If you designed the Gen V storyline..

Thread: If you designed the Gen V storyline..

The sun? Thats the hottest place on earth!

Cool If you designed the Gen V storyline..

...what would you have? Basically all I have seen is the storylines to games being based of some bad guys who want to capture legendary/rare pokemon and use them for themselves...

I don't really remember the Gen 1 and 2 storylines, but based of team rocket.

R/S/E = Team Magma and Aqua, try and capture goudron or Kyogre and either make it rain or sunny so that land either drys up or becomes engulfed by sea.

D/P/P = Team Glactic, try and capture Palkia/Digala to control space/time

What I would like to see:

Maybe somewhere deep in the Gen V region, a rare/legend pokemon is sleeping, it wakes up occationally to walk around or feed. Then someone or something disturbes it so it cannot sleep and it goes into a rampage, destroying everything.

There is bad guys, with dark balls. One of them does manage to capture this creature and makes it evil (like how celebi was caught in dark ball) and the players goal is between becomming a top trainer, is to find the bad guys and have the legendary pokemon released so it can go back to sleep, and after it does, a while later you can go and catch it as it will want to battle you as you saved it.

In the mean time while your training and doing gym battles etc... some trainers pokemon get stolen and you have to rescue them from these bad guys and return them to trainers who give you exclusive items for their safe return.

Well, need more of a plot than that, but I don't know much right now and thats all I can think of.

What would you guys and gals want as a good plot?

Blog Entries

There already are two games like that more or less.

They're called Collosseum and XD, and they're on the Game Cube.
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinx3000 View Post
    R/S/E = Team Magma and Aqua, try and capture goudron or Kyogre and either make it rain or sunny so that land either drys up or becomes engulfed by sea.
    So the whole "Expanding the land to give more land Pokemon a place to live" and "expanding the oceans to give more ocean Pokemon a place to live" completely flew over your head? Basically they were idiot eco-terrorists who thought they were doing good but somehow could not figure out that changing the ecosystem that much would have an effect on all environments.

D/P/P = Team Glactic, try and capture Palkia/Digala to control space/time
    Is that all? Really? I was under the impression that Cyrus was going to use them to form a new-world order and destroy the old one. He will ascend to the level of a god and let live all he deems as worthy.

What I would like to see:

Maybe somewhere deep in the Gen V region, a rare/legend pokemon is sleeping, it wakes up occationally to walk around or feed. Then someone or something disturbes it so it cannot sleep and it goes into a rampage, destroying everything.

There is bad guys, with dark balls. One of them does manage to capture this creature and makes it evil (like how celebi was caught in dark ball) and the players goal is between becomming a top trainer, is to find the bad guys and have the legendary pokemon released so it can go back to sleep, and after it does, a while later you can go and catch it as it will want to battle you as you saved it.
    So how is this any different from, and these are your words, not mine, a story line "being based of some bad guys who want to capture legendary/rare pokemon and use them for themselves..."

In the mean time while your training and doing gym battles etc... some trainers pokemon get stolen and you have to rescue them from these bad guys and return them to trainers who give you exclusive items for their safe return.
    Can you say greedy or what? And hey, Silver and Shuckle guy say hi, so does Mr. Briney and Peecko.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shinx3000 View Post
    I don't really remember the Gen 1 and 2 storylines, but based of team rocket.
    Where have you been.

I: Take over the world with Pokémon.

II: Bring back Giovanni... then take over the world with Pokémon.

Play FRLG. Game Freak, make GSDS so this guy can play that too.

I hope that in Gen V, the League is corrupt and the player has to fight them as bad guys first. That would kick ass.

...and Never-Turn-Back. Giratina!'s Avatar
    somewhere on the other side of the multiple universes, on a track running parallel to your Earth...

I would probably have the whole 'become League champ' concept be shared with the idea of taking up other professions as well, like Pokemon Police Force, Contest-goer (more than just doing the Contests, but talking with other Contest-goer NPCs) and - Arceus forbid - Evil Organization Grunt/Commander. Before you do this, you will have to deal with the local Trainer's School. If you take up the profession of Contest-goer, you will go through a brief Contest School, should you take up the profession of a member of the Police, you shall go through lessons at some sort of cop school, etc. You will not start out in the blah little town, which will take up a role much like Celestic Town, a tiny little place with an interesting...shrine, or something, in which the soul of a long-lost Legendary resides. The bad guys will be much like Team Rocket, not really caring about the Legendary until they run into a problem that the Legendary can fix. After running off with the poor thing, you will eventually get a chance to rescue the thing, which wil end up being your starter, and will evolve much like a normal Pokemon, except that there are more than three evolutions. Eventually, you will face off with the bad guy Orginization, or, if you joined them already, you would eventually be ranked up to Commander and having to deal with the hero. After the evil organization dies, you go through the other professions until you've done it all. Only then are you dubbed 'Pokemon Master'.

...Holy flip. That was long.

Default Martonimos is talking

Some of these posts sound more like "What kind of Pokémon game do you want Nintendo to make?" which is already a thread.

Of course, I can't resist this sort of thing. The Gen V storyline... I think I'd have a criminal syndicate, closer to Team Rocket than the more recent teams, who had far more specific and... ambitious goals. They would be all about robbing the world blind, rather than screwing with the environment or hitting the universe's reset button. The boss would be more evil, though; closer to Cyrus (or at least, what little I know about Cyrus) than Giovanni, minus the plans to become God.

I'd make the rival a member of this team, a mid-level commander who encounters the player early on (after stealing the starter Pokémon strong against the player's, obviously). They'd then encounter repeatedly, sometimes when the player foils the team's plans, sometimes by accident. The rival will view the player at first as a mere thorn in his side, but after repeated losses, grows to view him or her as a serious threat, although he also starts to respect the player over time.

I'd have the story climax when the evil team stumbles across the local legendary, and the boss captures it. The rival, seeing the potential for uncontrollable power that a legendary in the hands of that man represents, reluctantly informs the player. The player must battle his/her way to the boss with the rival's help, but faces the boss alone. Eventually, he/she defeats the boss and the Poké Ball holding the legendary shatters. The boss vanishes, the legendary returns to from whence it came, and the team is dissolved, with the rival training and battling the player on occasion (like Silver, Pearl, or Wally).

...aaaand as I was writing all that, I realized that I had done nothing about the Pokémon league. Really, it wouldn't be too much different from previous games (maybe I'd throw in TTE's corruption idea)... except I think the champion would be a close friend of the player's from early on in the game. His or her (I'm gonna go with her for now) identity as Champion would be a closely-guarded secret, because she mostly wants a normal life. She only shows up at the Pokémon league when it looks like a challenger might make it to her. As you can probably tell by now, I usually enjoy creating characters a little more than creating plot, so I'll try to make each of the gym leaders and Elite Four as memorable as possible.

And finally, I'd elaborate on the relationship between the player and the counterpart of the opposite gender. I'd hate myself for it (plus, I suck at writing romance), but I just can't stand it when a relationship is hinted at but never goes anywhere.

So that's my story. I know it's pretty long-winded, so many thanks to those of you that have read the whole thing to this point.