Is Mystery Dungeon 2 any good?

Thread: Is Mystery Dungeon 2 any good?

Blog Entries

Default Is Mystery Dungeon 2 any good?

I'm thinking about preordering but don't want to get screwed buying a crappy game. But I like the first MD.

So, worth blowing $35 on?
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

The story and characters are at least as good as the previous one, and there's more story too - there is about as much storyline before the credits as there is after. And, the post-credits storyline is not maddeningly difficult to play.
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.

From what I know about the story, I like it because it actually has a clear-cut villain instead of all this "it's all just a misunderstanding" crap that permeates the rest of the franchise . . .
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

the ultimate fire primate flaming infernape's Avatar
    Spear Pillar, taking over the Torn world and making Sinnoh colder by the minute

My main problem with the 1st PMD was the size of the item box. I mean, only 20 items total, WTF?! Thank god that seems to have been cleared up with this(/these) games.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    From what I know about the story, I like it because it actually has a clear-cut villain instead of all this "it's all just a misunderstanding" crap that permeates the rest of the franchise . . .
    There also appears to be several criminal pokemon from what I'v seen, so at least then there are more than one antagonist (even if they would be semi-antagonists)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Meh...I like it when that happens...I found Gengar's reveal both funny and touching at the same time...and I was able to forgive Silver that way...

Anyhoo, the plot does seem rather deep in this one. I read a full sympnoses somewhere that said that the player's partner as a human accually DIES. (In-game)

Hmm? Die may be too strong a word. Completely ceasing to exist in the past, present or future may be more appropriate.

Isn't that, like, worse then dying? 0.o

EDIT: Also, MD seemed to fix a few annoyances, since I believe you can evolve now before beating the game, and you don't have to protect new members through a dungeon.

Well, uh, you can't evolve until you graduate from the guild, which is a post-credits event... if I recall correctly. In any case I'm sure at least the credits must be reached first. But the storyline continues after that, so... ah, and part of the reason is because the main characters are told they can't evolve due to some disturbances, so they end up investigating those...

Yes, once you recruit a Pokemon, they remain in your guild even if knocked out during their recruit mission. You don't have to clear a dungeon with a Level 1 Pokemon to keep them.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

the ultimate fire primate flaming infernape's Avatar
    Spear Pillar, taking over the Torn world and making Sinnoh colder by the minute

Just wondering, is there a sort of trade option in these games? Because I really want to get Time but my sister wants that version, so I'm getting darkness and I reeeeeeally want to recruit Riolu.

Edit:
    Also, I really hope they fix the problem of those lousy low PP's for almost every move.
    Last edited by flaming infernape; 25th March 2008 at 01:50 PM.

Blog Entries

Oooh. So it's trickier and better.

DEFINITELY preordering. (it's going to be a birthday present, anyway, since it comes out my birthday, but I didn't want to waste my birthday present on something bad.)
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!