Most Difficult Gym Leader in each generation? - Page 27

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Most Difficult Gym Leader in each generation?

Follow Pika25 On Twitter
    Visit Pika25's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Most Difficult Gym Leader in each generation?

For me: gen 1 (Misty, her Starmie is really quick and hits like a truck, outspeeds and OHKO's Pikachu); gen 2 (Whitney, DAT BLASTED MILTANK!, honorable mention to Clair); gen 3 (Norman, as well as Tate and Liza, especially in emerald); gen 4 (Candice, stupid hail team with Abomasnow, not to mention Volkner); and gen 5 (Marlon, at least for Tepig, as well as Clay and his BLASTED EXCADRILL!)
    Pikachu is my favorite Pokémon.
    Go Pikachu!

Fighting, Ground, Dragon = Yuck

i Train Dark, Ghost, Psychic, Poison.. I never use my starter -_-

But i have a Beast Team now :D

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

Gen I: Sabrina easily gets my vote for this. At one point, I had a Mew in my party because I figured out the Mew trick, and it ended up being Alakazam vs. Mew. My batteries died in the middle of it. -_-

Gen II: It's a tie between Whitney and Clair. Fuck Miltank AND Kingdra. -__-

Gen III: Norman and Tate and Liza. I had a slightly easier time with Norman, though.

Gen IV: I guess either Fantina or Maylene. I didn't really have a problem with any of these ones except slight difficulty with Fantina's Mismagius.
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

Follow Charazemma On Twitter Add Charazemma on Facebook

I: Sabrina. Dayum.
    II. Whitney and that damn Miltank. To this day i hate roll out.
    III: The electric guy. Damn whats his name? I could google, but you know who I mean. He took a few trys.
    IV: I dont remember any giving much of a problem. But the E4 (well, Cynthia) was HORRIFIC. That more than made up for it.
    V: Again, I dont think anyone forced me to soft reset. The E4 (On black 2) was too easy. It took one attempt and only a few hyper potions. I was disappointing :(
    I'm a girl.

I call a Squirrel legendary in X and Y, just sayin'.

Blog Entries

gen 1) Sabrina and her alakazam.
    gen 2) Morty, my team had a psychic, normal and fighting type.
    gen 3) Wattson, its not so much that i had trouble wih the gym but it took me forever to find rock smash and finally leave mauville.
    gen 4) its hard to remeber i have never reset my pearl so my memory of 2007 is a little fuzzy. i vaguely remember having trouble with gardenia
    gen 5) Burgh, in both BW and BW2 he is the only gym leader i didn't beat on my first try

Yep, Sabrina is a pain in the ass. But in Yellow, it sure is Brock. In Gen 2 obviously Whitney's Miltank. There's also Clair's Kingdra (I always have trouble with Kingdras). In Gen 3, Dad is tough. I always have trouble when facing him, even more tha when battling against T&L. In gen 4, there´s no difficul gym. Maybe fantina in DP, and, at least for the first time I played the game, Wake put me in trouble. As for Gen 5, I have to say Lenora. Maybe Cheren if you are a little impatient about leveling up and unlucky when lookin for a Riolu (first encounter in my W2 run, lucky me, nice counters against Patrat.)
    3DS-FC: 0490-4967-8538
    My Safari: Psychic, with Abra, Espurr & Gothorita
    ING: Pablo.

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

Oh, dammit, I forgot gen 5: Either Lenora or Drayden.
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

Blog Entries

Gen 1: Don't Remember
    Gen 2: Clair because I didn't have good pokemon to counter Dragon type
    Gen 3: Tate and Liza
    Gen 4: Fantina because I challanged the gyms out of order
    Gen 5: Iris for the same reason with Clair

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Kanto: Sabrina, if you challenge the Gyms out of order, she and her Alakazam are total dushbags.
    Johto: Clair. Kingdra says it all.
    Hoenn: Tate and Liza, their Lunatone and Solrock duo is really strong with Psychic, easpecally if you chose Blaziken as your starter.
    Sinnoh: Candice, her Abomasnow was seriously gave my Empoleon trouble with Wood Hammer and Focus Blast.
    Unova: Roxie, her Whirlipede is ruthless with it's Venoshock move. Plus it was a total dush to take down.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Automatic For The Ponies Romanesque-Marionette's Avatar

Gen I - Like EmpressAnna said before, it's been so long I don't really remember.

