Mew mission in Ranger - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mew mission in Ranger

Blog Entries

Wait....so the function IS in the game without an event? That means all we need to get Manaphy is the password, no?

Somebody PLEASE hack it and figure out what the password is, somehow....

Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

You mean the password people have been looking for for days already? Yeah, they're working on it.

Let's see...

12 digits....
    52 letters.....
    10 numbers...

Only 6240 possible combinations!

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

I don't know where you learnt combinatorics, but a string of 12 symbols out of a set of 62 permitting repetitions is 6212, or 3.22 × 1021 (that's 3.22 sextillion). You will need 32.8 zettabytes to store all the possible combinations, and that's not including spaces or newlines.

Hey, I'm only a kid...XD

Blog Entries

*giggles* Sextillion.
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhen Lin View Post
    I don't know where you learnt combinatorics, but a string of 12 symbols out of a set of 62 permitting repetitions is 6212, or 3.22 × 1021 (that's 3.22 sextillion). You will need 32.8 zettabytes to store all the possible combinations, and that's not including spaces or newlines.
    Even though a sextillion would be 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 numbers, I still think Nintendo wouldn't entrust getting Manaphy to just a password. Methinks that each password is unique for each game...
    Don't expect to see me around anymore, except in the Brawl threads

OK so I got my English Pokémon Ranger yesterday (Tuesday) and wanted to see if I could use it to unlock Ranger Net for my Japanese Game.

I backupped the Japanese game save and loaded it onto the English game. My Japanese game is completely finished and I have done everything besides the things that only can be done with the Special Missions. When I started the English game with the Japanese save it worked totally fine despite that it wouldn't unlock Ranger Net even though I'm finished with the main story for quite a while.
    So I went back up to the Fiore Temple and found a guy with two Drowzees who offered me to do a "Nostalgic Mission" that would put me back to right before I meet the guy in the purple uniform (Gordon in the English version) at the top of the temple with Raikou, Suiucune and Entei. This is the final event before the main story of the game finishes and the credits come. The only problem was that the "Nostalgic Mission" only allowed me to take three Pokémon with me instead of the maximum of seven which makes it harder to calm down Raikou, Suicune and Entei.

I got three good Pokémon to calm Raikou, Suicune and Entei and re-did this final Mission and then watched the English credits. After the credits, the game finally unlocked Ranger Net for me as Argy has described it.
    In the English game, there would only be the first mission with Deoxys playable (as written previously by Argy).

I then backupped the game save again and restored it to my Japanese game. Now I had the Japanese Ranger Net option unlocked and under the option for playing missions, it listed all four missions, even the one with Manaphy - but all the titles and description texts were in English and were displayed almost completely correctly by the Japanese game, but with a not too nice latin character font.

The problem here is, that if you actually start one of the missions on the Japanese game, only an error message will pop up. If you click it, it will delete the mission that you wanted to play and start back at the game's title screen. The mission now is missing from the list of playable missions and if you repeat this with all the missions until you try the last one, Ranger Net will disappear again.

So this trick only allows to get Ranger Net for a Japanese save game but you won't be able to do anything with it - at least not on the Japanese game.
    Maybe with some hacking, one could get the Manaphy mission to work on a Japanese game (and the other missions, too). But I'm not interested in that and that would truly be cheating then imo. I'd actually prefer if no-one would do anything like that and just wait until the password for the English Manaphy mission gets revealed.
    Last edited by nYoo; 28th November 2006 at 06:57 PM.

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

OK, so you transferred the Japanese file to the English game and then back again. But what happens when you do yet another transfer while the Ranger Net is still open in the Japanese game? Would it be possible for the Manaphy mission to more-or-less unlock itself?

As a side note, I have now captured every Pokémon in the game except Metagross, Fearow, and Snorlax.

Quote Originally Posted by Argy View Post
    OK, so you transferred the Japanese file to the English game and then back again. But what happens when you do yet another transfer while the Ranger Net is still open in the Japanese game? Would it be possible for the Manaphy mission to more-or-less unlock itself?.
    No, you can't backup the save while the game is running and also changes to the save file are usually only done when the game does this "Saving game, Do not turn off the power . . . . ." so there isn't anything being changed in the save while the Japanese game displays the Manaphy mission.
    Apparently the Ranger Net function was just changed for the English version to not display the missions while they are actually existing already.

It would be interesting to see what happens if one would load a Japanese game save that has the downloaded Japanese Special Missions in it. I wonder if the English game would also hide those Japanese missions as they are actually different to the English ones because the title and description text is also stored in the game save.

Quote Originally Posted by Argy View Post
    As a side note, I have now captured every Pokémon in the game except Metagross, Fearow, and Snorlax.
    Do you need help finding them?

Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

No, I just haven't gotten around to them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by nYoo View Post
    I'd actually prefer if no-one would do anything like that and just wait until the password for the English Manaphy mission gets revealed.
    I doubt that there are even a trillion people alive on the whole Earth at this moment, much less a sextillion. I also doubt Nintendo would entrust thousands of Manaphy's to a single password. That would mean you could buy Ranger and essentially get Manaphy. It would reduce it's value, since there would be so many floating around Wi-fi. I think that at special events, they will scan your game or something, and that will tell the individual password.
    Don't expect to see me around anymore, except in the Brawl threads

Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

Well, since my last post, I have totally completed the game (minus the Manaphy mission, of course). It's something I haven't done with a Pokémon game since the original Red version (minus Mew). :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12