Help catching Raikou and Entei in Crystal

Thread: Help catching Raikou and Entei in Crystal

Visit Mezase Master's Youtube Channel

Default Help catching Raikou and Entei in Crystal

Okay, I've been at this for over a week now and can't stand it anymore. Can somebody give me tips to catch them please? I have a Golbat with Mean Look, but no matter how many Fast Balls or Ultra Balls I throw, I can never get more than two shakes (and that's if I'm really lucky), and the only status condition move my Golbat has is poison, but since they both have like one HP left it knocks them out. If I use any other Pokémon, they instantly flee, and it seems they lose their status condition upon doing so. I was going to keep my Master Ball simply for show, but with all the crap these dogs have been putting me through, I later decided I'd catch one and then just use the Master Ball on the other, but I can't even catch just one of them! Please help, I'm desperate here. :(
    Last edited by Mezase Master; 13th September 2008 at 10:05 AM.

my sweet lord... Swampert tamer's Avatar

If their health is already at their red.. then I suggest you try a pokemon with a sleep-inducing move, like hypnosis (if the pokemon is asleep I doubt it can escape...). It works better than poison or paralysis. But...to do that you'll have to train said pokemon to a high level, so it can outrun the dogs before they escape...

I wish your luck changes soon .. don't give up...
    Last edited by Swampert tamer; 13th September 2008 at 07:36 PM.
    Since everyone these days has one of these, I'm going to put mine too...

On a funny note, I made this personality test on 3 different ocasions and the pokemon I got every single time was Togetic so this can't be very wrong...

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You should try to make them sleep or at least paralyze them... (If I'm right paralized pokemon have their speed decreased) and just waste ultra balls...

I don't recall if there were moves in gen II that left the pokemon with 1 hp... but if there are you should definativelly use it too.

Alternativelly, you could try giving them HP somehow and try to freeze Raikou...

my sweet lord... Swampert tamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    I don't recall if there were moves in gen II that left the pokemon with 1 hp... but if there are you should definativelly use it too.

Alternativelly, you could try giving them HP somehow and try to freeze Raikou...
    Yes, there's a move called False Swipe that will always let the opponent only with 1 hp.. and a fast pokemon can learn it - Scyther. :)

According to what I heard, sleeping or freezing a target makes them more vulnerable to catch than poisoning, burning or paralysing.. Between these two, however, I guess sleeping is easier, since there are immediate sleep-inducing moves (hypnosis, for example), while freezing can only happen as a bonus effect from ice type damage moves.

Edit: Also.. to make raikou have more Hp you would need a rare move, based on luck, called Present..
    Last edited by Swampert tamer; 14th September 2008 at 05:44 AM.
    Since everyone these days has one of these, I'm going to put mine too...

On a funny note, I made this personality test on 3 different ocasions and the pokemon I got every single time was Togetic so this can't be very wrong...