Help me fix my old Pokemon Yellow game!

Thread: Help me fix my old Pokemon Yellow game!

Exclamation Help me fix my old Pokemon Yellow game!

HELP PLEASE I have this Pokemon Yellow game for the Gameboy, that i have had for years. a couple years ago the game would play, then freeze after a while. Now the game boots and shows the Gameboy logo, then goes to a blank screen. This has been tested on many Gameboys, and the cartridge has been cleaned inside and out very carefully. Any help or instruction on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to go out and buy another Pokemon first generation game. Note: on the back of the circitboard inside the shell, there is some wear on the gold contacts to the right. If this is the problem, how can i go about replacing/repairing that, or using a substitute conducter (if that works) to replace the gold contact. Here is the picture of the golden contact: imgur: the simple image sharer here is the front and back of the board: Pokemon yellow problem cartage circuit board - Imgur thanks

Default Re: Help me fix my old Pokemon Yellow game!

Contacts look like they've seen better days, but that shouldn't be a problem. What is troubling is the damage on the back, like it's been abused somehow. Has the cartridge ROM ever been manhandled, or what else? Drown the cartridge, run it over, leave it out in a hot car for hours?

Blog Entries

The condition on the back of the circuit board is indeed troubling, notably the 'scratches' (?) that appear to run across the top for a ways. It's hard to tell in the image, do any of the scratches run into the traces on the board? That could definitely mess up the cartridge's function. The contacts look decent.

Ruining rivals since 2003 ShadowSandslash's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow ShadowSandslash On Twitter

you might be best getting a new copy
    Sandslash is nearly indestructa- oh COME ON! a Serperior? Rea- oh, hold up. X-scissor... nice.

I started playing in the Summer of 2003, it was all I had out of school, I never bothered going out, except for visiting the odd friend every so often. i took a break but I'm right back at it. that shows I'm like A Day To Remember (Google them if you don't know who they are).

Huge Gen 2/3 fan, I love Pinsir, and I hate Stoutland (don't ask why).