Health meter speed?

Thread: Health meter speed?

Default Health meter speed?

This may be a dumb or noobish question, but in battle, does the speed at which the HP meter decreases mean anything? Sometimes it's very fast, sometimes normal, and occasionally extremely slow. I can't really determine a correlation to attack effectiveness or amount of HP lost just by normal observation.

It depends on the game. In the portable games, the speed of it depends on the amount of max HP your opponent has. In PBR, it depends on how much HP is lost. I think Colosseum/XD is the same as the portables, but I'm not entirely sure.

In a Zombie Powder/Bleach knockout tournament with all the the crew and plasma machine-guns

For some reson,I find that in my games,the bigger the pokemon,the slower it goes.For example,a Pidgey's Hp goes down fast,while a Snorlax's realy slow.I beleve that how fast it goes depends on the Atk. compared to the Hp or Def.

Buuburn is my Homeslice.

Well it's the same speed relatively, but if you have a pokemon who's HP is 30, it's going to go down ten times as fast as a pokemon with 300 HP.

Proud owner of a Legitimate Darkrai.
    24/08/2007
    ---
    Pokemon Pearl Friend Code
    "Holden"
    2663-9459-1419

Blog Entries

With Chansey, even if it's a super effective attack and pwns it in one hit it still takes forever to get down to 0. I know Chansey has good Defense but jeez

Chansey has horrible defense.

It's the HP that makes it slow.

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the more HP there is, longer it would take for that HP to be lost. The HP level goes down at the same speed, but when there's so much that each pixel stack represents say, 10 HP, it's gotta wait until 10 HP has gone down before each pixel disappears, thus slowing the rate that the bar itself moves.

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Is Gone...

Indeed, it all depends on how much HP the Poke in question has.

Offtopic: Crystal Clair, that Shinji = Chuck Norris note in your signature made me lol!!
    Is Gone...