How hard did the Gen II - Gen III shift hit you? - Page 6

View Poll Results: How did the Gen II - Gen III shift hit you?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Badly. It kind of ruined Ruby and Sapphire for me.

12 8.82%
  • It sucked, but I managed to make it through fine.

17 12.50%
  • It really didn't affect my opinion of the game.

49 36.03%
  • I didn't care! At all!

58 42.65%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How hard did the Gen II - Gen III shift hit you?

追放されたバカ
    Keepin' mah prized red Duskull caged up?! Ya bet your ass.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How hard did the Gen II - Gen III shift hit you?

Quote Originally Posted by Arc Blader View Post
    Kabuto/Omanyte? Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan? I know they're not legendaries, but they work on the same principle.
    In the second and third generations it's possible to breed them though, unlike all legendaries sans Manaphy. Plus, neither really holds the same kind of (non) "monetary" value that legendaries do, and he was mostly talking about legendaries exclusively anyway.

Nonsense. Plenty of Gen I/II Pokes were available in Gen III, even if you exclude Fr/Lg.
    Excepting the inclusion of Colosseum-only Johto Pokemon in the Emerald Safari zone and Ditto, Mew, Ho-Oh, Lugia (again only in Emerald), even with event Pokemon in the picture there are only under 70 of all 251 Johto/Kanto Pokemon. It's no big exaggeration that they may as well have removed all of them. Plus, more than half are limited to "seatings" in the Safari zone or underwater. (Which, on that note, is one of the most depressingly tiresome ways to get the Pokemon you want, what with you being almost bound to run into a dozen Clamperls before you have a chance with any of them.)

Ruby was good, but the transition did hit me hard. The lack of old pokemon available at transition compounded by the almost complete lack of post e-4 content, and the fact that they seemed to want to deny gen. 1 and 2 ever happened was very annoying. FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald don't have anything to do with how I feel about the transition between crystal and Ruby/Sapphire.
    Tentative pokemon Black team:

1.Oshawott; 2. Blitzel.; 3. Zorua; 4. Victini; 5. Deino; 6. Reshiram

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshi View Post
    In the second and third generations it's possible to breed them though, unlike all legendaries sans Manaphy. Plus, neither really holds the same kind of (non) "monetary" value that legendaries do, and he was mostly talking about legendaries exclusively anyway.
    But it was impossible to get multiples without trading in Gen I (in which they were released). His main point was that they were being exploited for a cash grab. Yes, this is a bigger deal with legendaries, but the idea remains the same. And only n00bs use legendaries anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshi View Post
    Excepting the inclusion of Colosseum-only Johto Pokemon in the Emerald Safari zone and Ditto, Mew, Ho-Oh, Lugia (again only in Emerald), even with event Pokemon in the picture there are only under 70 of all 251 Johto/Kanto Pokemon. It's no big exaggeration that they may as well have removed all of them. Plus, more than half are limited to "seatings" in the Safari zone or underwater. (Which, on that note, is one of the most depressingly tiresome ways to get the Pokemon you want, what with you being almost bound to run into a dozen Clamperls before you have a chance with any of them.)
    There is at least 1/5 of the previous Pokémon available in RSE. That's significantly more than 0. Had it been 1/25, or even 1/10, I'd accept that sort of exaggeration.
    If you want to reply, VM ME. Please don't make this thread any more off topic than it already is.

It wasn't the split that bothered me so much as so many old Pokemon being unobtainable period. I can ditch my old Pokemon and catch new ones, but not if the new ones are impossible to catch. Thus I didn't buy any Gen III games until FirRed were announced. After I bought Sapphire, though, they became and still are my favorite games in the series.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456