Most Difficult Gym Leader in each generation? - Page 5

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Most Difficult Gym Leader in each generation?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Most Difficult Gym Leader in each generation?

I haven't played gold or silver in a while, but i do remember Whitney's Miltank

Um, actually, yesterday, I went against Juan, and I could not get passed his Kingdra; it kept on doing rest and ice beam, but I beat him.

I would say Fantina was hard because of mismagius and I didn't ahve a ghost or dark or bug type move

First generation was probably Sabrina.

Queens, NYC, New York, USA, N. America, Earth.

Gen I~ It'd have to be Sabrina, but not in FRLG. In the original, Sabrina always kicked my ass, and she kept using recover, which was annoying. But in FRLG, it was Lt. Surge, as I had a Wartortle, Pidgeotto, and a Butterfree back then.

Gen II~ Definitely Whitney, without a Machoke or Graveler, Miltank is a killing machine.

Gen III~ Tate & Liza. I used a Blaziken, which was my strongest, but Solrock and Lunatone owned it quickly. And the only time I used a Swampert, the game decides to make the 2 gang up on it. Thank God for Muddy Water and Surf.

Gen IV~ Volkner, mostly because most of the teams I make are more vulnerable to Electric attacks than any other types. In Platinum, I somehow managed to win with Staraptor, and Crobat.

Click my eggz 'n' Pokemenz please.

Uninteresting User playthestatic's Avatar

Generation I: Brock and Misty were pretty tough, especially as I liked to start with Charmander.

Generation II: Going to go with Whitney as well. There was something immensely terrifying about being faced with a superpowered Rollout after a few turns, down to your last Pokemon and knowing that nothing you do will stop that Rollout from killing you, except if it missed, which of course it never does when you need it to. XD

Generation III: Norman, for me. I remember having problems with Tate and Liza as well.

Generation IV: I can't think of anyone who gave me serious difficulties. Okay, I'll say Crasher Wake. Brine can be annoying, and that Gyarados, especially as I never carried an Electric-type around.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

The one that sticks out in my mind the most is Norman from Ruby/Sapphire. It was disappointing when they made him way too easy in Emerald XD

Blog Entries
    Add *Leeney* on Facebook

1. Koga- I got nothing super effective gor his type and his pokemon have good defenses

2. I don't know never played a Gen 2 game.

3. Tate and Liza- Eathquake is just too much for me team's crappy defenses. Plus they have good combinations to screw me.

4. Volkner- His pokemon are too fast and always get the first hit.

~Dressed for success

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Didn't really have problems with them but
    Gen I: Misty and Sabrina
    Gen II: Whitney
    Gen III: Tate & Liza (Hoenn), Mt.BtlMaster Somek (Orre, if he can be counted as an equivalent of Gym Leaders)
    Gen IV: Volkner, both at the Gym and at the Battleground

Old-school Poké-communist Aeneas's Avatar

Gen I: Sabrina in Yellow. I mean, After beating that Lv. 50 Kadabra, that Lv. 50 Alakazam was just too much... Its Psychic OHKOed my poor Pokemon...

Gen II: Definitely Whitney and Miltank. Second comes Clair. I wish all Gym Leaders were as challenging as those two.

Gen III: No one in particular. Although Wallace was always challenging.

Gen IV: No one. They were all too easy (which sucks), or maybe that's just because I was not so noobish anymore playing those games.

Registered User ChaoticMemories's Avatar

Gen I - (Yellow) Brock. I could never be bothered to catch another pokémon, and with Pikachu, his pokémon were bitches to beat.

Gen II - Whitney and her Miltank can just go to hell. :)

Gen III - It was Wallace, I could never get past that stupid Milotic! ;@ (Probably because I only bothered to train my starter poké, and a couple of others that were sill under levelled).

Gen IV, Fantina, and her stupid Driftblim, I hate that thing still. She's ugly, annoying and a friggin pain in the ass with the confuse ray.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Everyone hates Miltank.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    Everyone hates Miltank.
    But everybody loves Whitney.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I hate Norman. Really,really, hate him.

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

Gen I: I didn't really have any problems with gen I, save for Brock in Yellow (because I was like ten when I played it and didn't understand why Thundershock didn't hit Onix like Ash's Pikachu did).
    Gen II: Whitney and her effin' Miltank. And in Gold, I had a very tough time with Claire's damned Kingdra. When I finally got that thing to like five HP, she'd use a freaking Hyper Potion or Full Restore or whatever and I would sob.
    Gen III: Norman. Stupid Vigoroth and Slaking and your high attack and my Pokemon's weak defense. I HATE YOU DAD.
    Gen IV: I had no problems with any of 'em, really.

Gen 1: Brock. A surprisingly fierce battle to open the game, with his team at level 12 and 14, respectively. The only real easy way out was if you chose Squirtle (Bubble at level 8, damn him); otherwise you had to grind to level 13 with Bulbasaur just to get Vine Whip. And if you chose Charmander like I did, then forget about it. You were better off evolving a Butterfree and using Confusion, unless you wanted to grind to at least 15. Incidentally, I've used both approaches. :P

Gen 2: Kind of a tough choice, considering they nerfed all the gym leaders. (Come on, level 20 at the third gym? Compared to Misty's godly level 21 Starmie?) I'd probably agree with everyone who said Whitney. Without fail, when I got to Miltank it was always lock down offense with Attract + spam Rollout. God, that was annoying.

I haven't played Gen 3 enough to decide (I completed it once and then put it down), and I've played barely any of Gen 4. So I'll get back to you later on those.
    Soundspeed on Fanfiction.net: Discover the ramblings of my mind.

gen 1: misty, but only because i only leveled up squrtile.

gen 2: didn't play much, only vs first 2 gyms, so the second

gen 3: norman. damn slakings

gen 4: didn't have much trouble, but the grass one was the hardest, because i used turtwig, giving me a type disagvantage

Old-school Poké-communist Aeneas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soundspeed View Post
    Gen 2: Kind of a tough choice, considering they nerfed all the gym leaders. (Come on, level 20 at the third gym? Compared to Misty's godly level 21 Starmie?)
    What do you mean? The Gym Leaders of the 2nd generation were the toughest of all. Their levels being lower than other games is normal, as Kanto also had to follow. And besides, your own Pokemon grow equally slow on those games.

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast