How to get Johto starters to Diamond/Pearl?

Thread: How to get Johto starters to Diamond/Pearl?

Default How to get Johto starters to Diamond/Pearl?

I know you can get them for Pokémon Emerald but you must catch every 200 Pokemon(right?). So you must trade from Ruby/Sapphire, I have all of the Generation III games but I only have a Nintendo DS Lite so I can't trade is there an other way to get them? Cuz its unfair to new Pokemon fans that only have a DS and D/P and the Generation III and you can't get the starters.

Pal Park.

Aaand...these kind of questions go into this thread: Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers
    *gone*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalPokeFantasyFan1234 View Post
    I know you can get them for Pokémon Emerald but you must catch every 200 Pokemon(right?). So you must trade from Ruby/Sapphire, I have all of the Generation III games but I only have a Nintendo DS Lite so I can't trade is there an other way to get them? Cuz its unfair to new Pokemon fans that only have a DS and D/P and the Generation III and you can't get the starters.
    XD and Colosseum are the only way to get all the Johto starters in the third gen (aside from restarting Emerald twice). Other than that, your only hope is to find someone who has them you can trade with.

discontented with winter VibuzeSG's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalPokeFantasyFan1234 View Post
    There's always the GTS. If you manage to obtain something like a Spiritomb, a Feebas, or any of the other starters from the other games, you should be able to get one rather easily.

PDL

Quote Originally Posted by VibuzeSG View Post
    There's always the GTS. If you manage to obtain something like a Spiritomb, a Feebas, or any of the other starters from the other games, you should be able to get one rather easily.
    The only problem with this method is that in order to actually search or request a Pokémon, you have to have actually seen it in your Pokédex.

Which you can't since you never actually encounter a trainer with any of the past starters if I recall correctly.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

discontented with winter VibuzeSG's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    The only problem with this method is that in order to actually search or request a Pokémon, you have to have actually seen it in your Pokédex.

Which you can't since you never actually encounter a trainer with any of the past starters if I recall correctly.
    True...then I guess you could always just ask around. We do have a Trade Coordination Thread in the Generation IV board, though I'm not sure how active it is (I haven't needed to use it).

like they said, colosseum, or restarting emerald twice =/
    its worth it though for sure if you don't have colosseum to go through emerald twice, but i personally never found ruby/sapphire/emerald to be very fun to go through more than twice.
    2 muffins are sitting in an oven, one muffin turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here" the other immediately screams "AHH TALKING MUFFIN!!!"

Transition in transition Xsisten's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I found someone to give me a cindaquil for TM flash cannon. That same level 1 cindaquil is now a pretty strong quilava- at least better than chimchar. (XP)

I suggest finding someone over wi-fi. And TM psychic is TOTALLY worth a masterball!!

At least I think so.
    ~Not of this world...~
    Fizzy Bubbles Member List Post

British Invasion $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

I think XD would be slightly more easier than restarting Emerald twice more. Just battle 100 trainers and pick the starter of your choice. Repeat two more times. Plus, XD's Johto starters already come pre-equiped with their "elemental Hyper Beams".

By far, the easiest thing to do is just ask around. Whether it be in the trade thread here or in Serebii's wifi-chat or my personal preference: one of the hundreds of Pokemon LiveJournal communities. There are tons of people who are willing to trade you things like the Johto starts for little to nothing.