internal battery has run dry. the game can still be played but clock based events...

Thread: internal battery has run dry. the game can still be played but clock based events...

Default internal battery has run dry. the game can still be played but clock based events...

will no longer occur ?

i am sad because pokemon emerald and sapphire were my first games ever and i just restarted emerald to play it again this is the message i got. i have it on sapphire too. i never used to get this before on emerald, only on sapphire. but now it's on both, is it bad? what am i doing wrong? if i take it to best buy can they fix it?

Default Re: internal battery has run dry. the game can still be played but clock based events

I read somewhere that after like a year or a set number of hours of playtime (i think it was 100 hours) the battery dries up. It happened in my Sapphire Version and the only thing that it does it's that you can no longer grow berries and Shoal Cave doesn't change because those two are time based events. The game still plays fine but time based events no longer occur.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

3DS 4682-9334-0694

Default Re: internal battery has run dry. the game can still be played but clock based events

Quote Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
    I read somewhere that after like a year or a set number of hours of playtime (i think it was 100 hours) the battery dries up. It happened in my Sapphire Version and the only thing that it does it's that you can no longer grow berries and Shoal Cave doesn't change because those two are time based events. The game still plays fine but time based events no longer occur.
    aww well that's not too bad. so does that mean that pokemon rse games will be able to save forever?

Quote Originally Posted by turkey View Post
    aww well that's not too bad. so does that mean that pokemon rse games will be able to save forever?
    Yes they will save.

3DS 4682-9334-0694

thanks... i was getting worried because i read up that they used a chip which would eventually wear out, but it's nice to know they will always be playable.

So ya my poke man emerald game does the same thing as well is it defective??

Quote Originally Posted by turkey View Post
    thanks... i was getting worried because i read up that they used a chip which would eventually wear out, but it's nice to know they will always be playable.
    Although you posted this on October 17th and it's kind of a bump I at least have a good reason to post on this thread.

I found a video for you (or anyone who is having this problem.) it's how to fix the battery in Pokemon R/S/E :). Similar to how you fix Pokemon R/B/Y I guess.

It will fix the clock problem.

Link: Replacing Game Boy Advance Cartridge Battery (solderless) - YouTube

Does the battery last only one year? That's strange, even batteries of Gen II cartridges didn't have such a short lifetime.
    Are you sure that you're not talking about Berry glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Swadloon View Post

Does the battery last only one year? That's strange, even batteries of Gen II cartridges didn't have such a short lifetime.
    Are you sure that you're not talking about Berry glitch?
    Ah so that's where i read about 100 hours or 1 year and the battery would dry up, guess i was talking about the Berry Glitch. But as i recall my Sapphire battery dried up in a less of a year.
    Last edited by Norzan; 14th November 2013 at 11:42 AM.

3DS 4682-9334-0694