Gen II - Whitney was brutal the first time around, but hasn't been so bad on following playthroughs (perhaps because I know what to expect this time). I'll have to give this to Clair then, especially since the game gives you no real counter to Kingdra at that point.

Gen III - Norman, nuff said. Was going to say Wallace due to Milotic, but that one's not so bad if you take into account its high Special Defence and just go with a Fighting-type.

Gen IV - Roark, if only because of Cranidos.

Gen V - Elesa, but mainly because of the lack of decent Rock or Ice type moves at that point to deal with Emolga.
    GIANT HOGWEED LIVES!

Gen 1: Misty
    Gen 2: Whitney, for reasons already stated (evil Miltank...)
    Gen 3: Norman
    Gen 4: No one
    Gen 5: Elesa

Yes, I am a duck.

Generation I - Sabrina or Misty
    Generation II - Falkner or Whitney
    Generation III - Norman

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

Gen I - Sabrina. Unfortunately, in Gen I, Psychic-types were broken, and what didn't help was that Ghost-types couldn't beat Psychic-types, meaning that, unless you had a bug-type, or you were OP, it was hard to beat Sabrina. Fixed in FRLG.
    Gen II - Clair. Her Kingdra is only weak against Dragon-types, meaning that, unless you had a Dratini, no SE hits. Still goes in HGSS.
    Gen III - Norman in RS, Tate and Liza in Emerald. Norman has two Slakings in RS, but not in Emerald, but Tate and Liza are very hard in Emerald, thanks to Xatu and Claydol.
    Gen IV - Crasher Wake. Unless you have a grass or electric type, it was hard to beat him.
    Gen V (I) - Lenora. Recurring theme, blame that damn Watchog.
    Gen V (BW2) - Drayden. He wasn't that hard, but still very hard.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Blog Entries

I didn't actually play the Gen 1 or Gen 2 games, only the remakes of those games. I'll mention them anyway though.

FRLG: Misty's Starmie was a pain to take down because I picked Charmander as my starter and my only pokemon at the time were Charmeleon and Butterfree, so I had to catch a Paras and teach it Bullet Seed to stand a chance against her.
    HGSS: Witney and her infamous Miltank, mostly because I had a team of mostly males that kept getting infatuated with the damn thing. The only female Pokemon I had was a Budew and the only attacking move it knew was Absorb. I did beat her my first try, but it took a while. Clair and her damn Kindgra gets a mention as well.

Gen 3: I remember struggling with Norman when I first played through, and I remember Tate and Liza being tough without a water type.

Gen 4: Fantina and her Mismagius. That is all.

Gen 5: Lenora in BW1. Also Iris in BW1 and Drayden in BW2. In BW1 I didn't really have anything good against Dragon types, but in BW2 I made sure I had an Ice type on my team. I easily took out Drayden's first two pokemon, but then I got to Haxorous...

Look Forward, Team Rocket!

Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

pokemon yellow sabrina is a devil since it requires alot of patience to reach lv 50 at that point in the game and i was only 5 so i had no patience and would rage and nearly destroy my gameboy color by losing over and over my god what were they thinking dont they have anything idea who strong a lv 50 alakazam is one psybeam can sweep an entire team at that point in time

pokemon red misty was always a pain because that starmie spammed bubblebeam and recover and my poor charmeleon and pikachu kept dieing

pokemon g/s/c whitney nuff said

pokemon emerald winona is definately the hardest gym leader

pokemon platinum none of them were hard at all i pwned them

pokemon white elesa and that damn volt switch and iris becomes a nightmare if she gets a dragon dance through

pokemon white 2 they were all pushovers from the added pokemon roster seriously they gave us lucaio

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast