My Pokemon Ranch

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Pokemon Ranch

Default My Pokemon Ranch

It was just released on the U.S. Virtual Console today. I downloaded it and it's not bad. I completely forgot that when you put a Pokemon in the ranch it takes it out of the DS cartridge as oppose to copying it. But you can always put it back provided you haven't started a new file. I see it as an alternative to Pokemon Box R/S since you can store countless amounts of Pokemon to the game. Plus a lot of them look really funny in chibi form.

I imagine some of you have downloaded this as well. What do you think of it?

Blog Entries

I'm just wondering, what happens if you store a Pokemon and play a new game? Does that Pokemon stay trapped at the ranch forever?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "L" View Post
    I'm just wondering, what happens if you store a Pokemon and play a new game? Does that Pokemon stay trapped at the ranch forever?
    Yep. And you're explicitly warned on both your DS and Wii when you transfer that that will be their fate if you dare to restart your DS game. Sucks that you can't use it to transfer between carts, or save the Pokemon and start a new game, but...eh.

Overall...I like it. For what it is, it's nice. It doesn't pretend to be anything more than a re-imagined storage game. And watching the Pokemon interact is fun for...a little while. For a $10 game, it's a good buy.

Blog Entries

It's pretty cute. Any more than 1000 points, and it wouldn't be worth it, though.

Would have liked more interactivity, like the ability to control my Mii and directly interact with the Pokémon (giving them food, petting them, commanding them to use attacks, etc.). Also, does anyone know if it's possible to view a Pokémon's status page while they're in the Ranch? That's kind of a basic thing and it's pretty lame if you can't.

I have seen a few fun things while watching it. Namely Hayley riding around on my Stantler and all twenty Pokémon forming a giant totem pole. There was also a funny bit where my Hoothoot was interested in Hayley's Turtwig and Turtwig fled in fear. XD Just wish watching wasn't the only thing I could do.
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by GrnMarvl13 View Post
    Yep. And you're explicitly warned on both your DS and Wii when you transfer that that will be their fate if you dare to restart your DS game. Sucks that you can't use it to transfer between carts, or save the Pokemon and start a new game, but...eh.
    What? Really? That makes zero sense. Box could do it, there's no reason this shouldn't be able to.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

Apparently Weavile told Piplup to ride on its head. I also got the totem pole. For some reason the Attention thing where they all look at the camera kind of freaks me out.

What? Really? That makes zero sense. Box could do it, there's no reason this shouldn't be able to.
    They want to force you to buy two copies of the same game rather than being able to restart. Greedy bastards.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

I just got Hayley's Pikachu. She asked for the Abomasnow I just brought. The whole BBS thing to get you to complete your Pokedex is great. :O

Eh, I just wish I could transfer all my Pokemon at once.

Banner by anime_aficionada.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

too bad your pokemon are locked if you start over in DP.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Blog Entries

thats a bad flaw, but I'm not planning on starting a new game on my pearl, so thats good.

I find this game very amusing. It kinda gives you the feel of what your pokemon do when your not around. I especially like the photo option. I took a picture of a Bulbasaur riding a Torterra and it looks kinda cute.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

To join in the fun, I claim Kokoromori :) 11-23-10

I Kiss A Girl n I Like IT Amazed4587's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GrnMarvl13 View Post
    Really, omg I thought your allowed to trade over to other cartidges, sigh there goes my plan freely trading through cartridges. I hope they could fix this problem.

I'd like to ask: I've seen this screenshot going around 4chan, but it's this pic with Croagunk staring directly at the "camera". Does anyone happen to have it or a pic of a Ranch'd Croagunk doing pretty much the same thing?
    Name: Alison
    Code: 3565 8412 4029
    Yesss yesss, let's feed my addiction.

I got Ranch today. Its so cute...I really like it. What sucks though is that during the first day you can only store 20 pokemon. But I solved that by skipping a day on the wii. Now I can hold 300 lol. But I only have around 150. 100 more and I get Phione ^^

I didn't know this... So, the Ranch practically files which Pokemon came from which cart, or can you only transfer from one carthage only? Meh... I wish it was more like Box... It was really comfortable to have SUCH space, and transfering the Pokemon from one version to another was so easy! Now collecting every single monster there is in the Ranch will have no point, considering that each one will only be able to go back to the cart it came from... :(

I'm still buying it though. For 1000 Wii Points it's more than great. At least it has some nice visuals and I can put the 9999 eggs I have due to breeding. Nice! Looking forward to European release.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast