1 2.94%
  • Waterfall

1 2.94%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (Least) Favourite HM Move...

BLAST YOU, ASH KETCHUM! Clancy the Comma Lord's Avatar

Default (Least) Favourite HM Move...

I think this is in the right place...^^;

So, which of the HMs do you hate the most?

I'd personally go with Whirlpool or Rock Smash. I was annoyed when GSC came out and we got all the new Water HMs because it meant you'd either need to have your water type with an almost pure HM moveset or find another way to deal with it. Thank God they invented the Move Deleter...I wasn't that bothered about Dive in RSE because it was a decent move.
    So, Whirlpool for that reason and that it's a generally annoying move. Rock Smash because in battle it's virtually useless. Even when used on something weak against it.

My favourite is Fly. I'm lazy. And it's a decent move. Even against Rock/Ground. You can hide away and hope they use Explosion/Self-Destruct. Though, my luck, they use it after I fly. *headfloor*
    I love the other Water HMs too (Surf, Waterfall, Dive).

I dunno. Rock Smash is like splash in battle, but useful on the field. Waterfall is good in battle, but useless on the field. Whirlpool just all together stunk. So I'll go with whirlppol.

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

whirlpool was a complete stinker of a hm and i still wouldn't be caught in my cold grave with it on ANY of my pokemon

Coolier than thou

Whirlpool is generally annoying, and its only useful in Silver version, which I obviously don't have. Instead, I have Gold Version, and I did catch Ho-Oh, but I named it JediSolo. 'Coulda added the Ann in between.
    ARE YOU ASKING FOR A CHAAAALLLEEENNNNNGGGGGGEEEEEE?!

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lugia is available in Gold. You just can't get it until very late in the game. (It is at level 70)

And visiting the other sections of the Whirl Islands still helps your Pokémon collection to grow.

As for the topic, Rock Smash annoys me, especially as only Geodude can actually be found in rocks in Ruby and Sapphire.

Strength and Rock Smash are annoying. Both suck like a crazy duck.
    My signature is boring

I don't find Strength to be bad. An 80 power move with 100% accuracy midgame can be very nice, after all.

Anyway, I voted Dive. I'm not a fan of it at all. Whirlpool isn't great, nor is Rock Smash...but Dive really gets on my nerves for some reason.

And Fabuvinny, you're forgetting Nosepass. How dare you forget the force that is Nosepass?

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

I don't like flash, usually its not great on pokemon that I raise, and then I usually run into a cave out of nowhere that needs it. Plus you have to flash every time you change rooms, its pretty annoying.

second... maybe cut. I just don't like normal moves much, in DP it may change but as for right now..

-------------------
    EDIT
    OH yeah, now I remember why I don't hate rock smash. I can put it on a catching pokemon and use it for chip damage. Same with Whirl pool!
    Last edited by bell02+; 8th August 2006 at 10:02 PM.

Flash Flash Flash Flash Flash Flash Flash Flash Flash Flash Flash Flash Flash

most useless and annoying thing ever. I hate having to use it in the caves -___-

just a huge waste pretty much

"Jess" or "Shining Mew" from SPPf

Rock Smash, while it has its uses in the field, is a horrendously-useless move in battle. Flash comes in a close second in that department, but it could be useful in, say, destroying the accuracy of a Legendary Pokemon while you wittle away at its HP.

Dive and Whirlpool are both relatively useless in the field, on the other hand. I only remember Whirlpool being used in G/S/C at the Whirl Islands, and unless D/P has underwater areas, Dive is pretty useless as well. I actually would've loved to see more underwater areas in R/S/E, perhaps even underwater ruins to explore. Waterfall I find more useful, as it's a nice move in battle, and it opens up new areas to explore in dungeons and such by climbing up waterfalls in the field. Still, it can't hold a candle to Surf.

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us." - Maddie Blaustein

BackwardsMan, huh? NoodleChefKyle's Avatar

Rock Smash is worthless. Sure it gets you places, but it's a weak fighting move. Seriously.

Maddie Blaustein, 1960-2008
    You will be missed.

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

I choose Rock Smash, not only for the reasons stated above, but for
    the annoying-ness of pulling it out.

See, when I'm confronted with those breakable rocks I just don't happen to
    have my HM slave with me that can use it and I don't feel like having to
    teach any of my uber-party pokemon just to get past a road block when I feel
    like doing a ground run. It's annoying that these rocks are even in the game.
    Sure they add a road block and challenge to the exploring aspect, but I wish they
    were excluded from the main paths of the game (IE north of Mauville)

And the reason I probably don't have that pokemon that knows Rock Smash
    with me is probably because it's not worth training.

-In Simple Harmony-

I heart Brendan. =P Crimson Moon's Avatar

Flash.
    I dislike many others too like Rock Smash, Whirlpool, and Waterfall, but Flash has to be the worst.
    Call Me: Tenshi, Angel, Sazuki, Shakaku, Ivy, Yvi, Crimson, Mitsuki, or Tsuki
    Please Join: IcyMoon forums
    Please View: My art, my original oneshot Scathe, and my other original oneshot Soldier
    I'll only really be online during the weekends and sometimes during the week due to school.

Joshu/Jindai/Hyouta Fan Maverynthia's Avatar

I hate all of them. I find it wasteful to have all these moves that you need sometimes more than one pokemon in the party to use (good thing Zigzaguma can use Rock Smash, Cut AND Surf...) It annoyed the crap outta me in LG trying to get to Indigo Plateau. The MOST useless I vote is Flash..since there aren't many caves you have to go into and it's a useless move in battle...:/

Anything but Surf.

On that note, I thank the powers that be for the Zigzagoon line. :D
    domains under heaven -- long united must divide, long divided must unite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast