LT Weekly Poll #1 Are the original 151 the best? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Are the original 151 the best?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are the very best, like no one ever was.

46 28.75%
  • They all look the same to me.

57 35.63%
  • No way! The newer Pokémon are way better!

57 35.63%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: LT Weekly Poll #1 Are the original 151 the best?

Default Re: LT Weekly Poll #1 Are the original 151 the best?

I do prefer the original 151, but not to the point where I refuse to acknowledge anything else. I've put pretty decent time into Pokemon Ruby. :)

There is always a special place in my heart for the first genearation Pokemon. Perhaps because they are ones I grew up with? While I do personally prefer the entire cast of the first generation Pokemon compared to the other generations, I still like many of the Pokemon from the later generations (I still like each generation and its Pokemon regardless). For example, look at my own user name. I may be a player from the late first gen/early second gen; however, I still like the newer Pokemon such as Minccino. ^-^

Blog Entries

I think I'm biased with this one, because I grew up with the original 151, and it felt like I knew them on a more personal level. I do appreciate Itsuki for using the term, pokehipsters on page 1 though.

Credit for sig goes to Blue Dragon!

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N Noah Ridgewood's Avatar

I'm a Pokémon purist and a nostalgically sentimental guy, so naturally, I believe that the original Pokémon are better than any of their successors. Like the Katy Perry song, you're original, cannot be replaced.

Registered User xanderthevampire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, the first 151 were my first experience with pokemon so I might be a bit biased. Gen I is where most of my favourites came from. I do like pokemon from other generations but I think you will always need the previous ones too. My party consists of most gen I, a gen II and a gen IV. I would have another from gen IV but its not available on my game. Gen III also had pokemon I like but wouldn't have a use for right now. I think you really need a combination of gens, which is where gen V fails by limiting you to unova pokemon. I don't like them much at all but I would have been willing to give them a chance if the game had allowed me to use older ones too. In the end, I didn't buy it and I won't. I like to look at my party and think my character has started in kanto and gone through each region, adding to his team as he goes.
    Check out my blog to see how my Nuzlocke run's going.

Blog Entries

Not really, though I must say they are the original. I prefer the newer pokemon however.

Blog Entries

All the Gen have their good, bad, and weird, and Gen I is no exception. I think that the Gen I ones are kind of bland compared to the others

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

No, I don't think that the all of the orginal 151 Pokémon are the best. I think that some of them are still some of the best Pokémon but there are many more Pokémon introduced in later generations which are better.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

追放されたバカ

If this was 251 it would be better. It was good to have Johto follow Kanto, but then Hoenn just shat in the cup. Sinnoh sort of made a comeback, but then Unova Pokemon, were just fail.

I never realy got a strong solid team together, I was just picking stuff up and using it. A few stood by me all adventure, Samurott, and Victini, but I never got a team I was happy with as I couldn't really find that many I liked or would go well together. They all level up way too high as well, I believe Litwick doesn't evolve til lv 40, that's just too weak to go through the game with.

The original 251 had legends. True legends, not legends as in only one off in Game lv 50 etc. Legends in terms of icons. Pikachu, Charizard, Mew and Mewtwo, Ho-oh Totodile, Togepi, and the most famous of all, Jigglypuff.

Quote Originally Posted by xanderthevampire View Post
    I like to look at my party and think my character has started in kanto and gone through each region, adding to his team as he goes.
    This is exactly what I do. My final team is a mix, of 2 from Gen 1, one from gen 3, one from gen 4, one from gen 2, and a Pokemon that started off in gen 2 but gained an evolution in Gen 4.

So I do still use, Pokemon from Gen 3 and 4, but I the others are my favourites and that's why there's more of them.
    So far, that's not one Pokemon from Gen 5 I'd consider adding to my ultimate team, it's a shame. :(

I used to be one of those people that said: "original 150 are the best and only Pokemon in my eyes."
    Now I have discovered Skarmory and Hydreigon I take it all back..

and as for ^^^above^^^ the only Legend worth mentioning of the 650 (? was that right?) is Mewtwo. What a boss Pokemon. It gives me shivers thinking how strong Mewtwo is and how it is from Gen 1 which I think doesnt have that great a base stat average as compared to the later gens. I dont know for sure, but I assume the gen 5 average base stat totals would be A LOT higher than if you worked it out for gen 1...hope my scrambled thoughts make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by xanderthevampire View Post
    I think you really need a combination of gens, which is where gen V fails by limiting you to unova pokemon. I don't like them much at all but I would have been willing to give them a chance if the game had allowed me to use older ones too. In the end, I didn't buy it and I won't. I like to look at my party and think my character has started in kanto and gone through each region, adding to his team as he goes.
    Why not use a second console and use the Transfer Lab? I just used it for the first time and it wasnt so bad. Better than Pal Park for the earlier gen I think...especially because you dont ave to wait every 24hrs to transfer another 6. My second DS was $50 on eBay but you have to be careful: LOTS of fakes being sold on there...I was like a detective trying to find a legit one to buy.
    Last edited by nintendont; 22nd June 2012 at 09:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Putting people who like the older games in a group and saying they're so terrible for putting people who like newer games in a group is a little hypocritical if you ask me. Nobody has a greater opinion than anyone else, unless there are clearly facts just say yes or no and stop attacking people.

No way the newer pokemon look better

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

With the exception of a select few *cough*Bulbasaur*cough* no, they aren't the best. Every generation has good and bad designs. Gen I had awesome things like Blastoise and Ninetales and Scyther and Dragonite, but it also had crap designs like Dugtrio, Magneton, and Muk.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Trophies

Yeah they are the best. 4 of my 6 favourite pokemon come from this generation and some great and unique pokemon are in this generation, such as ditto.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I love Gen 1 and Gen 2, my favourite designs come more from the first two gens than the most recent series.
    maglev is invisible

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast