The Legendary Beasts in FR/LG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: The Legendary Beasts in FR/LG

  1. #1
    Ash Fangirl AshKetchum17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    198

    Default The Legendary Beasts in FR/LG

    I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I have a question about the Legendary Beasts in FireRed and LeafGreen.

    I ran into Suicune earlier today on FR, and it ran away from me. But before I could save my game and get it in my PokeDex so I could track it, my GameBoy reset itself. If I go back to the place where I found Suicune earlier, will it be in the same place? If not, is there a place the beasts are likely to appear? Or is the location completely random?

  2. #2
    The Sanity Hacker Laughing Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    127

    Default

    I think it's random but I'm not sure.
    3DS FC: 4570-7605-2787

  3. #3
    Ash Fangirl AshKetchum17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Yeah, I think it resets the location every time you restart the game. I've gone back to Cycling Road several times since, and Suicune's not there anymore.

    Does anyone know if there's a likely place for it to appear?

  4. #4
    Battle the odds Mega-Markario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England - Northanptonshire
    Posts
    319

    Default

    The Legendary dogs change location whenever you do, its down to luck, mainly. But there are certain places where you can "usher" then to your location, im not too familliar with FR/LG but im sure someone can help.
    "Shellos does not approve" - XD

    3DS FC: 4468-0966-0032
    Version: Y
    Type: Water. Pokemon: Frogadier(PROTEAN,WOO!), Gyarados, Panpour.

    POKÈMON WHITE FC: 4684-7670-8863

    Add me if you like :)

    - My D/P team.
    - My blue team .

  5. #5
    MK
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Every time the game loads a map, including when you reset the game, the location changes.

  6. #6
    Ash Fangirl AshKetchum17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    198

    Default

    OK. Thanks for the help!

    One more question. Can the Legendary beasts be found anywhere where you can run into wild Pokemon, like in caves and while surfing? Or are they only in grass?

  7. #7
    Registered User Umbreon Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    238

    Default

    They can be found in grass and while surfing, but I'm not entirely sure about caves.

  8. #8
    my sweet lord... Swampert tamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon Freak View Post
    They can be found in grass and while surfing, but I'm not entirely sure about caves.
    No, they can't be found in caves, or other dungon-like places, such as Safari Zone or Viridian Forest.

    Also, I've heard that traveling from place A to B on foot or bike and returning to point A again won't make them move to a new position, they'll be in the same they were before you live point A.

    However they will move if you travel from point A to B and then go to C (a different place than the first and second locations), instead of returning to A when you reach B. (sorry if this idea isn't very clear)
    Since everyone these days has one of these, I'm going to put mine too...



    On a funny note, I made this personality test on 3 different ocasions and the pokemon I got every single time was Togetic so this can't be very wrong...

  9. #9
    Ash Fangirl AshKetchum17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Thank you so much for all your help. I guess I'll be wandering around Kanto for a while, trying to find Suicune...

    Again, thank you all very much. I really appreciate the help.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: The Legendary Beasts in FR/LG

    I have FireRed too and I have a similar situation. I haven't seen Entei yet. I'm on Rte 3 between Pewter City and Mt Moon. I keep running in the grass directly below the Pokemon Center by Mt Moon. I start about 3 battles against wild Pokemon and run away from each. I run up to Rte 4 (I noticed that in Diamond and Pearl that whenever you do a transition going between two routes, the roaming Pokemon would change routes) and run back to Rte 3. I thought it might work in the older games too. That is what I'm trying in FireRed. Does this actually work or do I need to also enter Mt Moon and leave (as stated by 'Swampert tamer', point A being Rte 3, point B being Rte 4, and point C being Mt Moon) right away and go back to Rte 3? Instead of Mt Moon, does going into the Pokemon Center work? I don't think it did in Diamond and Pearl but I thought I'd ask while I'm at it.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,555
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: The Legendary Beasts in FR/LG

    Quote Originally Posted by AshKetchum17 View Post
    Thank you so much for all your help. I guess I'll be wandering around Kanto for a while, trying to find Suicune...

    Again, thank you all very much. I really appreciate the help.
    Since you've now seen Suicune, you have a bit of an advantage. His location will be registered in your Pokedex. What I did to catch the Beasts in my game (I restarted Fr to get all three) once they were registered was to position myself right at the border of one town and a route with a decent amount of grassy area nearby. I just kept going back and forth between the route and the town, checking the Pokemon's location each time I got back on the route. Eventually they ended up on the same route I was on, and I went into the grass and got them.

    The only annoying thing about doing this in Fr/Lg is that the Pokedex in this game doesn't save your place like it does in pretty most of the other games made since... so each time you want to check the legendary beast's location, you need to scroll through 240-something Pokemon to get there.

  12. #12
    Blazaking's Avatar Staff ArtistModerator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Another World
    Posts
    6,846
    Blog Entries
    177
    Follow Blazaking On Twitter Add Blazaking on Google+
    Follow Blazaking on Tumblr Visit Blazaking's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Legendary Beasts in FR/LG

    Quote Originally Posted by Terraferme View Post
    I have FireRed too and I have a similar situation. I haven't seen Entei yet. I'm on Rte 3 between Pewter City and Mt Moon. I keep running in the grass directly below the Pokemon Center by Mt Moon. I start about 3 battles against wild Pokemon and run away from each. I run up to Rte 4 (I noticed that in Diamond and Pearl that whenever you do a transition going between two routes, the roaming Pokemon would change routes) and run back to Rte 3. I thought it might work in the older games too. That is what I'm trying in FireRed. Does this actually work or do I need to also enter Mt Moon and leave (as stated by 'Swampert tamer', point A being Rte 3, point B being Rte 4, and point C being Mt Moon) right away and go back to Rte 3? Instead of Mt Moon, does going into the Pokemon Center work? I don't think it did in Diamond and Pearl but I thought I'd ask while I'm at it.
    Yes, I'm pretty sure it does work. Just find a place where you can keep on changing routes.

    Quote Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
    Since you've now seen Suicune, you have a bit of an advantage. His location will be registered in your Pokedex. What I did to catch the Beasts in my game (I restarted Fr to get all three) once they were registered was to position myself right at the border of one town and a route with a decent amount of grassy area nearby. I just kept going back and forth between the route and the town, checking the Pokemon's location each time I got back on the route. Eventually they ended up on the same route I was on, and I went into the grass and got them.

    The only annoying thing about doing this in Fr/Lg is that the Pokedex in this game doesn't save your place like it does in pretty most of the other games made since... so each time you want to check the legendary beast's location, you need to scroll through 240-something Pokemon to get there.
    ... You just responded to a question from like 2 years ago. Oh, and they don't have Suicune registered in their Pokédex since her game reset before she could save. But thats besides the point.

  13. #13
    No pain, no gain! SalamenceCommander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,358
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: The Legendary Beasts in FR/LG

    This is what you should do:
    First, buy lots of repels.
    Fly to pallet town. Put the pokemon level 45-49 first in your party. Then use a max repel and bike in the grass above pallet town, and run around in the grass a little, but not much, and enter Viridian. Then, go to the route to the left of Viridian and look there. then come back to Viridian, and go back towards pallet town, while dawdling in the grass some. then go back to Viridian dawdling in the grass some. Then go to the route left of Viridian and look in the grass and go back to pallet town dawdling in the grass some time. When every "The effects of a max repel where off..." use another max repel.

    Banner made by Blazaking EX.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: The Legendary Beasts in FR/LG

    Two problems with that. 1. No money. I only have 632 left. 2. I only have 1 poke ball (the masterball) left. I intend to use the masterball against Entei when I see him.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: The Legendary Beasts in FR/LG

    Never mind. I CAUGHT ENTEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
    *does victory dance* Now I can Pal Park to Diamond and start over and try for Raikou! *groans* Another long haul. Oh well. I'll have fun again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •