Migration problem

Thread: Migration problem

Default Migration problem

Hey guys. This has most probably been discussed before, but I'm new here so I wouldn't know. =)

I just bought an imported (US) copy of Pokemon Fire Red, hoping to catch and migrate as many Pokemon as I can to my Pearl version (AUS). For some reason the migration option doesn't appear in the menu of Pearl, even though I've defeated the Elite Four, got the National Dex and been to the Pal Park (in Pearl, of course).

Another problem is that after having played Fire Red for about fifteen minutes or so and then trying to migrate, when I re-load the FR save file gets deleted.

Is this an incompatibility issue with multi-region versions or something? I am sure my copy of FR isn't a fake because it is in a transparent-red cartridge, with "NINTENDO. MODEL NO. AGB-004. PAT.PEND. MADE IN JAPAN" enscribed on the back. Or could this just be an overall glitch and that you must collect a certain amount of badges/defeat the Elite Four first?

Thanks in advance, peeps! =)

Relax and have fun. The Power of Pika's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's weird considering I can transfer from a Australian Pokemon GBA game into an American DS Pokemon pearl game. Which is the opposite to yours.

It could be a glitch.

Your fire red. Does it have an internal battery inside it or not. Sounds like a weird question but that's the biggest thing that determines fake LG and FR carts from real. Since real LG and FR actually have no battery inside due to no clock. From what you described it sounds legit so far but checking the inside would be a good call. You don't have to open the cart. Pull the label off (gently so you can put it back on) and hold the game to the light and you should be able to see inside whether there's a battery there or not.

Incompatibiltiy shouldn't delete data of GBA games. I've had english games plugged into my DS while playing my japanese pearl game (yes i have a japanese and American version of it) and despite no connection through pal park due to incompatibility it does not delete my english data in my GBA games.

There might be something wrong with your FR if it is legit or your pearl. I can't determine which is the culprit. I would suggest contacting Nintendo about it if unsure.=/

My name is Daffy Duck, I worked on a Merry-Go-Round, The job was swell,
    I did quite well,Till the Merry-go-round broke down.
    (Hoo-hoo! Hoo-hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo-hoo!)

Hmm. After doing what you said about looking for a battery, I also did some more research and found that this copy of Fire Red is indeed a (very good) fake. =(

It does in fact have a battery on the right-side under the sticker, the sticker does not glimmer, and the transparent cartridge is more transparent than the legitimate copies. And the Nintendo logo on the back appears to have a very small dot above the "o" looking almost like an apostrophe. That sucks. =/

Thank you very much for alerting me to the battery issue. I am working on getting a refund from the person I bought it from now. =)

I have also included some photos in case people want to check them out.

Expectedly unexpected. Monblazon's Avatar

Oh dear, bad luck! The cartridge looks like a Ruby version cartridge, and the battery is in the same place too.

The sun? Thats the hottest place on earth!

sorry your FireRed is a fake ManJello. I have a US copy of sapphire and everything works fine on it, I can transfer pokemon to my eurpoean Pearl. Don't think it matters what country the games from as long as its legit. Hope you get the refund

Blog Entries
    Add Charizards Burn on Facebook
    Follow Charizards Burn on Tumblr Visit Charizards Burn's Youtube Channel

Your not the only one that had the same thing happen to them..

I bought my firered and my emerald and they were perfect they looked just like the real copies.. but when i had beaten the elite 4 my saves just deleted and i found out they were fake..

I wasn't too happy eather.
    << Credit goes to Felly For This Awesome Banner!

White 2 Friend Code: 0004 4607 7479 (Zaine)

I don't calculate stat values, nor do I care about natures. I just catch my Pokemon the way they are, and play the game normally. If you agree copy and paste this into your sig.

Relax and have fun. The Power of Pika's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManJello View Post
    Hmm. After doing what you said about looking for a battery, I also did some more research and found that this copy of Fire Red is indeed a (very good) fake. =(

It does in fact have a battery on the right-side under the sticker, the sticker does not glimmer, and the transparent cartridge is more transparent than the legitimate copies. And the Nintendo logo on the back appears to have a very small dot above the "o" looking almost like an apostrophe. That sucks. =/

Thank you very much for alerting me to the battery issue. I am working on getting a refund from the person I bought it from now. =)

I have also included some photos in case people want to check them out.
    I'm glad to help.
    Pity that it is fake though. Hope you can get your refund.

My name is Daffy Duck, I worked on a Merry-Go-Round, The job was swell,
    I did quite well,Till the Merry-go-round broke down.
    (Hoo-hoo! Hoo-hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo-hoo!)

Its crazy how real people can make those fakes look, I feel for whoever has to go through this.

Blog Entries

I feel for you on this, my very first pokemon game turned out to be a fake as well. :( That was a lot of good memories down the drain for me...(but then again I bought it in a corner store in Russia, I should have seen that coming =P)
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. ~ Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled

My (fake) Emereld kept deleting, then I lost my DS, with Emereld in it, and now I can't find an american Emerald.
    DIALGA 625

Thanks guys. =)

The guy's being a complete douche about it all though and hasn't replied since I pointed out that all the games he's selling (fake Fire Reds and the infamous Chaos Black) are counterfeit and it looks like he ain't refunding me any time soon.

Anywho, since I'm stuck with this copy, do you peeps know if the fake games are able to connect the real copies for trades and battles? 'coz if they can then I might aswell look for a genuine copy of Leaf Green, so that I can use that as a bridge between Fire Red and Pearl, not to mention catch me some critters in the process.

Sorry to hear some of the other disappointing stories on this thread, though. =(