Johto Game ideas

Thread: Johto Game ideas

The sun? Thats the hottest place on earth!

Lightbulb Johto Game ideas

I know some people don't want to see a GSC remakes, but others don't like the idea because it has Kanto in it. Well, why don't post your ideas about what you'd like to see if Johto was to be remade in a game?

I can't post much now, but all I had as ideas was:

Go through Johto like you normally would, beat league(need a modified storyine here). Somewhere around this time you get a message from maybe the professor saying that someone had been watching you for a while, and thought you to be a good trainer. This person approaches you and asks to battle him/her and if you beat them, they ask you to take a trip on his boat to, the Orange Islands.

This could be a good way of bringing the Orange Islands in game for first time. You now challange the orange league, but the crews pokemon are very powerful, in the 50-70s levels and leagues pokemon are around a little higher, from 60-80s as you already have high level pokemon from beating Johto league,

When you go to pinkin island, maybe as a side quest, you find out that the berries that turn pokemon there pink, have all gone and you have to find who took them, get them back, plant the berries there and grow new bushes. Since pokemon here are protected, you can't catch the pink pokemon.

After league has been beaten, Kanto legendary birds become available to catch in game and are roaming the islands. Then you can go to and from Orange Islands and Johto

comments welcome, ideas welcome etc...

Thanks Felly for banner

^That was close to me. Interesting

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

I have a few ideas I'd like to see implemented in a GSC remake (or any new Pokemon game, really). Not that I consider any of them likely...

Ditch my two most hated aspects of the games: Safari Zones and romaing legendaries. Going after Pokemon with low Catch Rates is nerve-wracking enough without the Safari Zone making it into a lottery, and the concept of roaming legendaries was seeming dreamed up by somebody who thought catching the legendaries in the first gen just wasnn't infuriating enough.

I'd also like to see maybe one or two of the old event-exclusives made catchable. Really, what harm could it do? There are now eight Pokemon that aren't available via normal means in the games (nine if you include Phione, which requires Manaphy). Events aren't always easy to get to even if you happen to live in a country that hosts them. Why not make Mew, Celebi and so on obtainable in-game, albeit rather difficult to get? Nintendo would still have Arceus and company to tempt people to events, and it'd be a lot easier on completionists.

Also, whenever I'm asked what features I'd like to see in a new game, I always have to mention this last one... Ever since genders were introduced in Gen II, I've wondered about gay Pokemon. I want to see them in a game. I still don't really know what function they'd serve (save for making moves like Charm more unpredictable, and frustrating Breeders), and prevailing social attitudes sadly mean they'd be unlikely to make it into a game anyway. But it'd be so cool...

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A little Safari Zone idea: When first entering the Safari Zone, you are given a key item, the Safari Card, which stores points. You gain a point for each Pokemon you catch in the safari zone, 5 points for each rare Pokemon. Then there'd be a counter where you'd exchange your points for certain priveleges;

(time is 600 steps, supply is 30 safari balls, fee $500)

Initially available:
    10 points: entrance fee becomes $400
    10 points: time becomes 650 steps
    12 points: supply becomes 35 safari balls

After buying those:
    20 points: entrance fee becomes $300
    21 points: time is 700 steps
    22 points: supply becomes 40 safari balls

After buying those:
    35 points: entrance fee becomes $200
    36 points: time is 800 steps
    37 points: supply becomes 45 explore balls (enhanced safari ball w/ Ultra Ball catch rate, still looks like safari ball)

After those:
    40 points: entrance fee is $100
    41 points: time is 850 steps
    42 points: supply becomes 50 explore balls

After buying those and beating elite 4:
    100 points: entrance fee is $50
    101 points: time is 1000 steps
    102 points: supply becomes 70 explore balls

After buying those and getting all stars on trainer card:
    500 points: entrance is free
    600 points: time is 5000 steps
    700 points: supply becomes 100 explore balls, and one jungle ball (safari ball lookalike with 100% catch rate)

After buying those:
    1,000,000 points: wild Pokemon won't flee anymore
    2,000,000 points: 1/7000 chance of finding a shiny, you are paid $100 to enter the safari zone
    3,000,000 points: supply becomes 100 jungle balls

After buying those:
    100,000,000 points: can battle the wild Pokemon, 1/5000 chance of finding a shiny

After that:
    999,999,999 points: 1/900 chance of finding a shiny, you are paid $8000 to enter the safari zone, rare Pokemon appear more often, and after purchasing, you are also given a GS Ball.

After that and getting a Celebi:
    100 points, and have the Celebi in your party: 1/64 chance of finding a shiny, can use regular Pokeballs within safari zone, time becomes 1,000,000 steps, 1/1000 chance of finding a Mew (only once, worth 500 points on Safari Card)

Teh Aussie Noob
    Blog Entries

I would like levels to be raised a little bit, and keep kanto in, however, ditch the gym leader ides for that, and allow trainers to pick whether they wanna compete in contents, in in a battle tower type thing, like the anime

PDL

Take out the ability to go to Kanto.

The game should focus on Jotho and only Jotho. Make it it's own distinctive region, without piggybacking on the "success" of it's predecessor.

Also, fix the Jotho dex so that it prominently features Jotho Pokémon.

Also, fix the whole time machine. It broke the game pretty early on. You were able to trade to your RBY games as early as Ecrutek City. Meaning that you can trade your high-level monsters from those games and not use the monsters you had before. Have it set up like Pal Park: It's only available after you get the national dex.

Not only that, but you shouldn't need to memorize who you can or can't bring to the time machine. Perhaps they should make it a Pal Park instead of a time machine.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

The sun? Thats the hottest place on earth!

Thinking more on the safari zones and "event pokemon"

1) Keep Safari Zone in Johto but make when you want to transfer pokemon via how you do in Gen IV, via wireless, and make you use the safari zone as the pal park. Make safari zone have pokemon available ONLY here and not have ones like in FR/LG "Nidorino" where you can catch them outside of pal park. You'd get more points for better catches...

1 point for 6+ safari balls used
    10 points for 3 pokeballs used
    20 points for 1 pokeball used with bait and rocks thrown
    50 points for 1 pokeball used without throwing bait or using rocks.

100 points for catching a rare pokemon with 1 ball without bait and no rocks
    1000 points for catching a shiny pokemon with 1 ball, no bait and no rocks.

You can choose to catch pokemon for yourself or just to get a better score. Like battle points in D/P/P, the more points you get, the better and you can exchange these for items. Also, you can have options of wireless catching games (max 5 people) either via Nintendo wireless or by someone beside you using game.

If you get a really high score in one turn in safari zone, you get a master ball or some other really good one use item.

Make event pokemon available in game, but add a plot to them so you don't just find them and catch them. e.g. find mewtwo and bring it to an area to flush out mew, but you won't know what area it will be in, it will be roaming and you can just find it like other roaming pokemon, but you can't leave battle until its caught or defeated.

Also, if a legedary is defeated, after a peorid of time, you can find it again (how many times have you lost the chance to get a legend as you accidently defeated it or it struggled itself to fainting?)
    Last edited by Shinx3000; 12th December 2008 at 10:39 AM.

Thanks Felly for banner

^That was close to me. Interesting

Ownage-type
    I can't think of anything snappy to put here!

Other than the addition of the Vs. Seeker and changing the time machine into a Pal Park, (and of course the graphical updates) just keep it the same as it's been. Oh, and raise the levels a little! 40-50 elite four? Pheh! Make it at least 45-60-something, like RSE.

Blog Entries

Don't we have a thread for this?