Lack of options in Gen 2 ?

Thread: Lack of options in Gen 2 ?

Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Default Lack of options in Gen 2 ?

Has anyone noticed that it's very hard to create varied teams using only Generation 2 Pokemon? It is my favorite gen gameplay-wise but this always felt like a drawback for me. Many times you would be forced to use Gen 1 Pokemon because of lack of options.

100 new Pokemon introduced.

6 are Legendaries: (Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi)

6 are Pre-evolutions of existing Pokemon: (Magby, Smoochum, Elekid, Pichu, Igglybuff, Cleffa)

8 are Evolutions of existing Pokemon: (Scizor, Steelix, Crobat, Umbreon, Espeon, Kingdra, Bellossom, Hitmontop)

9 are Starters, 6 are therefore unavailable.

Only 74 left. Houndour and Houndoom aren't even found until after the E4 , they're in another region for some reason.

Anybody else notice this?

Default Re: Lack of options in Gen 2 ?

I agree, I tried to do this recently and couldn't; it's a real shame.

I think it's mostly because, maybe, when Gen II was first released, it wasn't really thought of by GF as an entirely new generation, but rather as just a sequel, or expansion, per say. When it did really well they started to realise "Hey guys, this whole Pokemon thig's really going places." and started to make larger, proper generations. I dunno exactly how it worked out, I was only like five at the time.