LT Weekly Poll #36 Do you prefer breakable TMs? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you prefer breakable TMs?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

7 12.28%
  • Doesn't really bother me.

2 3.51%
  • Noooo!

48 84.21%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LT Weekly Poll #36 Do you prefer breakable TMs?

Default Re: LT Weekly Poll #36 Do you prefer breakable TMs?

The whole breakable TM's thing was a bit of a burden (albeit a necessary one since the games didn't have nearly as much storage space as they do today) in Generation I. Previously, I used to hold onto TM's because I felt like I didn't want to use them immediately or I may find a better use for them. But in Generation I, it was that much more annoying when you stockpile so many TM's and HM's because you're scared to use them and then your PC becomes too full to carry any more and your bag becomes too full to carry anything else, so you end up wasting the TM's you don't picture yourself ever using just so you can use your bag and PC storage again!

Now that they're unbreakable, I don't have to feel forced to use them, and the game isn't any more or less difficult as a result. Also, now that we don't have the PC storage system I don't have to worry about them filling up my box or my bag, solely at the cost of the laws of physics no longer applying to the game. So in short, yes, unbreakable TM's is definitely a great innovation. I'll admit I was a tad skeptical when news broke that TM's would be unbreakable in Black/White (What?! A change in formula?! I'm going to narrow-mindedly write this off as GameFreak losing their minds and destroying what were once sacred traditions between generations!) but as I played, I began to find it more and more helpful. I mean, in general, I have a tendency to only use a TM once anyway, but the fact that I know I'll still have it later really relieves me of any pressure or apprehension I may have about using them.

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

I am so glad they made TM's unbreakable, as it was something I was hoping they would do for a long time. I did like the novelty of choosing wisely when to use the old "breakable" TM, but that novelty wore off after Gen 2 for me.

I love how TMs are unbreakable. I really hated how some of my favorite TM moves in past gens only were available once or twice, which meant that it couldn't be taught to more than one or two different pokemon, even if they could learn it. Iron tail is probably the one that annoys me the most. It was only obtainable once in Diamond, and I had like three Pokemon that could learn it. But I do wish that some of the TMs (like Iron Tail) would be brought back. I'd love to teach my Pikachu Iron Tail, especially since I'm a big Anime fan.

Blog Entries

No, I always conserved my TMs prior to B/W and hold on to them incase I neaded them for breeding

I am glad that it was changed, because I didn't want to use a TM, only to find out that I either didn't want to use it at that time, I accidentally sold it, etc. Plus, I can teach the TM to multiple pokémon, I don't have to feel pressured to pick just one.

Blog Entries

Follow Markos on Tumblr Visit Markos's Youtube Channel

NO. Using TM's was such a hard decision in the past, as they were either lost forever of a pain to recover.

Claims: Ferrothorn, PokéGear, Nanab Berry, Megahorn, Dry Skin, Caesar, Morgan Black

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I prefer the non-breakable ones. The breakable ones required being choosey when it came to which Pokemon to teach the move. It's been so much easier to use non-breakable ones over and over again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12