8 10.26%
  • Other (Please say)

14 17.95%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lavender Town

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Default Re: Lavender Town

I'm going to be 100% honest here: I was completely and utterly terrified by the music. Every time I went to Lavender Town, I would dive into the nearest Mart/PokéCenter just to get away from it. And the Pokémon Tower... good lord. I was convinced the Channelers were trying to kill me, exemplified by the fact that I thought the healing zone they set up would completely delete your game if you stepped into it. Seriously.

The music of Lavender Town always gave me the creeps when entering the town. Even as of today, I still sometimes find myself turning down the volume a little when entering the town or the tower.

The music. It isn't exactly scary, it just... I get this feeling of sadness and almost hopelessness. Just creepy.

SoulSilver: 4856 7401 8578 ~ <3

Blog Entries

in the tower, you see people possessed by ghosts...
    Russia never loses the game, the game loses to Russia

Nothing in Lavender town had ever struck me as scary.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Yeah, there's a girl who stands in the town and asks if you believe in ghosts. If you say yes, she says 'So there are believers...' and if you say no, she'll say there's a white hand on your shoulder and act all creepy.

But to be honest, I just think her character is that of a mischievous and jovially deceitful child. In other words, I think she's joking.
    Until reading this post, I had not heard of this "hand on the shoulder girl". Is she in the originals or is she new?

"All of this sight, I can't believe I couldn't see. Kept in the dark, but you were there in front of me."

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Shadow View Post
    Until reading this post, I had not heard of this "hand on the shoulder girl". Is she in the originals or is she new?
    She's in the originals.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Blog Entries

The music actually scared me for a while after I heard about the Creepypastas. At the time, I had never played the original games. I listened to the music, and that night I kept thinking I was hearing it XD. Now I feel like the biggest idiot ever because it is all just a bunch of stories.

Blog Entries

Other than the very unsettling music, the Creepypastas in general are what makes Lavender Town so scary. But, then again, the music did play a large part in most of those rumors, anyway.

But stuff like Creepy Black, Buried Alive, White Hand, the Missing Frequencies...even if they are all obviously fake, the fact that they have such complex stories surrounding this one city is pretty astounding.

To be honest, I was never scared of Lavender Town at all, as a little girl. I thought it was really fun and the music was one of my favorite songs in the entire game. Even now, after reading all those creepypastas, it still is very nostalgic for me. I've always been a fan of creepy things like that, the ones that sort of mess with your head, so maybe that's what drew me towards it as a child.
    Roses Die, but Ribbons Last Forever

Read my fanfiction, Within Our Crumbling World, and please review!

Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

I must be one of the few not really affected by lavender town much, but that is legitimately only because I haven't heard of the song backwards or anything like that. I've only ever heard FR/LG's (and barely remember it, at that), and HG/SS' version of it.

...And judging by the responses in this thread, I don't think that I would want to, either. xD;

Blog Entries

That music... I feel sick hearing it... and the hand on your shoulder thing reminds me of the white hand creepypasta. And at night after hearing it I could've swore I saw small Gengar on my shelf dancing.
    Shiny Sninx Breeding!
    Hatch Count: 67
    Trying to obtain a Shiny Shinx!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234