LT Weekly Poll #4 Should we go back to coloured cartridges? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Do you think coloured cartridges should return?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

140 93.96%
  • No...

9 6.04%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: LT Weekly Poll #4 Should we go back to coloured cartridges?

Default Re: Gen VI Cartridges

I kinda miss the old colored cartridges, but I feel like they aren't really nessesary. It was a fun thing at the time though. I dont really mind not having them though so I dont need Gen 6's to be colored.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd love me some pretty colors! The GBA games in particular all had their distinct shade...LeafGreen green, FireRed red, Sapphire a cool translucent blue. The only problem I see happening is that the cartridge wouldn't blend into the DS anymore, but I don't think it matters all that much.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I doubt it. The bone/ beige colored 3DS carts were meant to differentiate from standard DS games, so I don't think they'll make the special colors for one or two franchises again. It probably costs too much to manufacture.

It's not necessary by any means, but it would be nice to see that again. I rather liked that the cartridges were colored to match the version.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I liked how the cartridges were colored and matched with the games. It just made them stand out more to me. It definitely isn't necessary and it probably is more expensive to make, but I wouldn't be against that returning at some point. It would be kind of cool to see new colored cartridges again.

Yes!
    Yo

I like Pokemon

Starting with HGSS and continuing for the games up to B2W2 in the main series games, they had infrared (IR) functionality. If you view the cartridge while viewing near the bright sun or just a bright light in general, you'll see the IR material glowing red - that's why those games couldn't be coloured, if I were to guess. 3DS games won't have this problem as they have IR functions on the console, so it's possible...but it's not likely to happen.
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

A different colored cartridge would be pretty cool, but I'd imagine it could be rather expensive,and not quite nescesscary. But it made a comeback, I would welcome it.

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

I liked coloured cartridges.

Hopefully they will return, but there's a less chance

I actually rather like the non-colored carts. They look more "professional" somehow, and they don't stick out like a sore thumb when I'm lining them up with my other DS games. It's why I don't like the case of NSMBW and Mario/Sonic London 2012. :( OCD makes me go "NO WHY DID THEY DO THAT".

Players of Black and Black 2 do have a cart that matches their version, though, as Bulbapedia points out.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

The end of colored carts were a letdown for me, especially because you never ever had to ask what a person was playing if they were playing, the color just told you. But think about it and you can realize that the stop with colors is just to phase the trend out. There's only so many colors and they cant keep it going forever. The games will not be colored in the future simply because there aren't really any colors left to do. Purple and Orange are all that's left, but that would seem like a very odd combination and it would almost make it seem as though they were RB sequels... So the hope for colored games is basically gone now... sorry guys.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I wish it would return. I miss the days of me not having to dig around my handheld game bag and look at the labels. Before D&P, when I needed to get some Pokémon action, I could just look in the bag and go "There's my green Emerald game!" or "There's my gold Gold game!"

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries

Not really necessary, but sure, why not?

No, Not Yet Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I would love it to return that way, but after Gen IV and V, I'm doubtful. Platinum and Black were the only games to have the cartridge colour matching the game, but that was coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsrdaman View Post
    The end of colored carts were a letdown for me, especially because you never ever had to ask what a person was playing if they were playing, the color just told you. But think about it and you can realize that the stop with colors is just to phase the trend out. There's only so many colors and they cant keep it going forever. The games will not be colored in the future simply because there aren't really any colors left to do. Purple and Orange are all that's left, but that would seem like a very odd combination and it would almost make it seem as though they were RB sequels... So the hope for colored games is basically gone now... sorry guys.
    Pink, brown and beige for normal colours, but there's a long list of unused colours. If anything, they're running out of gemstones.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 21st September 2012 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Players of Black and Black 2 do have a cart that matches their version, though, as Bulbapedia points out.
    If I remember correctly, that's not actually a true black but rather the material they use to amplify infrared communication. If you hold it up to a (very) bright light (watch your eyes) you'll see what I mean by this - it reveals the transparency and colour of the cartridge being a very dark (and otherwise unnoticeable) red.
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast