Hacked pokemon, a bad thing?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hacked pokemon, a bad thing?

Default Hacked pokemon, a bad thing?

I have no problem admitting that I caught Mew in pokemon yellow using a game glitch. But some people seem to frown upon using hacks and the like to catch rare/impossible pokemon in the games. I feel that if you pay good money for a game then you are within your rights to use methods like this. what does everyone else think?

You can do whatever you want to your game, just don't ruin it for others.

Do you mean don't use them competitivley?

That, and don't trade them unless the person actually wants it.

In my opinion, using an in-game glitch like Cloning or catching a Pokemon that wasn't meant to be caught like Darkrai or Shaymin, is to be called legit. They are something given by the game, no matter what. Furthermore, not everyone has the luck to get a Darkrai, a Shaymin or a Mew from an event, so, using the game glitches is a must in order to have your Pokedex filled.

As for hacked Pokemon, no, I'm all against them. Using cheat devices when cloning actually DOES exist, and there is the Wi-Fi Connection which lets you have them through the internet, is simply bad. After all, finding someone to trade from is something "difficult" itself which makes it reasonable to get it. even cloned.

Religion is a club Every Breaking Wave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ash_Pokemaster View Post
    In my opinion, using an in-game glitch like Cloning or catching a Pokemon that wasn't meant to be caught like Darkrai or Shaymin, is to be called legit. They are something given by the game, no matter what. Furthermore, not everyone has the luck to get a Darkrai, a Shaymin or a Mew from an event, so, using the game glitches is a must in order to have your Pokedex filled.

As for hacked Pokemon, no, I'm all against them. Using cheat devices when cloning actually DOES exist, and there is the Wi-Fi Connection which lets you have them through the internet, is simply bad. After all, finding someone to trade from is something "difficult" itself which makes it reasonable to get it. even cloned.
    Quoted for Truth

That creepy feeling... Typhlosion In Repose's Avatar

I think it is ok to get unobtainable pokemon by hacking. For example, I got the event legendary pokemon (Lugia, Ho-oh, Deoxys, Mew) by activating their event with a gameshark. I did NOT hwoever catch them with an "easy capture" cheat, or hacked masterballs. I still had to go through the same frustration as someone who actually was able to go to the event and recieve one of the tickets legitimately. This, however, is the only case of hacking pokemon that I find exceptable. They are still caught at their legit location with legit stats. If someone has a lv. 100 arceus, 999 of every stat, met at lv. 1 at lake acuity, then we have a problem.
    And as I sit and talk to you,
    I see your face grow white.
    The shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light.
    The specter on my back will soon be free.
    The dead have come to claim a debt from thee.

I think it is okay to get Event Pokemon by hacking. Remember, some people can't get to the events/don't have the money for travel expenses/are unwilling to travel Arceus knows how far just to get a single Pokemon. As long as the Pokemon has Legit stats/movesets/whatever, it's fine.

In a Zombie Powder/Bleach knockout tournament with all the the crew and plasma machine-guns

I hack all the time,and I feel fine!(Even with stats/level,which I regret now).I got a Q.Are some of the hacks purposely put in?Cause' they have the picture and name with them.

I don't see what's wrong with using hacked Pokemon competitively, if they were just hacked to obtain them and they didn't have any stat alterations or illegal moves.

I, for instance, use a Crobat I used AR to make Shiny. It doesn't harm anyone.

Shinies and PokeRus are an exception because they don't affect battles really. Hacking stats to a ridiculous amount or hacking abilities is pretty much a big no no. People who hack perfect EVs and IVs could be considered cheating in a sense. People who do that are really only guilty of being lazy though.

:~Midnight Blue Moon~: Alilatias's Avatar
    BMGf, SPPf, and UPN - The Fizzy Bubbles RPG branches

The thing that really ticks me off about some hackers is that some try to pass their acts off as legit. My little cousin is a prime example of this.

Me: Nice, you have a whole team of shinies, with good natures as well. How'd you get them?
    Cousin: They're all legit.
    Me: ...What makes you say that?
    Cousin: ...
    Me: *says something about the Pokeballs that his whole shiny team is in*
    Cousin: Those Cherish Balls? Those are rare. You get it by buying 99 Ultra Balls at a time...
    Me: ...Riiiiighhhttt...
    Cousin: I'm serious! I'm your cousin!
    Me: Why the hell does your Shiny LV 100 Swellow that you didn't have yesterday have the Keen Eye ability then?
    Cousin: Because it does?

Lying about legitimacy FTL.

I think its okay to get glitch pokemon. I don't know any other way to get Mew i Green Verison, or Darkurai in Diamond Version. I still have very big problems to get Mew and Celebe to the GBA games. I know how to get Jirachi (pokmeon channel) and Lugia and Hou-ou (colloseum and XD). Have they not released all pokemon yet, like deoxys? I feel confused; I don't know how to get them. I don't care if it's a useless game like pkm channel, as long as you can have these pokemon. I don't like to cheat to get them, but I have to and I think it's okay because game freak has made it too hard to get them without glitches.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Quote Originally Posted by Alilatias View Post
    The thing that really ticks me off about some hackers is that some try to pass their acts off as legit. My little cousin is a prime example of this.

Me: Nice, you have a whole team of shinies, with good natures as well. How'd you get them?
    Cousin: They're all legit.
    Me: ...What makes you say that?
    Cousin: ...
    Me: *says something about the Pokeballs that his whole shiny team is in*
    Cousin: Those Cherish Balls? Those are rare. You get it by buying 99 Ultra Balls at a time...
    Me: ...Riiiiighhhttt...
    Cousin: I'm serious! I'm your cousin!
    Me: Why the hell does your Shiny LV 100 Swellow that you didn't have yesterday have the Keen Eye ability then?
    Cousin: Because it does?

Lying about legitimacy FTL.
    XD

Blog Entries

Yeah, lying about legitimacy is what really ticks me off, the hacking doesn't as much as the lie.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast