store).

Here is my current team. Any suggestions would be nice. No drastic changes, please. I'd like to stick with these Pokémon because I'm tired of fighting Golbats and Hariyamas in Victory Road.

These are the best hold items I have. If better ones can be easily obtained, please let me know.

Blaziken@Charcoal
    Lv. 52, Lonely
    HP: 159
    Attack: 177
    Defense: 88
    Sp. Attack: 136
    Sp. Defense: 81
    Speed: 112
    Double Kick, Slash, Bulk Up, Overheat

Tropius@Quick Claw
    Lv. 52, Bold
    HP: 200
    Attack: 89
    Defense: 125
    Sp. Attack: 88
    Sp. Defense: 103
    Speed: 77
    Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Body Slam, Synthesis

Glalie@King's Rock
    Lv. 52, Gentle
    HP: 181
    Attack: 101
    Defense: 89
    Sp. Attack: 102
    Sp. Defense: 112
    Speed: 119
    Ice Beam, Explosion, Hail, Crunch

Wobbuffet@Amulet Coin
    Lv. 50, Naive
    HP: 290
    Attack: 39
    Defense: 85
    Sp. Attack: 43
    Sp. Defense: 84
    Speed: 53
    Mirror Coat, Safeguard, Encore, Counter

Skarmory@Lax Incense
    Lv. 52, Docile
    HP: 155
    Attack: 113
    Defense: 166
    Sp. Attack: 54
    Sp. Defense: 93
    Speed: 96
    Steel Wing, Toxic, Spikes, Aerial Ace

Gyarados@Focus Band
    Lv. 52, Careful
    HP: 189
    Attack: 166
    Defense: 97
    Sp. Attack: 62
    Sp. Defense: 132
    Speed: 114
    Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Surf, Dragon Dance

Religion is a club Every Breaking Wave's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

You'll hate me for suggesting this, but I'd recommend switching at least Gyarados for another water Pokemon with higher special attack. What Pokemon are working well earlier on? If any are doing badly, I'd suggest switching them for a Manectric or Magneton which have the advantage over Wallace, especially with STAB.

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

I beat the E4 tonight after leveling everyone up to 54.

Ironically, Gyarados is who saved my butt with Dragon Dance and Earthquake, which OHKOed a lot of Wallace's team.

cuddler of cuddlers Selendomono's Avatar
    I currently live under a rock in the pacific ocean. I have wasted the last 40 uyears of my life looking for the colony of Dewgong that i know the goverment is hiding

Wink

I feel for you i had a realy hard time beating walace I would suggest teaching your wobbufet Thunderbolt (im not sure if it can learn it but most psychics can) and if that doesnt work go to the move tutor and get a good grass move with a lot of PP because solarbeam simply wont work with wallace his milotic knows ice beam and will take out tropius on the turn it has to charge up if you cant do that find a weakness that each of the pokemon has. Like Ludicolo will fall prey to flying and tentacruel will be dominated by psychic. But if you cant get a good thunder move of a good non-solarbeam grass move the best advice i can give you is keep your head held high and throw all you got at him I thought it was a realy hard fight and it took me a lot of training and a chin held high to conquor this water warrior.

cuddler of cuddlers Selendomono's Avatar
    I currently live under a rock in the pacific ocean. I have wasted the last 40 uyears of my life looking for the colony of Dewgong that i know the goverment is hiding

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Argy View Post
    I beat the E4 tonight after leveling everyone up to 54.

Ironically, Gyarados is who saved my butt with Dragon Dance and Earthquake, which OHKOed a lot of Wallace's team.
    Oops this is embarassing i just posted a whole list of advice with a pep talk and everything and you already crushed the elite 4 so ignore my previous post hehe

ok have u missed trainers on the road?
    I suggest u train them all to 57-64 since the healings are expensive and if u try to win with type u have to think of level and endurance. you can't just think of types.

E4 is a bunch of noobs... u can handle it if u get the pokemon with different types to hit 1 K0 on atleast the first E4's -.-

(I know you already beat them; but, here's some info that might help others)

Hmm. I just beat the E4 with my lvl 52 Swampert and 5 lvl ~38ish pokemon that I really just used as meat shields. I suggest going through as much of the map as you can while constantly using the "Item Finder" - you'll get plenty of Ethers, etc that way. I used 4 Ethers to restore PP on Earthquake, etc. Also make sure you have at least 30 Hyper Potions before you start the E4 battle.

BTW: stock up on Max Repels so you can explore faster (keep your highest lvl Pokemon in the first slot when u do this).

It's also good to fight trainers while having your main Pokemon hold "Amulet Coin" if you need extra cash to buy healing items, etc.

Maybe have a Pokemon that has moves that reduce accuracy, paralyze, or poison so you can chip away at your enemies while restoring with Ether/Hyper Potion.

You can always cheap out and use a legendary (Groudon, etc) too.