More Manaphy Information

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Manaphy Information

Passionately Burning RED shiroandfubuki's Avatar

Default More Manaphy Information

I felt this deserved its own topic, as the last topic on Manaphy on Pokemon.Com stopped at a speculation (before this date).

You know how a lot of us were dissapointed at how the Manaphy Mission was unavailable, whilst the other special missions were?

Well, be dissapointed no longer. Manaphy is here.

Here's screenshots from Pokemon.com. The information was just released today:

Wowee. This, coupled with the news about DP, makes a pretty nifty Holiday gift. ;)

Blog Entries

Aww, I guess now I do have a reason to buy Pokemon Ranger.

Just so I can get Manaphy......

To be honest, I wasn't that interested in buying Pokemon Ranger, because it just didn't appeal to me. It didn't seem like my kinda game.

Though, buying Ranger just to get the Manaphy egg seems like too much of a hastle for me. Seeing as how I'd probably have to beat the whole game and everything. That would take too long for me.

Well, since D/P are gonna have worldwide trading and everything, I wonder if I could just get a Manaphy in a trade from someone?

Or since Manaphy's so rare, do you think people wouldn't be willing to part with one, and it might be very hard to acquire by trading?

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Well this doesn't really tell us much, just that Manaphy exists. It doesn't tell us how they're being distributed yet, which will most likely be another annoying location thing where I'll end up not going to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerLisa View Post

Just get one over wi-fi

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    Well this doesn't really tell us much, just that Manaphy exists. It doesn't tell us how they're being distributed yet, which will most likely be another annoying location thing where I'll end up not going to get it.
    Actually, it states in the screencaps I posted that Pokemon.com will be posting the Ranger Net password for the Manaphy mission later this month. -_-()

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

I already sold my copy of PR back to EB. Son of a bitch...
    *this space for rent*

Quote Originally Posted by shiroandfubuki View Post
    Actually, it states in the screencaps I posted that Pokemon.com will be posting the Ranger Net password for the Manaphy mission later this month. -_-()
    that's dandy. I hadn't read that when I read that article on the site a few hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    that's dandy. I hadn't read that when I read that article on the site a few hours ago.
    It's awesome, too, as it was hard enough to get to a Toys-R-Us to go to the Mew Event, even with one pretty much right next to me...

Quote Originally Posted by shiroandfubuki View Post
    It's awesome, too, as it was hard enough to get to a Toys-R-Us to go to the Mew Event, even with one pretty much right next to me...
    For me it was just the matter of not wanting to go to a toys R us. I mean i was out with one of my friends that likes pokemon that day, we just didn't want to go cause it was a Toy'R'Us,haven't been to one of those like since I got my basketball hoop like when I was 7.

BackwardsMan, huh? NoodleChefKyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerLisa View Post

To be honest, I wasn't that interested in buying Pokemon Ranger, because it just didn't appeal to me. It didn't seem like my kinda game.

Though, buying Ranger just to get the Manaphy egg seems like too much of a hastle for me. Seeing as how I'd probably have to beat the whole game and everything. That would take too long for me.

Well, since D/P are gonna have worldwide trading and everything, I wonder if I could just get a Manaphy in a trade from someone?

Or since Manaphy's so rare, do you think people wouldn't be willing to part with one, and it might be very hard to acquire by trading?
    Or do it the easy way and ask me to trade. I mean, after I get Manaphy's Dex Entry of course.

Maddie Blaustein, 1960-2008
    You will be missed.

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have been rather intruiged by Ranger. Is it a good investment? It's just that I would feel a little guilty buying it just for Manaphy. Then again, that's what nintendo is intending: More sales of Ranger.

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

"Investment"? Next thing you know you'll be talking about fun ROI...

Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

It would cost you another Manaphy to get one off the GTS. At least on the Japanese GTS. There is one on there, and they want a level 100 Manaphy in exchange for their level 1 Manaphy.

Will this happen in the English Version? Probably. The point is, don't depend on the GTS, as it might lead to disappointment.

Man I hate all these people who think Manaphy is the only reason to buy Ranger. -___- You short-sighted fools don't even give the game a chance! It is a good game.

Granted, there probably are people who really don't like the game - but seeing so many always simply repeating this "Ranger is only worth because of Manaphy" really angers me. Stop always repeating this preconception. -_-

Blog Entries

I hope that anyone who is even considering buying Ranger just for the Manaphy egg, realizes that two DS systems are required for the transfer.

Another important note is that the Manaphy egg is not exclusive to Ranger in any shape or form. The event whereby the egg is obtained in Diamond and Pearl can also be triggered by Mystery Gift; the Ranger transfer was just "tacked on" to allow the existence of the movie promotion at a time when Diamond and Pearl had not yet been released. Manaphy will most likely be distributed at special events in Japan for the duration of the fourth generation, similarly to Jirachi of the third generation. In fact, the first of such promotions will take place as soon as next month, and needless to say, Ranger is not at all required.

Admittedly, the above only applies to Japan. We can already see that the American version of Ranger utilizes a password, as opposed to a wireless signal, and so there is not any distribution involved. This could turn out to be the exact same as the American Colosseum Bonus Disc or European/Australian Channel game - the sole method of obtaining Manaphy. Not only that, but as a result of this limitation, only Ruby and Sapphire players could obtain Jirachi outside Japan - such could easily be the case with Manaphy in regard to Generation IV games other than Diamond and Pearl.

The GTS is useless in cases of event Pokémon, and the Friend Code system will seldom bear fruit in this field. There needs to be a reliable, ongoing Mystery Gift service, which will account for all players with Wi-Fi access. If that were to happen, the Ranger W-Mission would become insignificant altogether.

Blog Entries

The better question is how long that password will be up before it goes down. And whether or not that password will still be useable after that.

The Sinnoh Battle Frontier is among them, and an old foe is back for revenge. With Rain's new companions, as well as some old friends by his side, can he win this challenge and stop Shinsei Muto before it's too late?
    Updated Tuesdays and Fridays
    Don't forget the other two. LoS is long, so be sure to have plenty of free time. =)
    Legends of Sinnoh|Shadow Apocalypse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast