Well... I got it, and I'm not sure if this is good or not. It's certainly worthwhile as it is LOADED with beta information and screenshots (most of which I haven't seen before on the web) from Snap, Stadium and G/S... but... it also kind of, like, doesn't have any entirely new Pokemon games mentioned from what I can tell...
Alright, the interesting things I've uncovered without a knowledge of Japanese from every page-
- Mewtwo's mouth was going to be DEMONIC, judging from this early poster shot. Freaky.
- Pokemon Snap was ENTIRELY different. Apparently Ash was to be the protaganist if a scribble beside the screenshots is any indication. There was supposed to be a forest level chock full of Pikachu and a Meowth, as well as what looks to be a field area inhabited entirely by Squirtle.
- Beta Stadium information. Not a lot changed from then to the final result, but there are a few cool shots of the battle entirely zoomed out while Charizard battles Blastoise, with no text overlays. Instead of the usual "Pokemon makes a motion, special effect happens across the screen" there is a funnel of fire coming straight from Charizard's mouth to Blastoise in the same shot! Pretty cool.
- Beta Hey You Pikachu information: It looks like it originally was to come with a headset rather than a little clip-on mic, as there is a silly little anime drawing of Ash wearing one as well as a real photo of the prototype. Looks uncomfortable as hell though, with an earpiece on only one side and a thing to hold it in place on the other, not a bad change. Interesting promo art of Pikachu shocking, nothing groundbreaking. A beta microphone icon is like an old fashioned 50s radio mic, and Pikachu is standing beside one in a piece of promo art! Nintendo was having trouble making up their minds, it appears...
- ASDFGHWHAT!? Weird Gold and Silver stuff in here. Scribble of an Ampharos wearing the itemfinder and a Slowbro in a jetpack. Profiles on Red, Oak and Blue with pictures of their anime counterparts, apparently Red's involvement wasn't a huge secret then. More scribbles, one of Ash trading with a kid with their GameBoys linked together in some sort of device that looks like a pair of goggles stuck to a brain and a picture of adoring Pokemon crowding around a walking living Pokedex. I don't think I can take these scribbles seriously. Four screenshots, some of them look like the pre-delay screnshots, some have more colors and are closer to the final product. Lapras is blue when Surfing on it. Some beta art for trainers, a Schoolboy, Kimono Girl, Fisherman and Juggler. No much has changed but in the back is a Lass who looks suspiciously exactly like the art on the other magazine in question...
- MouseMan advertises a car, horrifying Pikachu cosplay and fairly hot Team Rocket cosplay. Lots of pointless photos. A couple of peel-out TCG cards that were already peeled. Lots of ads for merchandise. A "flying Pikachu" on balloons that IS a balloon. A set of inflatable battlers, with a goofy picture of Ash and Gary trying to slam them into each other at some weird amusement park ride.
- Gyrados model that shoots water. I want it so bad. Apparently it's part of a few new figure lines that you get by winning at several Pokemon arcade machines, also pictures. Very cool machines, but they appear to be redemption-only with no real "goal" or gameplay.
- Pikachu and Raichu batteries, AA. I want them also.
- Odd drawing of everyone from the anime dress uber Japanese, Ash looks girly.
- "Cyclone- electronic code system" announced. Some sort of Pokemon battletop game. It's the same thing as in the "Pokemon Battle Top Arena" released by Hasbro here about 10 years ago but with a machine that made the barcodes MEAN something.
- Pocket Monsters manga is amazing as always. They eat at KFC where Colonel Sanders makes an appearance on the box which pisses off a bunch of Cubone who take over the playground!? I wish I spoke Japanese.
- Section on the Cyclone system with comical pictures of the Pokemon playing with it. Jynx is pale white and is nothing but an outline with eyes, a mouth and breasts.
- Some sort of Mew announcement. Looks like a giveaway of it on RBY.
- On a page in the middle of random info, "Pokemon 64" as well as "64 Pokemon" are mentioned. Not sure what the rest of it says.
- Purchase info for Pokemon Special. Hilariously, the Clefairy from Pocket Monsters is screaming and crying on the opposite page while staring at it.
- In what appears to be the information for what is happening this issue, we have another out of place Stadium photo, same arena as before but now Blastoise firing water in real time at Charizard. Picture at Spaceworld of a booth with "Pocket Monsters" uh... something written on them. Looks to be GS I would imagine.
- The pages covering GS, Stadium, Snap and Hey You Pikachu are all ripped and frayed on the edges, and something in the Gold section suggests there is something perforated to remove. Hopefully it wasn't anything importantl, it looks to be bookmarks from the context.
- Only one hint at a "Pokemon 64 RPG"- it says "64 DD!?" and then goes into a bunch of text. I don't see "Pocket Monsters" in English or Japanese mentioned inside OR "RPG" so it's probably nothing.
That's about it. I'll work on scanning the stuff to see if I can get any further information but it doesn't look like much of this "Pokemon 64" stuff has been uncovered. SpaceWorld is covered in great depth with betas of lots of other games covered and there's no reason why a huge RPG like this was supposed to be would be left out. I'm starting to wonder if it's a hoax, but because I want it to be real I'll keep up hope until I can get this stuff translated better- it could be mentioned somewhere, but I doubt it as all four of the n64 Pokemon games covered appear to be mentioned as a "Pokemon 64" interchangeably. The article about GS is pretty cool though, and might aid in the work on the betas of those games, which is what this topic is about anyway.