How do/did you catch the three legendary dogs in silver/gold?

Thread: How do/did you catch the three legendary dogs in silver/gold?

Registered User Coat Of Wobbuffet's Avatar

Lightbulb How do/did you catch the three legendary dogs in silver/gold?

You can say how u did catch them (no cheating).
    So we can see how many choices we have for capturing them.

Cool My example

What i belive to be true is to learn you're pokemon mean look or spider web to make them not escape from battle... then i suggest sleeping moves to make the dogs sleep so they dont use roar. After weaken them u can throw a bunch of any poke balls u have! Check pokedex for where their location are. DONT FLY IT CAUSES THEM ONLY TO RUN! take the long road and when u stand where the dog is you can use sweet scent or max repels. Ull find 2-10 pokemon on the first before finding the legendary dog. KEEP LOOKING AT URE POKEDEX!

Blog Entries

First of all, don't double post...

Spider Web/Mean Look CAN help, but I do believe at least one of them also possesses Roar in their moveset, which instantly ends a battle by forcing your retreat, so sleeping moves do help as you suggested.

Just using Max Repel DOES NOT work. It is not that simple. If you use a Max Repel and your first Pokémon is higher than level 40 the dog will not appear even if you're in the right place. You have to place a Pokémon as close to 40 as possible without going over at the head of your team THEN use the Repel.

It's significantly easier to do in Crystal because Suicune is in a set location (Tin Tower upon defeating Eusine in Cianwood then Team Rocket in the Radio Tower)

The most obvious answer is the Master Ball. I've used that on Suicune in every game I've played (including Crystal as I couldn't be bothered to try to catch it normally).

Beyond that, I prefer weakening them before trying to put them to sleep, save when they're weak enough, then get something your sleeper and just start throwing balls. I used Parasect in Silver (this had to be L70 before it could outrun Entei ¬_¬) and Jynx (around L50 I think) in Crystal. If they wake up, put them back to sleep, if they run/roar, turn off and try again.

Or just try getting a lucky fluke. That's what happened with me and Raikou in Silver. Had half health, I was showing off to one of my brothers friends, chucked a Fast Ball and caught him.

I second what Murkrow said up there, I also used the Master Ball to catch Suicune, as for the Raikou and Entei, I'd say luck, moves such as sleep and the like, and an adequate supply of Ultra Balls should do you good.
    ~Pokemaniacs Anonymous:Because growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional.~

Livejournal|Myspace |SQSA

Blog Entries

I just used regular Ultra Balls and perhaps varying status ailments. I run in and out of Mahogany Town in all three directions. If I land on a legend, off I go.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Well lol actually i was having a heck of a bad time finding Entei. Since i only had Suicune and Raikou. I was like 1 hour and 34 mins having a ariados in 28 with max repels near blackthorn city and just going up and down... Well i was watching naruto and pokemon episodes while i was doing it. =P
    (\/)
    (0o) I am bunny! Copy this signature into youre
    signature to help him with world domination!