Most Difficult Gym Leader in each generation? - Page 12

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Most Difficult Gym Leader in each generation?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Most Difficult Gym Leader in each generation?

Whitney, with her Miltank... 'nuff said.

Clair was kinda hard too I think... but since it's been forever when Crystal was my first game, it might not be as hard on HG/SS now that I've gotten every other version since (excpet Diamond and Pearl).
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWalker View Post
    Yellow: Brock. No electric, trained it A LOT. It learned Slam. Rock owns Normal
    Huh, I always used Butterfree.

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty Cactus View Post
    Huh, I always used Butterfree.
    And I thought I was the only one who did that... Had that buterfree till about the sixth gym.
    CLICK HERE TO GO TO POKERANGER'S AND BRIGHTJULES' SUPER SPRITE SHOP!!!!

Behold! The ultimate of all starters!!!! Tyzariken!!!!
    (Thank you Kingdra for making it)

Quote Originally Posted by magpiejay12 View Post
    Nothing makes sense in fandoms.

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

I've posted here efore, but I'll post again.

Gen. I: Sabrina and her Alakazam. Those Psychics can be devastating with that massive Special stat.

Gen. II: Whitney. That Miltank is a tough obstacle to overcome, though I did once own it with a Slowpoke. Curse FTW!

Gen. III: Tate and Liza. In Emerald, those Pokemon are just really irksome! They're tough to tear down!

Gen. IV: Uh... Fantina and her evasion noobs. This was an easy generation of Gym leaders, though.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

I - I had Yellow Version so Brock was a pain until my friend traded me her Gengar - but he's a piece of cake if you start with Bulbasaur or Squirtle. Overall I'd say Koga (damn that Venomoth to hell) or Sabrina, followed by Giovanni.

II - Whitney. No debate. If we're counting the Kanto gyms as well, Blue followed by Janine.

III - I had a really difficult time with Flannery despite having a ton of good Water Pokemon. And, of course, Norman. Somehow, I managed to beat each of the leaders after Norman with one go, though.

IV - Haven't played yet, so I wouldn't know.
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 3rd June 2010 at 06:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Whitney. That's the only one. I was a dumbass and decided not to train for her.

But, every other gym leader I've always trained up enough for... I usually do. (=

Thank you to MorruMaster14 for the sprite and Poké-Gal for the banner. I <3 them. <3 Click HERE for my Shiny Giveaway Event.

Byron in Platinum. My two strongest fighters (Scyther and Staraptor) just couldn't even stand up to Magneton, and even when they did Steelix's Ice fang just murdered them. After tries I had to find a Brick Break TM for Scyther, have Staraptor re-learn close combat and whilst I did so a tracked down a Gible, evolved it to Gabite and taught it Fire Blast Even then it was tough. Scyther got rid of Magneton but was paralyzed by Thunderbolt and Picked off by Steelix's Ice fang. Staraptor nearly killed Steelix but as frozen by said Ice fang (I had run out of full heals) and was killed by the next attack. Gabite outsped Steelix and finished it off with Fire Blast. Bastiodon and Gabite squared off to see who could survive the most Fire Blasts/Metal Bursts. I got lucky with a burn, and having already used his Full heal on his Magneton, I killed it.

Credit for the amazingly awesome banner goes to Blazaking EX!!!
    Credit for the equally awesome Avatar goes to 'Kingdra!!!
    My Fanfiction account, reveiws welcome

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spiny View Post
    Byron in Platinum. My two strongest fighters (Scyther and Staraptor) just couldn't even stand up to Magneton, and even when they did Steelix's Ice fang just murdered them. After tries I had to find a Brick Break TM for Scyther, have Staraptor re-learn close combat and whilst I did so a tracked down a Gible, evolved it to Gabite and taught it Fire Blast Even then it was tough. Scyther got rid of Magneton but was paralyzed by Thunderbolt and Picked off by Steelix's Ice fang. Staraptor nearly killed Steelix but as frozen by said Ice fang (I had run out of full heals) and was killed by the next attack. Gabite outsped Steelix and finished it off with Fire Blast. Bastiodon and Gabite squared off to see who could survive the most Fire Blasts/Metal Bursts. I got lucky with a burn, and having already used his Full heal on his Magneton, I killed it.
    Just want to say I enjoyed reading this. xD Congrats on your (well) deserved win. xD

Thank you to MorruMaster14 for the sprite and Poké-Gal for the banner. I <3 them. <3 Click HERE for my Shiny Giveaway Event.

Blog Entries

Visit Kavidun's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    3. Tate and Liza (and you probably all agree)
    I found them rather easy. Just stick with Flying Types like Swellow. It worked for me (Three Swellow LOL)

1. Hmm. Don't own the Games, but from HG/SS I'd say the GEN I HAD TO BE, Hmmm. Blake. Just Blake.
    2. Whitney, and her thing that sucks milk from it's own *censored*'s
    3. Norman. Just Norman. SLAKING EEK. Seriously. That thing is a Monster. I was just like, this'll be easy, but no, Fake Out HAD To miss, yes...
    4. Hmm. Changes. DP, Fantina. (Most Times Battled a Gym Leader: 15) In Platinum, Fantina, (Least Times Battled A Gym Leader: 1) was replaced by Volkner (Shudder, (Poor Mantine!) Shudder)
    I claimed Phoenix Wright 2001 ~ Pursuit Cornered.
    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    "Mario made Yoshi fall down a cliff to save himself! What an asshole!"
    Quote Originally Posted by $aturn¥oshi;bt213233
    I like to throw turnips at people and say "Take that, Shy Guy!"

I can only really comment on gen 2 since I played it the most. gen 1 I didnt specifically had any trouble..

anyway, gen 2 overall, its whitney, and after that definitly claire, with her freaking hyper potion on kingdra. Though, on my last playthrough I had trouble with neither because I got a scyther with counter for whitney, and with 1 counter it was almost dead and i only had to use quick attack :D. I think it was lvl... 15 or 16.

FUCKING NARWHALS BITCH Underscore's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I: Nothing >:D
    II: Whitney
    III: That flying type gym
    IV: None.

Yea, I'm awesome >:3
    ~~under construction~~

THIS SIG IS A PIECE OF HISTORY

Gen 1: I can't really remember, I think it may have been Sabrina. Pyschic types in that game are just so over-powered in general.

Gen 2: This goes to Blue, his pokemon are tough and they hit hard. You almost can't have any under-leveled team for this match, and it's even harder since he doesn't have a specific type-preference in pokemon as other Gym leaders do.

Gen 4: In HG/SS, it's kind of tied between Buggsy and Blue. Blue is for the same reason as above, and for Buggsy, ever since the move "U-Turn" was introduced his scyther proved to be the most annoying thing I've ever encountered, and due to its type doing neutral damage to rock types, my geodude wall was rendered useless.

Nothing
    Blog Entries

Generation I (Yellow)- Brock. Beat him using only Quick Attack and Tail Whip (Pikachu Solo run... urgh)

Generation II- Whitney, then Kindgra (Cyndaquil solo. Stopped doing solo runs after this)

Generation III- need to play... :(

Geneartion IV (HG/SS)- Falkner. Just when I thought it was safe to go back into the water and solo with Chikorita, this guy shows up...

I wear the nekomimi here. GlassMan's Avatar

Generation One: Giovanni in Yellow Version. I was 11 or so, and my Pokemon besides that Lv. 72 or something Pikachu were severely underleveled.

Generation Two: Never played.

Generation Three: Flannery, and that damn Attract move. Managing to beat my Swampert...

Generation Four: Ugh, Whitney in SoulSilver. Cute, and all, but the only one that actually beat me.

Because Eevee is freaking adorable. DO NOT DENY IT, YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE.
    My webcomic, "The Hiroto Show", has landed on Topwebcomics! So come on and vote!

misty!!!

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast