LT Weekly Poll #15 Do you want your Pokémon to follow you again?

View Poll Results: Do you want your Pokémon to follow you again?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

78 89.66%
  • No

9 10.34%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: LT Weekly Poll #15 Do you want your Pokémon to follow you again?

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default LT Weekly Poll #15 Do you want your Pokémon to follow you again?

Welcome to the fifteenth instalment in the Lost Tower Forum's new weekly series of polls!

Centered around the older installments of the Pokemon series of video games, these polls will be based on the various different aspects of the popular video game franchise. Every Monday, a Video Games staff member will post a new poll that'll remained stickied up on top of the forum. Suggestions for polls and questions can be sent to Joshawott, and they could possibly used for new polls (credit will be given, of course).

With that out of the way, here is the poll: Do you want your Pokémon to follow you again?. In Pokémon Yellow, your starter Pikachu would follow you around. This was expanded in HeartGold and SoulSilver, when all of the Pokémon available in those games were able to follow you - but this feature was removed in Black and White. Would you like to see it return?

Past Polls of the Week
    1) LT Weekly Poll #1 Are the original 151 the best?
    2) LT Weekly Poll #2 Most Beneficial Past 'New' Generation?
    3) LT Weekly Poll #3: Best Kanto Starter?
    4) LT Weekly Poll #4 Should we go back to coloured cartridges?
    5) LT Weekly Poll #5 First Pokémon game?
    6) LT Weekly Poll #6 Best Johto starter?
    7) LT Weekly Poll #7 How old were you when you started playing?
    8) LT Weekly Poll #8 - Do you still play the older generations?
    9) LT Weekly Poll #9 Best Hoenn Starter?
    10) LT Weekly Poll #10 Slot Machines or Voltorb Flip?
    11) LT Weekly Poll #11 Favourite Kanto Gym Design?
    12) LT Weekly Poll #12 Favourite Sinnoh Starter?
    13) LT Weekly Poll #13 Most Beneficial Third Version?
    14) LT Weekly Poll #14 First Handheld Console?

Blog Entries

Default Re: LT Weekly Poll #15 Do you want your Pokémon to follow you again?

Yes. It was a nice thing to add to the game, and it was just great that you could see your Pokemon all the time.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Yes. I loved the following feature in HG/SS, especially having my shiny Pokemon follow me. I hope they include it in future games. The only things Id change about it is Id make it optional, and have you be able to choose a Pokemon to follow you that isnt your lead Pokemon, you should have the option to walk with any Pokemon in your party.

Yes! It was a great addition and added more depth to your relationship with your Pokemon. I loved it! <3

Best squid ever Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

Yes. It wasn't the most necessary feature, but I was disappointed it wasn't in Black & White. It's always great to know your Pokémon loved you enough to give you a hug; what better way to prove to N of the close bond Pokémon and humans could share?
    Yato and Thanatos like this.

Who is this git?

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I still don't get WHY didn't they include such a feature in BW given just how incredibly well would've it fitted with the game's plot.

I mean, they do have sprites for most pokémon and a base for the functionality.

On a similar note, I'm also disappointed at the lack of something like this. Though I guess hearing what your pokémon have to say might not go so well in a game about a guy who can do that. But it's still something I'd REALLY love to see again.

[/overexposition]

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

It was a popular feature and for a reason! The whole idea of actually seeing the first member of the party follow you was fantastic in my opinion and I was so disappointed that they didn't include it this time in Black and White (not to bash the games because I love them :D). If they had included this feature in Black and White it would have made the games all the more brilliant.

But I guess I can sort of see why they didn't in the respect that they may have not had time to complete this because of the deadlines (possibly). I always see the third edition games as the completed version of their predecessors, so maybe they will include this again in the third instalment (you never know).

Anyway I voted yes ^^

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

Yes. It was a nice addition and expanded on the concept of having a bond with your Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

Yes, I liked it. And I wouldn't mind it returning. But, I would like it to be an option. Sometimes I found it rather annoying when I wasn't in the mood.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Yes, but I'd rather have it as a selectable option. While I liked the reactions of my pokemon (for example, my cyndaquil showed surprises when I suddenly walked in a rainy area - it was very cute), I never really "walked" after getting the bike, and more so after getting Fly. Besides, it was kinda pointless to me when I biked everywhere and the only place I could walk with my pokemon was indoors, but they didn't allow huge pokemon like Lugia to follow you indoors.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Unless they bring something beneficial other than the mechanic used in HG/SS, then no. It's just a wasted gimmick.
    Isaac Gravity likes this.

Blog Entries

Yes, it was such a lovely feature. I loved checking my Pokemon reactions when I entered a new area in my SS. Like my Horsea doing a little happy dance when I was at Lake of Rage, or her serious expression when we were about to challenge Pokemon League. Hopefully they will bring it back in the thrid game or remakes.
    White FC: 1678-3054-7710
    Black 2 FC: 3053 3827 7149

Black 2

If it is optional. But I really did like having them follow me around, was a neat feature and now there's plenty of new Pokemon from BW to have walking with the player.
    Silverwynde likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

I'd certainly enjoy that. It wasn't exactly a useful feature, no, but it was a cute gimmick. Not to mention how cool it was to see your Lugia or Lati@s or any other legendary following you around.

Blog Entries

YES! I loved it! It was so interesting to see various Pokemon's reactions to different areas/events.

My pipe dream is that they bring it back in Gray. I think it would be quite interesting to see how a Pokemon would react to the presence of Team Plasma in an area (sort of like whenever Team Rocket was around in HG/SS).

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast