How do you play Gen1-3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you play Gen1-3

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you play Gen1-3

I was just wondering how do you guys play gen1 - 3 games. Emulators, gamboys (which one and why) or if there is another way to do it post it :P
    I myself play gen 1-2 on my oldskool (because nothing is more oldschool then oldskool) GameBoy Color, for the gen3 i sometimes play it on emulators for pc. But mostly on my iPod Touch (yeha gba emulators for iOS exist). I like the last option the most since i can play over night (before a big test if possible xD) as much as i want whitout having to hear my comp or play on a very small part of a big screen/on a screen where one pixel is bigger them one cm2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How do you play Gen1-3

I like the last option the most since i can play over night (before a big test if possible xD) as much as i want whitout having to hear my comp or play on a very small part of a big screen/on a screen where one pixel is bigger them one cm2.
    ...what?

I don't really play gen I nor gen II any more, but I sometimes boot up one of my copies of Emerald (I have two) on my NDS.
    White FC: 1678-3054-7710
    Black 2 FC: 3053 3827 7149

Black 2

Post Thanks / Like

Follow Usagi-Zakura on Tumblr Visit Usagi-Zakura's Youtube Channel

Generally I don't. If I do I play Red version on my Game Boy color because I don't have Gold, Sapphire or my GBA anymore (I regret selling Gold... until HGSS came out. Now I don't care.) But I haven't played Red either since I got Platinum.
    When I went back to Red I just got too annoyed at the lack of features and not enough pokèmon as I end up with pretty much the same team every single time...

Post Thanks / Like

I have been playing fire red on my phone with gameboid but I still rock my emerald game on My ds

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Emulators because of mods and scripting and messing around er, a Game Boy Advance, of course!

If I could, I would play Red in a Super Game Boy because of the palette. But oh well. A GBA is pretty convenient, though I use the original model which isn't backlit.

... apparently, it is allowed to mention playing in an emulator now from what I understand, so I will go more on detail on that: I don't really play seriously in them. Mostly it's for game mods, to program scripts, and just mess around with the game internally, using things such as memory editors to see how it works.
    If I want to play the thing... well, LeafGreen puts it best: "If you like this game, buy it or die."

[/overexposition]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Once I acquire a Gamecube and a GameBoy Player, that's what I'm going to use to fulfill my GameBoy-related needs. Until then, I shall play continue to play them on my GBA.

No, Not Yet Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I don't play Generation II any more due to the battery problem, but I play Generation I on my Gameboy Colour, for the nostalgia (If my SP's backlight hadn't died, I'd be using that though). For Generation III, I use my Gameboy Micro. Personally, I love the Micro - especially as I have a neck strap for it (also, I like a backlight when I can get one).

However, once I can get a new lead for my Gamecube, I'll be playing Gen III on my big TV using my Gameboy Player.

Relax and have fun. The Power of Pika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't really play them much anymore due to age of them. However when I do RBY and GSC are all played on my gameboy colour. I know how to replace the battery in them and thus restoring them to be playable again. However it can be a bit of a pain so I don't really get attached to those games as much as I use too.

RSE I play on my GBA SP. Unfortunately in recent years I have lost interest in them ever since they started the dreaded Battery has run dry but the game can still be played message.........
    Not berry glitch. The battery that runs the time died in them. At least it doesn't effect save but still it's annoying. I like my games to have all their features so when the time is screwed and the game keeps reminding you it really becomes a pain in the neck even if I can still play with that save. GBA games use a different screw to the GB games aswell which the screw driver I don't have currently.>_>

LG and FR I play on occasions aswell and the only games in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen to not have a stupid battery.=P

I guess the battery is another reason I don't play my old games much since I just went on and on about it.XD
    Though yeah gameboy colour and gameboy advance sp is how I play mine.
    Last edited by The Power of Pika; 26th March 2012 at 09:08 AM.

My name is Daffy Duck, I worked on a Merry-Go-Round, The job was swell,
    I did quite well,Till the Merry-go-round broke down.
    (Hoo-hoo! Hoo-hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo-hoo!)

The Stray Veteran Pokemon Blazing Charmander's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I tend to play Red, Blue and Yellow through Pokemon Stadium's GB Tower on N64, mostly due to the convenient triple speed Dodrio mode. It also helps that I haven't yet completed Round 2 on Stadium, so I still have a reason to have the N64 hooked up to my TV. That isn't to say that I don't play RBY on handheld at all though; if I feel like playing on the go I will slot them into my backlit Game Boy Advance SP, or even my purple Game Boy Color if I need to trade between games for any reason. I will also play Silver and Crystal through Stadium 2 on occasion, though I don't have the luxury of Dodrio mode on Stadium 2 which means that more often than not I play them on my trusty SP. For Gen 3 I like to interchange between my SP and original DS.
    "My Dream..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We're not supposed to talk about emulators/ROM's on here, so what I'm about to post is against the rules: I usually play them in Visualboy Advance. Hacks are fun. I still have them for my GBA SP, though.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I use my game boy advance sp for all of then. I don't play gen II do the the batterys dying

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I only have g3n 3, but i play them on my GB/DS, so i can transfer my pokemon. I dont use emulators because knowing my luck i would run into a million shinies and have no way of getting them to cartridges.
    My 3ds FC: 0018 2172 7225 Safari: Rock Feel free to add me! I can only get on wifi maybe once a week at most though!
    my stats[/SIZE]|ranger

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When I actually play them (which isn't very often), I play Gen 1 on my GameBoy (well, a GameBoy currently in my possession), and Gen 3 on my DS. I don't have any games from Gen 2.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Usually on my SP or GB Pocket, but if I'm filming glitches and stuff, I will use my Cube.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Waiting for Hoenn remake We'reBlastinOffAgain's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I play gen II on my GBA, and gen III on my DS lite
    HeartGold FC- 3697 3834 7354
    Platinum FC- 3826 2943 9809
    Black FC- 2623 7586 3462

Don't mess with L!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast